Final

D-Day!

 

Rowoon never imagined this day would come. He knew that it could happen in his lifetime, but never did he see the day in his near future.

Of course, he wasn't the only one excited. The rest of his group mates were just as happy as he was, more so the person that lit his world on the darkest of days, Taeyang. Taeyang had become Rowoon's pillar, the one person who could keep him happy and safe.

It was no secret amongst the group members that the two were an item. Even before the two let the rest know that they were official, suspicion was in the air.

The time Inseong had come to the dorm late from practice and Rowoon had stayed up to make sure the guy ate something. Taeyang had gotten up to the bathroom and witness a very intimate scene in the kitchen, one shared between Rowoon and Inseong. The next morning during breakfast, Taeyang confronted Rowoon about it, and luckily Inseong explained to Taeyang that Rowoon was simply feeding him, Inseong too exhausted to be able to hold utensils.

Later that day Rowoon took Taeyang out for a snack and the two returned to the dorm, hand in hand.

No one asked questions when they saw Rowoon and Taeyang enter the dorm holding hands. Some whistled at the two which only made them shy away from each other releasing their tight hold.

“I see why you two hang out so much,” Dawon commented from his seat on the love chair. Inseong who was opposite of him grabbed one of the pillows he was using as support and threw it at Dawon.

“Shouldn't you be cleaning up?” Inseong reminded him. Dawon rolled his eyes and got up to leave. Taeyang’s gaze followed Dawon as he disappeared into the bathroom. His eyes then turned to Inseong.

“What?” Inseong said after a second of staring at Taeyang.

“Nothing,” Taeyang said moving away from the door, heading towards his room.

“Just cuz you guys are dating doesn't mean you get to bang in my room,” Hwiyoung said from the floor; he was playing a videogame but hadn't failed to miss anything. Youngbin who was within reach smacked him at the back of his head.

 

Rowoon blushed at the comment and quickly followed Taeyang.

“Anyone else surprised by them?” Jaeyoon asked when he noted the door to Taeyang's room was closed.

“Seriously?” Inseong asked a bit annoyed. Jaeyoon looked at him confused. Inseong laughed, that guy was helpless.

 

As it was Taeyang and Rowoon respected everyone and their personal space when it came to them being a little extra.

Their limit was making out on each other's beds but it involved little to no grinding. After all, they were constantly surrounded by other people and it made it a bit awkward even if they did try.

Their relationship got stronger over the next months. Rowoon and Taeyang, besides being a couple, were best friends, after all, that is how their relationship had blossomed to begin with. The both of them loved to dance and sing, they were born to be performers. Destined to be together.

-:-

It was over the next weeks that they were told the news, what they had been training so hard for, D-Day; they could finally write it on every calendar they could get their hands on.

“Can you believe this is actually happening?” Taeyang said the night of the news; he was laying on Rowoon's bed while the latter was sitting on a chair at the foot of the bed giving Taeyang a foot massage.

“I can't believe it either,” Rowoon said focusing on applying the right amount of pressure to relax Taeyang's overworked feet. The guy had pushed himself too hard. “I hope we're ready.”

“Yeah,” Taeyang said staring at the ceiling. Was he really ready, he thought. Were the others ready or were they as nervous as he felt.

“What's on your mind?” Rowoon asked, his massage coming to an end.

Taeyang rose to a sitting position and looked at his boyfriend, “you think we’ll make it?”

Rowoon thought of the question for a second. “You mean us? You think I'll start looking at other boys after we debut?”

“No you idiot,” Taeyang said smiling and throwing himself back down. There was no question in his mind that he and Rowoon were forever. No doubt whatsoever on that part. “I mean the group.”

“Well I'm sure everyone has their doubts at one point right. We fight, yes, but at the end of the day, we are all brothers. I'd like to say that we've been through too much together to let anything small like jealousy disrupt it,” Rowoon said looking over at Taeyang.

“Excuse me,” Taeyang said rising once again. “You mean to say that I’m jealous?”

