Howon's Birthday

Howon's Birthday

Howon was bored for the whole week. It's because, he's just here in the dorm spending his whole day doing nothing. Since he got injured, his schedules was cancelled for him to rest. He is not really bored for the whole week because Sungyeol is with him, because the younger also doesn't have schedules that's why he choose to accompany his hyung while the others are not around instead of spending his day offs with his family. And Howon was really glad for that because being with the choding was fun. Even though his moves are limited, he needs to sit on the dorms sofa for the whole day because the doctor advised that he shouldn't put force on his ankle. Despite of that, the choding made his best to make Howon entertained, from having movie marathons or just talking about random things until the other members will be back form their individual schedules.

 

But today was different, he expected that Sungyeol will be the one to wake him up because that was the routine for the whole week but instead he wake up by himself because of the blinding light of the sun because probably Dongwoo forgot again to close the blinds. When he look the time on his phone, he was surprised because it was already 12 noon. Does Sungyeol have a schedule today? He asked himself, because it was impossible for the choding to forget his daily routine, unless he have a schedule but as long as he can remember, Sungyeol doesn't have a schedule for the entire week.

 

Feeling confused, he grabbed his crutches that was leaning on the end of his bed and went to dorm's living room.

 

"Sungyeol? Yeol?" He called Sungyeol when he reached the couch.

 

"Yes hyung?" Sungyeol answered, poking his head from his shared room of Myungsoo.

 

"Nothing, I thought you have schedule." Howon replied, relieved that Sungyeol is here.

 

"I'm sorry I forgot to wake you up, I'm busy. I'm doing something." Sungyeol apologized but before Howon can answer, the younger already closed the door.

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

Howon sighed, he already finished eating brunch and even he just had snack a minute ago but still Sungyeol didn't get out from the room leaving Howon alone and bored. He just spend his time watching TV.

 

It was already 7 pm when he decide to call Sungyeol again.

 

"Yeol?" He knocked.

 

"You need something hyung?" He heard Sungyeol's muffled reply.

 

"No, maybe you need some help from what you are doing?" Howon asked.

 

"Oh! Just relaxed in there Hyung! I'm fine! Just wait for the others to come." Sungyeol declined his offer.

 

Howon had no choice but to sit on the sofa again and wait for the others to be home.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

Howon wakes up by an annoying voice from outside. He didn't notice that he fell asleep watching TV. Groaning, he used his crutches to open the door to yell whoever is that so loud form the outside. When he was near on the door, he heard Sungjongs voice saying Wait! I should be the one to hold the cake!  And that's when everything sinks in on Howon's mind. He looked at the calendar that was hanged on the foyer and it hit him, it's his birthday today!

 

He stood frozen on the foyer when the door swung open.

 

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to you!" The members sing.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun was the first to enter the dorm, holding balloons followed by Myungsoo who was holding his camera filming the moment. And lastly, Sumgjong and Dongwoo who both holds the cake.

 

"Make a wish Hyung!" Sungjong chirped.

 

Howon, closed his eyes for a moment to make a wish then blew the candle.

 

"Happy Birthday, Howon~ah." Woohyun and Sunggyu said in unison.

 

"Say Hi to the cam Hyung! Happy Birthday Hyung!" Myungsoo said.

 

"Happy Birthday Howonnie." Dongwoo sweetly said.

 

"Hyung! Happy Birthday!" Sungjong said, flipping his bangs.

 

After that, they went to the kitchen to place and slice the cake when they noticed that someone was not there.

 

Sunggyu counted the members and his face formed a frown when he only count six.

 

"Where's Sungyeol!?" They said in unison.

 

Myungsoo then walks to the direction of their shared room when it suddenly opened.

 

It was Sungyeol who opened it, struggling because he was holding a banner with a lettering of:

 

Happy Born Day Howon Hyung!

 

When Sungyeol noticed that they were all looking at him, his mouth formed an 'oh'.

 

"You already surprised Howon hyung!? Oh my, I thought hyung is still sleeping because I just checked on him a while ago and he was still sleeping so that's why I hurriedly finished this to bring this outside for us to surprise him, but... but..." Sungyeol looked down, tears forming on his eyes because his surprise for his hyung failed.

 

Howon hurriedly walks to where Sungyeol is and hugged the younger. He was really touched by the choding's effort for his birthday.

 

"Hey, don't cry. Your surprise is not a failure. It's the best. And I really loved it." Howon whispered to Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol looked up to him and flashed his famous gummy smile.

 

"Really hyung!?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Yes, it's the best gift ever. Thank you so much." Howon said.

 

"Happy Birthday Hyung!" Sungyeol hugged him tightly and leaned to him causing for the both of them to fell on the floor and the others followed swiftly, to form a dog pile. Even though Howon suffered because all of the weight was on him, he didn't mind because this was the best birthday ever. 

 

 

 

 

 

an

I haven't proofread this. And also, this is just a word vomit I guess? So sorry, if this disappoints you. Anyways, please leave comments!