last but not least

Don't Be An Idiot, Just Say It Already

The bell rang for the next class and Seulgi had been forcefully stopped by her best friend, Wendy from staring at the Student Council's president, Bae Joohyun.

"Ah Wendy! What'd you do that for?!" Seulgi said in annoyance after the latter had hit her head with quite some strength.

"We were going to be late for class, if you kept on gawking at your beloved girlfriend."

"She isn't my girlfriend! I was just admiring her beauty from afar." 

A scoff came from her best friend.

"Whatever you say, Kang."

----

A few weeks after, Wendy was getting tired of her friend dragging her around to do the most stupid things, like waiting around for someone after school when they won't even acknowledge your presence, or going to the library just to blatantly stare instead of reading. One time, she had gotten sick while waiting around for her friend's girlfriend to finish her classes. 

Ah Wendy, this is what bestfriends are for, right?

Seulgi would say with a lovesick smile, and she couldn't find the heart to argue back.

Tired of seeing her friend in this state, Wendy had told her to confess already. Seulgi, of course, like any person immediately denied saying that the latter would definitely reject her feelings.

"You'll never know unless you try, Seulgi." Wendy had been telling Seulgi this for days and days, with some other words of encouragement, like 'I'm sure that she likes you too' or 'Who would say no to a cutie like you' or maybe 'You're hot, who wouldn't date you',(well, maybe the last one Wendy would keep to herself) and finally had convinced Seulgi to express the strong affection she had towards their senior.

----
 

Seulgi exhaled sharply as she stood in front of the Student Council's office. Obviously nervous, as this was the first time she was confessing to someone. For Seulgi, it had always been someone confessing to her.

Here goes nothing,

She thought while entering the room and preparing to bash Wendy if her plan goes wrong.

She had spotted Joohyun working by her table and approached the latter. Noticing this, Joohyun had stood up and greeted her.

"Seulgi, what brings you here?"

"Ah, sunbaemin, I- I wanted to talk to you privately, if you don't mind." Seulgi mentally thanked the gods as she didn't stutter more than once.

"Sure, let's go to the rooftop." Joohyun had led the way for Seulgi to follow.

Just when they were approaching the stairs, a voice had called out for Joohyun.

"Joohyun sunbae! Wait there!" The boy who Seulgi identified as Park Jaerim shouted while running towards them."Something's come up and the council is expecting you to deal with it." Jaerim had said, but Seulgi couldn't bring herself to believe him."Oh, is that so? Give me a moment and I'll be there."

But the boy was on insistent on dragging Joohyun away, leaving the said girl to flash a small smile at Seulgi. Out of curiosity,(definitely not jealousy) Seulgi had followed the two of them to an empty classroom. Being only human, she couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Sunbae, sorry to interrupt you so suddenly, but there's actually something I want to say to you."

"Please don't be a confession, Please don't be a confession.." Seulgi chanted inwardly.

"I've been liking you for quite sometime now..and I was wondering if you felt the same..?"...."Great."

Not bearing to hear anymore, Seulgi ran away from the classroom while plotting her best friend's demise.

----
 

News of Park Jaerim crying alone in the auditorium spread across the campus like wildfire. Apparently he had gotten rejected by Joohyun awhile after Seulgi stormed off. Unfortunately, for Wendy, the news couldn't arrive fast enough and she sealed herself into a year long contract of doing virtually everything for her best friend.

"Seulgi, why can't you eavesdrop like a normal person and wait until their conversation was over?!" Wendy whined while doing Seulgi's calculus homework.

"Well, I didn't expect that Joohyun would reject him! He's literally the college's model, even you can't help swooning over him,"

"I guess you're right. Anyways, do you still plan on confessing to her?"

"Oh yes, just wait and see." Seulgi had said with a smirk and Wendy was starting to doubt her friend. 

----

Today was Joohyun's birthday, and Seulgi thought it would be better to confess to the girl anonymously, through a heart felt letter with a bit cheesy poem she wrote by herself.

"Oh Seulgi, this poem is beautiful!" Wendy had told her in a completely honest tone but Seulgi felt that this poem would cheese her way into Joohyun's heart.

And so, she found herself standing infront of Joohyun's locker with a purple letter in her hands. After making sure no one was looking at her, just as she was going to place the letter in her locker, a voice had made her halt her actions.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" A tall guy called Bogum had asked, and Seulgi had already known that this guy had a die hard crush on Joohyun.

"Oh, Joohyun had asked me to write down a list of some...uh...things and asked me to place it in her locker!" Seulgi had ended with an awkward laugh and hoped her shaky breath didn't give her away.