“Aren’t you though,” Rowoon teased the other, grabbing at Taeyang’s feet and pulling him down the bed towards himself. Taeyang grabbed at the bed sheets for support but only managed to bring them along with him. “I am jealous,” Rowoon said when Taeyang was right in front of his face.

“Wouldn’t want it any other way,” Taeyang said leaning in closer and kissing him gently. Taeyang’s lips formed into a smile and Rowoon kissed him back.

The door to the room opened wide and in walked Hwiyoung, causing Taeyang to scoot up the bed away from Rowoon. “Sorry,” Hwiyoung said observing the situation. “Did I interrupt something?”

“No!” said both Rowoon and Taeyang. Hwiyoung noticed the state of the bed, sheets pulled all over.

“Right,” Hwiyoung said smiling to himself. “I’ll just get something real quick, then you two can get back to what you were doing.”

Rowoon and Taeyang both laughed at that comment. They should probably lock the door next time.

-:-

“Jaeyoon! Get it together, you're ing it all up!” Youngbin yelled at his group mate. He walked over to the sound system and turned it off. Everyone was tired, sweat dripping down every one of them.

“Youngbin give it a rest, he’s just tired,” Inseong said.

“We’re all tired Inseong, yet he seems to be the only one getting it wrong,” Youngbin shot back.

“I'm sorry,” Jaeyoon apologized with a bow.

“Do it again,” Youngbin ordered turning the music on again. Jaeyoon got into position and began dancing the new choreography they had started working the day before. “To the beat,” Youngbin said analyzing Jaeyoon’s footing. Jaeyoon tried focusing on the dance, trying his best to match his moves with the music. “Are you tone deaf!” Youngbin yelled again, stopping the music once more.

“Dude, chill,” said Inseong moving over to hand Jaeyoon a towel and a water bottle. “You're not exactly making this easy on him you know,” Inseong told Youngbin.

“You want me to chill when we're two days away from debut,” Youngbin said, “is that what you guys think?”

“I think we need to rest,” Rowoon said, “we can pick this up in the morning when everyone has rested.”

Youngbin looked at his other members, they all seemed to be reaching their limit. “Fine, but he stays one more hour.” Youngbin pointed at Jaeyoon who was on the floor still catching his breath.

“He hardly knows the choreography and you want him to stay practicing, what's that going to do?” Inseong said defending .

“I'll stay and help him out,” Taeyang said. Youngbin and Inseong looked at him. “I know the choreography already, I'm sure I can teach it right to him.”

“Taeyang,” Rowoon whispered.

“I'm fine,” Taeyang whispered back.

“You look just as tired as us, don't do this,” Rowoon said. Taeyang smiled at his boyfriend, it was nice to see that Rowoon was always thinking about Taeyang's well-being.

“I'll be home in an hour,” Taeyang said through a smile.

“Ok, everyone else let's go,” Youngbin ordered.

The rest of the guys grabbed the belongings and began walking out the door. Inseong grabbed his bag and went back to Jaeyoon.

“Here,” Inseong said stretching out his hand to Jaeyoon, the latter looked up.

“Your towel,” Jaeyoon said taking the fabric piece from Inseong’s hand.

“My lucky towel, it's yours now. So it can bring you luck.”

“Thanks,” Jaeyoon said getting to his feet.

“See you guys,” Inseong waved goodbye before he too walked out the door, leaving Jaeyoon alone with the love birds.

“Rowoon go, I'll be fine,” Taeyang said looking up at his boyfriend. Rowoon was moving Taeyang’s hair out of his eyes, the eyes he loved to look into every day.

“Fine, I'll leave, but promise me you won't overdo it.”

“Do you know the guy,” Jaeyoon said from the side. Rowoon eyed Jaeyoon for a second and he looked away embarrassed.

Taeyang laughed at that. “Promise.”

Rowoon hugged him tight for a minute and then moved to get this things, “see you guys later,” he said by the door. Taeyang smiled at him and waved goodbye. As soon as the door closed, Taeyang’s face dropped the facade, and he let the pain morph his visage.

