Sora Wants to be A Big Sister?!

The Daily Life of Yamada Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On a certain afternoon, the bell had rang at an entire Elementary School on somewhere in Yokohama as a sign that school had been over for that day. The students of Grade 1-3 prepared themself to go home, it went the same for a cute little girl with big perfect round eyes and cheeks, Yamada Sora. Today she was really looking forward to this time, because her beloved mama could pick her up after some time. Having a busy parents surely make this kind of event very important for Sora. While humming an anime song, she went out to the corridor, heading to the locker room. After she put off her indoor shoes, she wore her outdoor ones in hurry. As the other kids passed her, she also ran towards the school main entrance. Then she stood there, seeing some other kids leaving the school with their friends and some were also still waiting to be picked up by their parents. Sora's eyes searched to every corner of school yard.

"Aah... Mama hasn't come yet..." sighed Sora when she couldn't find her mother figure around. Her disappointment became bigger as she saw other kids already hand-in-hand with their parents, ready to leave the school.

"Oi! Sora-chan!"

Suddenly Sora heard a boy voice calling her name. She turned to that voice direction, "Ah, Riku-kun... Going home?"

"Nope, not yet. I'm waiting for my neechan1. She's in 3rd grade and having a club activity..."

"Hee.. I didn't know that Riku-kun has an oneesan..."

"Well, she's very annoying, you know! She always pinches my cheeks hard!" Riku said it while he imitated his sister antics. Sora laughed hard, making Riku told other funny stories between him and his sister. Sora kept listening and laughing at Riku's stories until she heard a very familiar voice calling for her.

"Sora!"

"Mama! Ah Riku-kun, that’s my mom. See you tomorrow! "

"Yeah! Bye, Sora-chan! Huh, why is neechan taking so long?!" Riku grumbled but he blushed and waved back when Sora with a big smile was waving her hands to him as she run to her mother.

'As expected, Sora-chan is cute!'

 

---

 

On the way home, Riku's stories were replayed in Sora's mind. 'It seems so fun~' thought Sora. Then Sora took a look at her mother. Well, her mother also has a little sister, her Aunt Miyuu. And Sora also has Aunt Chihiro and Aunt Misaki, which are her father's sisters. Sora remembered how her aunties spoil her much, they're also very close with her parents. The siblings' interaction amused her a lot when the big family gathered. Then suddenly a thought floated on Sora's mind...

"Ne, mama..." Sora tugged her mother's hand which holding hers now and seeing to her mother's direction.

"Yes?" Sora's mother, Shida Mirai or officially Yamada Mirai for almost 8 years, seeing Sora's face while smiling.

"Etto... Ano ne... Sora..."

"What is it dear?"

Mirai then saw a big smile pasted on Sora's face, "Sora, ne... Wants to be an oneechan!"

Didn't expect the words from Sora's mouth, Mirai got a quite big shock. She couldn't help but asking the reason. Trying to keep her smile, the mama asked her daughter, "Eh? Why so sudden?"

"Ummm..." Sora was thinking for a while, making Mirai wondered in curiosity. "Because... Everyone is happy if they have siblings! Mama also an oneechan right? Aunt Miyuu's oneechan right? Mama is happy because of that right?"

The reason from Sora hit something inside Mirai's heart, but she still couldn't know why somehow it made her hurts. Didn't know how to react to it, she just smiled and replied shortly, "Ah... Souka2..."

 

 

Right after picking Sora up, they went to have an afternoon walk for a while. The mother and daughter were strolling around the supermarket, buying the ingredients for tonight's dinner.

"Mama? Why mama is picking up 3 boxes? Papa said tonight he will eat at outside right?" asked Sora.

"Ah, right.... Thank you for reminding mama..." Mirai putted back the last box of meat to its display.

"You're welcome mama!" Sora smiled, and her mama ruffled her hair playfully. But honestly at that time it was like Mirai's thought was not on her body. Sora's words of wanted to be a big sister haunted her mind. Even until the night came, those words still occupying the mother's mind.

".....ma? Mama?" again, for the nth time, Sora called for Mirai. This time with a worried tone. They were in the bathroom, Mirai was helping Sora to rinse the remaining bubbles of soap on her body.

"Oh... Ah... Yeah... It's done... There, clean your body with the towel. Then wear your pajama, it's on the usual place..."

"Yes, mama!"

"Go directly to your bedroom and keep your pajama clean, ok?"

"Aye mama!" Sora gave out her thumb to her mama.

After smiling to her daughter, Mirai closed the semi-transparent door of the shower room. She stared blankly to the water in the bathtub, then sighed.

"Maybe I need a long bath tonight..."

 

Not long after that, Sora's father, Yamada Ryosuke, just arrived home from a practice session at his jimusho3. He entered his home and gave a quiet "Tadaima4..." while he was taking off his shoes.