"Really?  I'm the Vice President of the council, so why don't you give it to me?" Bogum said, clearly not believing her.

"Ah...well...the thing is that Joohyun-" Seulgi had been cut off abruptly when Bogum snatched the letter from her hands.

Thanking god for being able to jump well, she took her letter back and tore it into pieces infront of Bogum's eyes.

"I guess I can write another list, right?"

Bogum unimpressed by her words just turned and walked away from the girl. She let out a sigh of relief, but the relief didn't last long as Bogum yelled,

"Kang Seulgi, attending detention for being late to class!"

----

The third time Seulgi was debating on when to confess, Joohyun herself had come up to Seulgi during the lunch break telling her that she had something to say to the younger girl after class.

This time they were in the Student Council's office, with the room being extremely silent that Seulgi could even hear her heartbeat in her ears. Maybe that was because of Joohyun, she thought when she noticed that the President was looking at her for quite sometime now.

"Uh, sunbae, you said you wanted to tell me something...?" Seulgi said while looking everywhere instead of her sunbae.

Joohyun just chuckled and said,"You don't have to be so formal around me, Seulgi. You can call me unnie."

And with the mention of the word unnie, someone came shouting into the room.

"Joohyun unnie! Yerim locked herself in the car and she can't get out! Come and help me!" The tall girl said while wildly flailing around.

"Are you sure that you didn't lock her in the car, Joy?"

The said girl let out a exaggerated gasp while claiming that she was a child of god and would never do such things. Joohyun had countered that she was sure that Joy was the spawn of Satan itself while muttering something about mad chickens.

Just as Joy was going to respond, Seulgi interrupted,"Excuse me, Joohyun...unnie, should I get going?"She tried her best to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Seulgi, please forgive me, maybe we can talk some other time?" Joohyun said with an apologetic voice and Seulgi could only nod in response.

After Joy had dragged Joohyun away, Seulgi was exiting the school and she swore she heard some maniacal laughter followed by wincing, in pain, she assumed.

----

The following days were causing a lot of frustration for Seulgi because each time she wanted to talk to Joohyun or Joohyun wanted to talk to her, there always seemed to be an obstacle for them.

One time, the student who Seulgi recalled as Joy and some other shorter girl she assumed as Yeri had burst between their conversation(which didn't even start,) and started dancing while doing some cringeworthy aegyo. Apparently, they wanted to spend time with their beloved unnie and pushed her out of the door before she could even react.

Another interruption was when a professor had come up to Seulgi and told her that she was close to failing her classes and needed to do extra credit,(well, Seulgi was glad Mr. Kim had taken her away, otherwise she would die of embarassment infront of her crush) and each time a new disturbance arrived, it only reinforced Seulgi's will to confess.

She was pretty sure by now, that she could tell Joohyun her feelings without the shaky voice or stuttering. So Seulgi had decided the perfect place to confess where they would face no crazy dongsaengs, or jealous sunbaes.

----

Joohyun was waiting for Seulgi at the college's art classroom, and she noticed that the class was really barren, as if nobody came here for a long time.

She saw a blue notebook on a desk, and slowly decided to open it. The book was Seulgi's, and when she wanted to read further, she was stopped by none other than the Kang herself.

"Oh unnie, were you waiting long? Mr. Kim made me stay back for some work." she said while slightly panting.

Joohyun zoned out for a bit, while staring at Seulgi but then replied,"Ah, no, I just arrived a few minutes back. You said you wanted to say something to me?"  

"Yeah," Seulgi looked up as she released a huff of air, "I'm going to be direct with you unnie. I've been liking you for quite sometime now, and I've been wanting to say since a few weeks ago. I love the way you laugh, when you give your full attention to someone speaking to you, when you can be serious but playful at the same time, and so many more things, I might even l-"

Seulgi was cutoff by the loud ringing of her phone, and she swore that she was going to kill that person. She flashed a small smile at Joohyun, and turned around to start whisper-shouting at that person.

"Who is it?!"

"Seulgi, it's me, your only friend. I was wondering if red glasses suit me or black ones? I personally think red ones would bu-"

"Wendy, I swear I will make your life a living hell." Seulgi growled and ended the call.

"Now, where was I?"

Instead of getting an answer, she felt a pair of soft lips against her own, and even though the kiss was brief, Seulgi felt she was on cloud nine.

"These interruptions are getting a bit annoying, don't you think?"

And just like Joohyun, instead of answering, she pulled her in for another kiss, a bit deeper and more passionate this time.

It seems as if Seulgi wasn't the only one who hated getting interrupted.


Interruptions are very annoying, don't you think?