-:-

“Taeyang,” came Rowoon's voice in a whisper. “Time to get up.” Rowoon massaged Taeyang's head, ruffling his bed hair even more. Taeyang made what Rowoon could describe only as cat noises, a purr, right before he hid under his bed covers; Taeyang was exhausted and wanted, no, he need to rest a bit longer.

“Five more minutes,” Taeyang begged. Rowoon looked down a his boyfriend, the guy had probably slept only three hours. Rowoon moved over to the bottom on the bed, he reached under the covers and found Taeyang's feet. He grabbed at the fingers and pulled, instantly cracking them in place. “Uhmm, that feels nice,” Taeyang said still under cover.

Rowoon finished cracking all his fingers and started massaging his feet. “You overdid it.” Rowoon noticed how swollen Taeyang's feet were. “I can tell the guys that you'll be late if you want to rest for an hour or so.”

Taeyang was really enjoying his foot massage, he could also use more sleep. “I'll be fine,” Taeyang came out of his bed covers, then he sat up. “Thanks for worrying,” Taeyang said observing Rowoon's fingers moved around the sole of his feet. He gave Rowoon a bright smile.

“That's my job, to worry about my boyfriend,” Rowoon said teasingly.

“What have I done?” Taeyang said pulling his feet from Rowoon's grip and then kicking him away. Rowoon caught Taeyang's foot right before it retracted and he used all his strength to pull the guy all the way down to the edge of the bed. “No! My bed.”

Rowoon laughed, “I'll make your bed, you go eat something.” Taeyang began moving out of bed. “Wait, did you shower last night?”

Taeyang turned to look at Rowoon, he lifted his shirt at the collar to sniff, his skin was momentarily exposed and it sent Rowoon a heat wave.

“I think I might need another shower, care to join me?” Taeyang said teasingly, grabbing at the end of his shirt and sliding it up slowly, his skin exposing ever more.

Rowoon stared at Taeyang, his gaze so alluring. It was making him feel... not in control. “Go eat or we'll be late,” Rowoon shot back. He grabbed the bed cover and pulled it off the bed, bringing it closer to his body, in particular, his lower half. Taeyang laughed and exited the room. Rowoon took a deep breath and tried to picture other things that didn’t involve his very attractive boyfriend.

-:-

Rowoon and Taeyang got to practice in just a few minutes and saw that everyone was already stretching, preparing their bodies for the day that they were about to have. For they only had the day and the one after before their lives changed for the rest of time.

Midday came fast and all the guys took a break to eat and rest for a while. Rowoon and Taeyang decided to go out and eat something together, have a moment alone with one another.

They were walking, side by side, no one saying anything in particular, the both just enjoying their moment of peace with the commotion of the other members. Rowoon spotted a street vendor selling a variety of items, some which included stuff animals.

“Taeyang,” Rowoon called attention to the small stand. Taeyang looked over and smiled, as they made their way over.

“Welcome gentlemen,” the older guy said. “What can I get for you today?” Rowoon was looking around, while Taeyang made small conversation with him.

“How much is this one?” Rowoon said pulling a small stuffed plushy; it looked like Kon from Bleach, Rowoon thought.

“That one, it's twenty, but I’ll give it to you for just fifteen,” the old man said. Rowoon smiled and handed him the money. Rowoon and Taeyang said their thanks to him and kept walking, heading back to practice.

“Here,” Rowoon said when he and Taeyang were crossing through a park. Taeyang looked over and saw Rowoon handing him the plushy he had bought back at the stand.

“For me?” Taeyang said with a smile, taking the little sun out of Rowoon’s hands. Taeyang stared at it for a second and smiled, bringing it closer to himself and hugging it tight.

“After tomorrow things will be different, but as long as you have that I’ll know that you will always want me as much as I want you,” Rowoon said, his cheeks blushing a bit.

Taeyang stared at the plushy and squeezed hard, then he faced Rowoon. “I love you, you know that right?” Taeyang smiled, trying his best to hide his blushing face. “I can’t possibly imagine doing this without you. I know things are going to change tomorrow and we might not be the same for a while, but know that no matter what, I will always love you, no matter what.”

Rowoon felt his eyes tearing, for he felt exactly the same about Taeyang and it was nice hearing it one more time, one last time before days end. “I love you too,” Rowoon said pulling Taeyang into a hug.

-:-

The day was finally here.

The morning started with all the guys waking up, jitters, nervousness, and excitement all clustered together. If that didn’t kill them by midday then they were more than ready to take that stage at 3 PM and show the world what they had been training for their entire life.

“Remember, on three, we bow and introduce ourselves,” Youngbin said as they practiced their greetings to the public. “Don’t be nervous,” he finished.

Everyone was counting down the minutes till the hour. Rowoon was nervous, more than he thought possible. Taeyang on the other hand was busying himself  going over the dance.

“You okay?” Rowoon asked looking at Taeyang. Taeyang stopped dancing at looked at Rowoon through the mirror walls.

“I’m great, a little nervous but good. You?” Taeyang asked.

Rowoon looked away from him, his stomach was not feeling too well, his nervousness was getting to be a bit too much. “If I’m honest, I feel like crap. Look.” Rowoon held his hands out and they began to tremble.

Taeyang walked over and held Rowoon’s hands in his, calming the trembles. “Better?” Taeyang asked. Rowoon closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“It’s okay to be nervous you know,” Taeyang said. He looked around to the rest of the guys who all seemed just as nervous, trying to busy themselves with something to not think about just how close they were.

“Guys,” Youngbin called and Rowoon and Taeyang walked over towards him, everyone was in a circle around him. “I’ve been told that it’s time to hit the shower, they want us to head over to dressing and makeup when we’re done. From there we head over to record our first show.”

“I’m ready,” Hwiyoung said trying his best to beat the nerves away. “I’ll go shower and drown these damn nerves.”

“Alright then, everyone knows the schedule, lets meet up later and go out for a drink, celebrate our debut,” Youngbin said before he went out of the practice room.  

Slowly the rest of the guys left leaving just Rowoon and Taeyang along with Inseong and Jaeyoon, who was putting some last minute practice in.

“Jaeyoon, we should go,” Inseong said stopping half way through a move. Jaeyoon stopped for a second, looking around the room and seeing that it was down to four people.

“Jaeyoon, I think your turns improved a lot,” Rowoon said. Jaeyoon smiled at the comment.

“It was all thanks to Taeyang,” Jaeyoon said, he thought me the best way to spin. Taeyang gave him a smile and Inseong watched the exchange and nodded in agreement.

“Guys, I think we should start heading out, it’s almost time,” Inseong said, his voice cracking slightly. Damn nerves!

“Come I know something that can help you out with those nerves,” Rowoon said walking over to Inseong, putting his arm around Inseong’s shoulder and guiding him towards the door. “You guys coming?” Rowoon said by the door, waiting to see if Taeyang and Jaeyoon were coming.

“You guys go ahead, I have one more thing to teach Jaeyoon,” Taeyang said. Jaeyoon looked scared, was Taeyang expecting him to learn something in just a few minutes.

Rowoon stared into Taeyang’s eyes, those big eyes that could only ever see him in return. He smiled and pulled Inseong along with him.

“Don’t stress him out Taeyang, got that!” Inseong screamed as Rowoon pulled him out of the room.

-:-

Rowoon sat on his chair, eyes closed, earphones playing music into his ears, drowning the noise outside. He had been waiting his turn for makeup, some of s gone ahead of him already, yet he hadn’t seen them all yet, especially Taeyang who Rowoon hadn’t heard of since he and Inseong left him and Jaeyoon back at the practice room.

Rowoon’s turn was finally up. He knew when he felt hands on his face, it had startled him at first, but then he got back to the music, letting the artist work on him as he focused on the lyrics and the choreography that accompanied it; Taeyang’s part was up next and Rowoon’s heart skipped a beat at he heard that voice. The same voice he heard everyday first thing in the morning and last before going to bed.

Taeyang really had a beautiful voice, one that Rowoon found angelic. It was probably Taeyang himself that was the angel but Rowoon didn’t know that. His world had become Taeyang himself.

Rowoon was now sitting in the waiting room, he was not alone but at the same time he felt like he was for Taeyang was still not there. There were was only an hour left before show time and Rowoon was starting to get anxious not knowing where he was.

“Rowoon, there you are,” Inseong called as he entered the room with some of the other guys. Rowoon pulled his earphones out.

“I was told to wait here,” Rowoon said.

“So were we,” Inseong said.

“Have you seen Taeyang anywhere?” Rowoon asked.

“No, and Jaeyoon is nowhere to be seen either,” Inseong checked his phone. “I’ve been calling but no answer.”

“Yeah,” Rowoon said getting a bad feeling. He could feel it in the pit of his stomach but he could be overthinking it. Nerves could do that to someone.

“I’m sure they’re on their way, maybe Taeyang wanted Jaeyoon to get something down last minute and we both know how clumsy that kid can be.”

Rowoon half-heartedly laughed at that. He grabbed his earphones and put them back in, replaying Taeyang’s part once more because he needed to listen to his voice, the only thing that could keep him calm.

“Rowoon. Wake up.” Rowoon opened his eyes, trying to see where he was for Rowoon knew that voice.

“Taeyang, where are you?” Rowoon called looking around the room.

“Rowoon,” Taeyang called from the TV hanging at one corner of the room. “I’m here,” Taeyang smiled when Rowoon finally spotted him. “I’m on TV.”

Rowoon got up and walked to the TV, he smiled at the sight of Taeyang. “How did you get in there?”

Taeyang’s smile falter for a second, but just a quick it was up. However, Rowoon had not missed it, not this time. “Taeyang, what's wrong?”

“Nothing,” Taeyang said, a tear falling down his face. Rowoon was now in panic mode. Why was Taeyang crying and more importantly, where was he?

“Taeyang, please,” Rowoon said then he watched at the camera panned down, revealing the plushy Rowoon had gifted Taeyang.

“I love you, forever.”

Rowoon heard the words and he watched as the camera panned out, revealing what seemed to be a car accident. Rowoon watched in confusion for he knew that car. He had been in it himself many times before, but more importantly, he knew that plushy, that torn plushy, lying just outside the car.

“Rowoon!” Rowoon felt his world shake and he came to. Inseong was standing in front of him, face tear-stricken. “Rowoon, please wake up!” Inseong shook Rowoon harder this time. “Rowoon…” Inseong crumbled to the floor. Rowoon watched him drop, his own eyes accumulating tears.

Rowoon looked down at Inseong who was on his knees, head bowed, then he faced the TV he had seen in his dream, no, his nightmare. The TV was still playing, showing the aftermath of a car crash. One confirmed death so far, three in critical condition.

Rowoon faced down towards Inseong, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He unlocked it and as soon as he did he saw a name appear on the screen. ‘Taeyang.’ Rowoon froze for a minute, then he answered it.

“Taeyang?” Rowoon said into the receiver. Rowoon could hear the crying more than he could understand the words that accompanied them.

“Jaeyoon and him… he’s gone… God!... I’m sorry…”

Rowoon’s hand dropped to his side. The tears coming out like cascades, his soul was drowning.

“We are sorry to inform you that due to a tragic event, today's debut group will not be performing.”

-:-

Rowoon awoke to his phone ringing. He his side and stared at the buzzing phone on his nightstand. He ignored it as we looked up to the ceiling. The sun was piercing through the thick curtains, trying its hardest to illuminate the room.

Rowoon turned to the window. “Good morning,” he said as a sole ray went through and touched his skin. Rowoon kept still feeling the heat warm his face. Then the ray shifted position and Rowoon was left in darkness once more. A tear rolled down his face, for today was another year, the anniversary since…

Rowoon his bed, facing the plushy, the same one he had given Taeyang so many years ago. It sat undisturbed at a corner of his room.  A constant reminder that as long as he had that Taeyang would be his forever, and he too would be Taeyang’s, until the day they met again.

Until that day, Rowoon would continue the same way he had for the past few years, living day by day, locked away in his house; not letting anyone inside his heart for he only had enough heart left continue himself. The rest was taken by Taeyang.  



A/N: Let me know what you think... I LOVE reading comments because they make me feel awesome and inspire me to write more @