Prelogue

A game


"I don't know" he scoffed as he put out the cigarette as fast as he lit it. "All I know is that this is serious and I have no time to mess around" he says to me as he slithers boast him off the balcony back into our ty, rundown apartment in the poor part of Busan. Unsatisfied, I trailed after the older boy and attempted to testify, as he knew that he knew more than he was letting on. "Yongguk, I know you're full of , tell me what's going on". He stopped in his tracks. All of a sudden with anger in his eyes he cornered me with his hand on my throat. I swear to god he has the strength of a God. "Listen here you little , don't ever disrespect me, or I'll have to punish you" Yongguk's low and steady voice really came in handy when he's trying to be intimidating, but I'm used to it. So it didnt scare  me, but it made me feel something else. "Remember that, Jongup". Oh I will. He let go of my neck and continued to walk down the dirty, seemingly abandoned hall of our apartment. him. Literally. I catched my breath. It seems that lack of oxygen apparently heightens your senses. The creme coloured paint chipping down the walls like raindrops, the exposed rusting pipes squeaking like a thousand mice, the gloomy habging light taht seems to be the only one in the house, and just an overall gloomy sense. I guess your home really does express your personality. I took a breath to intake the rip smell of silence mixed with Copper. Well, not mine. The day went on as normal, but you will soon see, we are anything but normal.