Unexpectedly, his voice could be heard through to the living room, making the owner of those little feet which now was producing clattering sounds ran toward his direction. His Sora spread both of her hand to hug her papa, "Papa! Okaeri5!"

Ryosuke who just stepped inside the living room caught the running Sora and held her into his arms then kissed her cheek, "Woah! Sora! Haven't slept yet?"

Sora giggled as she felt her papa lips on her cheek, "Sora is just about going to sleep now!" then kissed Ryosuke's cheek back.

"Erm... Good then... Ah, Sora, have you brushed your teeth?" Ryosuke brought Sora in his arms to sofa in living room, but suddenly he felt something unusual around him.

Sora gave Ryosuke a shiny smile of her lovely teeth, "Un6! I have!"

"That's papa's daughter!" he hugged Sora tight when he realized something, "Ah! Where's mama?"

No wonder Ryosuke felt something unusual before, he hadn't seen Mirai since he entered the house. Usually his wife would be on guard, not letting Sora dirtying her pajama even if it's just for hugging her father who was just arrived home.

"Ah, Mama is still taking a bath after helping Sora earlier"

"Oh, I see... There, go to your bedroom. Tomorrow Sora has school right?" Ryosuke patted his daughter's head.

"Un! Aye Papa!" Sora released her hug from Ryosuke and walked to her bedroom. But after few steps, Sora turned back to her father.

"Ne, papa..."

Ryosuke who was taking off his jacket, gave his attention back to Sora. "Yes?"

"Aunt Misaki.... She is papa's little sister right?"

"Aa, yes. Eh? Why?"

Sora shook her head, "Uun7... Nothing... But as expected... People will be happy if they have siblings..."

Puzzled expression pasted on Ryosuke's face, "Eh?"

"Aah... Sora wants to be a big sister too! Jya8, papa, oyasumi9!" said Sora before she skipped her steps to her bedroom.

"Eeee??" Ryosuke blinked his eyes for few times, still could not comprehend what Sora meant before. Trying to understand his little angel words, he made his brain to work harder than usual. As the clicked sound of closing door from Sora's bedroom  was heard, something also got clicked in Ryosuke's head. Mumbled to himself, he tried to relate his own theories, "Well, Sora wants to be a big sister, right? So, she needs a younger sibling... It means, a baby. A baby means pregnancy. Mirai gets pregnant. And... It means... We should make the baby!"

As if Ryosuke found a big discovery for a whole human being in this world, his eyes was full of a big determination.

"Yosh! In this case..." Ryosuke moved from the living room, took care of his belongings from the practice so his wife didn't need to clean them for him anymore. With that Ryosuke hoped he could directly make his move. Then when he passed their bedroom, a bulb of idea appeared in his mind. Entered the bedroom, he went directly to where the wardrobe is. He opened it, searching for something. After few minutes, he smirked naughtily. Right, on his hand now there was a pure white lingerie, simple yet y. He closed the wardrobe back, taking it with him. Later he put it between pile of pajama which Mirai would wear that night.

Felt all of his preparation had done, Ryosuke took his steps back to the living room. He sat back to the sofa, waiting for his wife, but he found himself couldn't sat straight for minutes. It had been ages since he had a reason to make their blood boils again. Not like the couple didn't have a healthy relationship, but the works' schedule somehow already tired them up. So he walked aimlessly around, until he passed the door toward the bathroom area. He stopped right there, and once more a naughty smirk bloomed on his face.

"If we took a bath together... it won’t be bad, right?" yeah, such a sly idea popped out in Ryosuke's mind. His right hand ready to turn the knob, but...

"Oi! What if Ii-chan got angry?!You'll regret she won't let you to do anything!" another voice of himself rang in his own mind.

"Ah, she won't be angry..."

"You know your own wife better right? She has many rules in her life!"

 "Errr... Well… That's... right..."

"You want to give Sora a sibling, don't you? So be patient!"

"Ermmm... alright..."

Thus Ryosuke ended the battle of two sides of himself in his own mind. With a little disappointment, he slid down to sit in front of the bathroom door. He waited for a minute, 10 minutes... 25 minutes... 40 minutes had passed, though?!

He mumbled to himself, "Ii-chan never took such a long bath..." and with his brilliant skill of playing as detective roles for years, he tried to count how long Mirai already in the bath. Well, when he arrived home, it was 9.43 PM, which usually Mirai already finished tucking Sora at bed at 9 right after taking a bath. But tonight Sora was still waiting on the living room which is mean her mom hadn't gotten out for 43 minutes! Then after he did this and that... It's almost one and a half hour, for Kami-sama's10 sake!

"Masaka11?!"

By then, Ryosuke stood up and faced the door. He knocked it for multiple times. But there was no answer. Confused, he tried once more and louder, also tried to call Mirai, "Iichan??" Still. No response.

"Ii! Iichaaaan! Are you there?!" he kept knocking and calling again. No one response.

"MOOOOOOMMMMMYY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter