Chapter 3

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Me? Asking out Chaeyoung? I’d be lying if I said the thought of it didn’t cross my mind, but honestly I was scared.

“Do…do you really think I should?”

“TZUYU!” Dahyun yells at me, like she’s never done before.

“What!? Why are you yelling!? My mom is home, lower your voice!”

“I’m sorry, but what kind of question is that? You really like Chaeyoung don’t you? I mean she obviously likes you.”

“I…I know its just… she’s so beautiful and talented, what if I’m not good enough for her?”

“Tzuyu c'mon now, you’re beautiful and talented too! Don’t think that way! Have more confidence in yourself!”

“Thank you Dahyun, I appreciate that a lot.”

Dahyun and I tend to argue a lot, but she is always nice when it counts, especially when I’m feeling down.

“Hey, if Chaeyoung did reject you for some stupid reason like she’s too good for you, then she never deserved you to begin with, but with the way you talk about her, and the few times I’ve hung out with her around you, I don’t think she’d do something like that.”

“Yeah, you’re right… you know what? I’m gonna ask her out.”

“Wait… really!?“

I nod my head with a smile.

“Yes! That’s my girl! When and how are you gonna do it huh?”

“I…I have no idea…help me Dahyun!” I cry out.

“Where would you be without me Chou Tzuyu?”

We spend the rest of the night thinking of scenarios where I can ask out Chaeyoung. We finally come up with the best plan we could think of. Dahyun goes over the plan with me.

“Ok, so where are you going to do it?”

“At the park by the school.”

“Why at the park?”

“Because they’re many places there where we can have a private conversation with no interruptions.”

“Good! When are you doing this?”

“Friday, after school.”

“And why?”

“That way on the off chance that I do get rejected, it won’t be during school time and I can’t focus, and the weekend comes and we can eat ice cream and cry together.”

“Very good! You got this in the bag Tzuyu! Now I know you’re excited, but no matter what whenever you see Chaeyoung try to control yourself, you can’t make it obvious that you’re planning something.”

“Yes, of course! Thanks Dahyun, I’d be a mess trying to do this without you.”

“Yes, I know this.” She chuckles.

As the school days passed by, it was really hard not giving away that I was planning something around Chaeyoung, but soon enough, Thursday night rolls around. Chaeyoung and I are texting and talking about this week’s anime episodes, that’s when I decide to take action.

“Hey by the way, are you doing anything after school tomorrow?”

I wait patiently for her text, hoping and praying she doesn’t have any plans.

Bzz~

I jump up in excitement. I close my eyes and slowly take a peek at my phone screen.

“Hmm nope nothing! Why what’s up?”

“YES!” I yell out. Relax Tzuyu! Get yourself together! I take a deep breath and reply.

“Oh cool! Do you want hang out with me? We can get some food and go to the park near the school? Ever been there?”

I close my eyes once again in anticipation.

Bzz~

Slowly I open them.

“Oh yeah sure! That sounds fun! Yeah I’ve actually been there a few times, never really hung around for too long, but it should definitely be fun with you!”

My heart beats so fast I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

“Awesome! I’ll see you tomorrow then! Can’t wait!”

Ahhh my heart, calm down please. I’m only just setting things up, and I’m this anxious. Will I be able to go through with the plan tomorrow? I try my hardest to fall asleep, but I’m wide awake. My heart is beating so fast, I keep imagining Chaeyoung in front of me…in the park…saying…saying yes.

The morning sun rises, I only slept a few hours last night, but I’m energized more than I ever have been. Today is the day. When I get to school I see Dahyun with a huge smile on her face. I can’t help but smile back at her, she looks just as excited as I am.

“Are you ready!? You better be!”

“Yes! I’m as ready a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter