Final

Guns and Coffee dates

“Are you sure it’s fine? You don’t need to tell them anything beforehand?”

Shrugs. “I guess I need to, but for now. Nahh... I just don’t want to. I’ll just explain it to him tomorrow.” He picked a random black shirt from his drawers. "Does this look fine on me?” he raised the shirt up high on his body.

His younger brother sigh. “Hyung, it’s the same as what you are wearing. Choose something else.” Zipping his brown bag, Seokmin plop on the already made bed.

“Hey!”

Ignoring his brother, he lay flat on his back. “Jihoon hyung, do you think something will happen today?”

Jihoon put the shirt back, didn’t even bother to fold it properly before throwing a grey oversized hoodie over his head. “What will happen? We’re just going back to college. Nothing could happen.” He took out another hoodie, but in bright red colour. His aunt gave it on his birthday last year, and he never bothered to wear until now. Lazily folding the hoodie, he shoved it inside his bag along with his other things. Laptop, notebook and two pen.

“Soonyoung hyung called me. Seems like another team is at Seoul. What if we bump into them?”

“We met different people every day. So what if we accidentally met another group. It’s not like we need to challenge them. And it doesn’t mean that they will challenge us too. Seungkwan is not even here.”

Seokmin sat up. “They already took over Daegu. Suga hyung’s team lost last week. And they were the strongest too.”

Jihoon blinks. “Suga hyung didn’t tell me when I called his yesterday.”

He rolled his eyes. “Hyung, it’s all over the net. And a bunch of people already sent us some message, asking us to defeat that team. Didn’t you know?”

He bit the inside of his cheek. “I don’t usually check the news. And I’ve been busy with Ailee noona’s new album.”

Seokmin groans. “Hyung-” he got cut off with a phone call. Tapping on his watch, he put his earpiece on. “Hello, DK speaking.”

He frowns a bit. “Jihoon hyung? Wait, I’ll connect you to him.” He motions Jihoon to put his earpiece. “I guess he didn’t turn his phones on today, or yesterday.”

Jihoon took his already forgotten earpiece in his pocket. Tapping on his watch, he accepts the connection from Seokmin. “Hel-” he didn’t even manage to finish his greeting as Seungkwan’s loud voice burst through his ears.

“HYUNG!! WHY DIDN’T YOU ANSWER MY CALL!! I’VE BEEN CALLING FOR THE PAST 10 MINUTES!”

He frantically took his earpiece off. He can see that Seokmin done the exact same things. “Bloody hell. Chill down, Seungkwan.” He slowly put it back. “Speak slowly will you. I still need my ears, thank you.”

“Whatever, hyung. You need to come back here soon.”

He raised his eyebrow, sending Seokmin a questioning look. The younger shrugs. “Back where?”

Seokmin could definitely see Seungkwan rolling his eyes as he said this. “Seoul. Where else.”

“Aren’t you like, at Jeju right now?” Seokmin in.

“No. I’m already back in Seoul.”

Jihoon turned his attention back to his bag, already done packing. “That aside, why did you call us?”

The line went quiet for a second.

“Seungkwan?”

”Hyung, promise me you won’t get mad okay.”

“What is it?”

“IaccidentallyacceptachallengefromTheUnit.”

Jihoon sigh. “I know that you’ve practicing you rapping, but speak slowly. I couldn’t understand you at all.”

“I accidentally accept a challenge from The Unit, and the match took place this evening.”

Seokmin’s eyes widened at this. “Did you said The Unit? That’s the group that wipe Suga hyung’s group!”

The older boy face palm. “Seungkwan, how many times do I have to remind you. Don’t accept any challenge just cause you got provoked.”

“I know. But this one guy kept on getting on my nerves. And he insulted my ENGLISH! Saying that my English is so low quality and all that. Urghh!! I just can’t stand him.”

Jihoon rubs his temple. “Okay, I get it. Just call Josh hyung and Jeonghan hyung. Tell them to get ready. I’ll get there as fast as I can. Just calm down.”

“Okay, hyung.”

And the call ended.

He took his red earpiece off and put it back inside his pocket. Sighing, he pick his bag off the floor. Glancing at his watch, he took his shoes out. “We can still catch the 9 am bus if we hurry. Let’s go.”

Seokmin got up from the bed. “Is this okay, hyung? You haven’t rest at all yesterday. And you just got home this morning. Are you going to be alright?” a worried expression on his face.

The older just smile. “I’ll be fine. It’s not like this kind of things never happened before. Come on, or else we’ll miss the bus.”

 

---

Jihoon sway a bit when he got off the bus, and thank god Seokmin didn’t notice. Else that worrywart would definitely won’t allow him to participate.

He’s the leader, of course he had to participate. Even if that means skipping his sleep or his meal. Speaking of meal, he didn’t eat anything since last morning. And the heat definitely didn’t help. Jihoon just hope that he can still survive till the end of their match.

Walking slowly behind Seokmin, he put his earpiece on, searching for some information on The Unit.

Leader: Unknown.

Ace: Unknown.

Number of members: 4.

Origin: Unknown.

They wore mask on every match. And the leader only use revolver.

Revolver? Just like mine.

Incheon, Daejeon, Gwangju Anyang, Changwon, Ulsan , Daegu, and Iksan. All leaders got defeated. They are aiming for Busan and Seoul, which is currently under the VoCa group.

Jihoon’s eyebrow furrowed at this. “Hey, Seokmin. Did you know that they were aiming for our area?”

Seokmin turn around, facing his slightly shorter hyung. “What?”

“The Unit. They wanna take over Busan and Seoul. Are they really that desperate for power? They already took over half of South Korea.”

“I’ll tell you everything I know. But for now, let’s just head to Jeonghan hyung’s apartment. Do you wanna buy something first?” Seokmin pointed his thumb towards the grocery shop.

Jihoon just shook his head. “Nope. I need to know it. The earlier, the better.”

 

Another 10 minutes of walking, they arrive at Jeonghan’s apartment. He’s rich enough to own a three rooms apartment at the middle of Seoul. Bless him.

Jihoon drop his bag not so gently on the couch before taking a seat at the one seater couch. “Where’s Seungkwan?”

“Here.” The Jeju boy waltz out from his room, and took his seat beside Seokmin. The usual arrangement. Jisoo and Jeonghan sat on the other couch.

“DK, shoot.” Jihoon got into his Woozi mood.

Seokmin nods. Placing his watch on the table, an article pop up. It was an article from five years back. “Okay. When Hoshi’s group fall, he called me. Saying that one of The Unit blurted out about the immortality or something like that. It was actually some kind of legend that hasn’t been proved yet by anyone. And it seems like The Unit is trying to get it, the immortality I mean.” He taps on a picture. “This is the guy that create that theory. Kye Bumzu. But his location is currently unknown. He said that whoever managed to defeat lots of leader team, will gain the immortality. Although it is only for the leader, but the leader will be able to help the team mates. And they can be revived even if they died.”

“I’m confused. Why would they still want that if they are already the strongest? I mean, the pretty much defeated almost everyone already.” Jisoo pipe up. A small pout on his face.

Jeonghan nods. “Yeah. I kinda agree with that. It doesn’t really make sense. Unless they have another motive.”

Jihoon lean back on the couch. “Let’s drop that topic. For now, we need to focus on our match.” He took out his notebook. Old fashion, but he still prefers it than telling his plan on virtual. Someone could steal it. “We’ll just do it like always, I guess. Seungkwan, have they already set on the place?”

Shake his head. “That annoying guy said that it’s gonna be random.”

“So they are using the ambush tactic. That’s fine, I guess. We are used to it. But just to be careful, heighten your sense. Just make sure that they won’t be able to take you down at the start of the match.”

“Okay.”

“Noted.”

“You can count on me.”

Jihoon smile. “May the best team wins.”

 

---

“Are they in range yet?” he asks lazily from the back seat of the car, sprawled on his stomach. He’s been playing with the revolver for the past 10 minutes.

The grey haired guys sigh. “No. I told you we are early by 20 minutes. And that didn’t even tell them where.”

“Excuse me, you are the one who cut off my connection when I was speaking with him. Don’t you dare blame it on me.” He huffed, sitting on his red bike beside the car. He’s having fun just watching people.

“I cut you off, cause you were flirting with that boy.”

“I did not!”

“You did.” He stated.

“Do not!”

“You do.”                                                                                                                   

“DID NOT!”

“Shut up. They are already in range.” The quiet guy sitting beside the grey haired guy speak up, pulling a black mask for the dashboard.

“Oh yeah! Let the game begin!” he quickly got up and put his mask on. Giving a final signal to his teammates, they enter the games dimension.

 

Jihoon halt suddenly. Clicking on his left black earpiece, he glances around cautiously. “Be careful. They’re starting.” He gets his revolver ready.

A whistle came from his left side. “You’re quite good. Usually they won’t notice until one of their teammates fell down.” A guy, slightly taller than him (Jihoon hates it.) walks closer. He wore a black mask on his face.

Jihoon raised his revolver up. “I thought you were using the ambush tactic. Typical pathetic tactic.”

He didn’t need to see that guy’s face to know that he’s smiling. “I did. But not me. I’m guessing that you are the leader.” He swing his black revolver in hands, acting coy as if Jihoon isn’t even a threat to him. “Heard that you got this area in your first year. Pretty good for a shortie like you.”

Twitch. “If that is your way to provoke me, think again. I’ve been in this game for 3 years. Shortie, shrimp, bean, small guy. I’ve heard everything.”

“Ohh, is that true. What about this one. Pretty sure you haven’t heard it before.”

“What is it?”

Smirk. “Are you aware that you are pretty cute? If we’re not in this kind of situation, can I take you for a coffee, cutie?”

Jihoon did not blush, ever. Well, he did. But that is only one time. That time when he accidentally walk into Jeonghan and Jisoo. He definitely should not be blushing this time.

 

Seungcheol smirk. The small guy standing in front of him with a revolver was not that really intimidating. And it’s hard to believe that he’s one of the strongest leader. And it seems like Seungcheol has found out his weakness.

Even if his face didn’t falter at all, his ears couldn’t lie. It’s turning red real slow.

“You know.” The small guy, or else known by his alias, Woozi, lower his revolver down.

Got you.

“I was actually thinking of having a deal with you, cause I’m tired and all I want is sleep. But seems like I’m not gonna that.” And he pulls the trigger in the flash of light.

Or maybe not.

Bless his fast reflex, Seungcheol managed to dodge the bullet that barely pass his thigh.

Woozi clicked on his tongue. “Tch, I miss.” And he pulls the trigger again, aiming for the same spot again and again.

Damn! He’s fast. “Guess your small body is very handy. You are fast.” A bullet managed to grazed Seungcheol’s shoulder, and he hiss in pain.

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Mingyu’s panicked voice buzzed from his earpiece.

“I’m fine. Just focus on your work.” A bullet knock his own revolver off, and he ended up weaponless.

Woozi smirks. “Seems like you are done.” And he hovers his finger above the trigger, ready to shot the taller guy.

“Not so fast.”

A bright light shone into his eyes, causing him to raise his hands up to shield himself from the light that hurts his eyes. Jihoon can see that the masked guy is coming for him, and he didn’t manage to dodge in time when that guy kick his revolver off his hands.

“That’s a dirty trick you are using, you know.” He flip a bit, creating a big distance between himself and that guy. He clicked on his black earpiece. “Jeonghan, third building, 17th floor.”

Seungcheol whistle. “I really underestimated you. How can you know? He’s far.”

Jihoon got into fighting stance. “You’re lucky cause I forgot to bring my other gun. You’re the only guy aside Mingyu that would ever taste my beating.”

Mingyu? Maybe it’s another Mingyu. It can’t be our Mingyu. Right? “Did you look down on me that you forgot your other weapon. I’m sad.”

“Shut up. Let’s finish this up so that I can go back and sleep.” And her surge forward, throwing punches and kicks here and there.

Seungcheol easily dodge them. “Come on, cutie. Is that the best you can do?”

“Speak for yourself. Don’t blame me if you can’t move the next morning.” Jihoon smirk again before he jumps to the back a bit.

3,

2,

1

Seungcheol hiss in pain. Pulling his sleeve up, a bright dark patches starts to show up. “What the hell?!”

“Hyung, you’re fighting Woozi right? I’m gonna keep this as short as possible before they find me. Don’t dodge. It’ll do much damage. It’s either you block it, or accept it.” Wonwoo didn’t really help.

Jihoon was happily watching the suffering guy when his earpiece buzz. “Hyung, I’m sorry. But that annoying guy is done too.” Seungkwan said.

Sigh. “It’s okay. I just need to finish this big guy off. Just head to our usual for now.” Jihoon bent down to pick his revolver up. When he straightens himself, a big wave of dizziness hit him like a truck. ! I really need to sleep.

He raised his revolver again, a tight grip on it’s handle as he tried to fight the dizziness off. He pulled the trigger, the bullet hitting the pavement just a cm from Seungcheol’s leg.

“Hey! I wasn’t ready!”

“Shut up. I told you I wanna finish this off.” lips trembling, he pulled the trigger again, but missed miserably. He’s seeing two masked man instead of one. And the world is spinning for him. Cursing lightly, he shut his eyes tight before opening them again and shot randomly. But still, it’s far from where Seungcheol is standing.

“Cutie, are you okay? You don’t look well.”

Panting, Jihoon scowls. “Shut the up.”

And his world is black.

 

Mingyu jumped back slightly when a sudden pop up appears in front of him. He creased his eyebrow at the already familiar word.

You win.

“Wooohhoooo!!!” and he jumps in delight, ignoring the look on his two enemy.

Jisoo and Seokmin has an unreadable looks on their face.

They…lost?

Seokmin quickly click on his earpiece. “Woozi? Are you there?! Woozi?”

“I can’t contact him too. Do you think something happened? It’s not like this usually.” Jeongha is the one who respond.

The younger’s eyes widened. “Jihoon hyung! Can you hear me? Hyung!”

“Umm, if that Jihoon guy is Woozi, I think you need to come here.” Some unknown voice came out from their earpiece.

Jisoo starts running. “Who are you? And what happened to Jihoon?” he turns at a corner, trying to reach the dot on his glasses. That is where Jihoon is.

“Uhh..I’m..uhh.. Seungcheol. The leader of The Unit. He faints?”

Hearing this, both Jisoo and Seokmin ran even faster. Passing by a row of stores and three big buildings, they finally saw Jihoon lying down on his back. His head on the lap of a black haired guy.

“Hyung!” Seokmin sprint, leaving Jisoo who slows down to wait for Jeonghan. The black haired guy, which he assumed as Seungcheol look up at them. He kneels down beside them, frantically searched for any sign of wound on Jihoon’s body.

“Seokmin, we need to bring him somewhere else. This dimension is closing since the game ended.” Jisoo tap on his watch. “Seungkwan, tell Chanhyuk that we need to borrow his room.”

Seokmin scooped his small brother in his arm, with Jeonghan helping him taking the fallen revolver off the road.

He swore he never ran so fast in his entire life, but he did. With an unconscious Jihoon in his arms, he can’t think straight. Seokmin might or might have not defeated Usain Bolt’s record. He practically burst through Akdong Café, thank goodness the café is not that busy that day. Their youngest member, already waiting by the stairs, ushers them to follow him.

He placed Jihoon gently on the bed. Soo Hyun was already there. She took note of Jihoon’s heartbeat and blood pressure. She sigh loudly. “This oppa, I already remind him to not forget his meal. When was the last time he ate something?”

The younger brother gasps. “I forgot to ask him.”

Soo Hyun face palm. “He’s fine. A little bit drained but not life threathening. What was he thinking? Fighting in this kind of condition.” She put a chair beside the bed. “Just let him rest for a while. I’ll bring some water. If he’s awake, gave it to him. I’ll bring some porridge up later.”

“Thank you, Soo Hyun. We owe you.”

“This is nothing. I’m happy to help.”

 

“Okay.” Seungkwan starts. “What are they doing here?” he pointed his fingers to them, especially to the smiling Caucasian boy. “Stop smiling!”

“I can smile if I wanted to.”

“Rude.”

“Don’t care.”

Mingyu, the tallest guy smack his head. “Stop flirting, Vernon.”

Hansol wince, and Seungkwan blush. What a rare sight.

“Here you are.” Chanhuk placed the tray full of drinks on the table. “And this is on the house.” A plate of freshly baked chocolate cookies.

The giant pupp- I mean, Mingyu dove in for the cookies. “Nice! Cookies!”

Jeonghan eyed the 4 men sitting across him warily. There’s this Caucasian boy, that turns out to be more Korean than Jisoo itself, sitting across Seungkwan trying his best to win him over. Then to Mingyu. He looks so dangerous, and Jeonghan almost thought that he’s the leader. Almost 6 feet tall, wide shoulders, sharp eyes and tan looking. In reality, he’s like a big puppy that is tamed by , Wonwoo. Wonwoo is, kinda introvert. He’s quiet and the only things that he ever said since they met is his name. Jeonghan raised his eyebrow. Or maybe not.

Wonwoo is currently nagging Mingyu, with his hands on his ears. That tall boy inhale all the cookies, and the crumbs fall everywhere, but mostly on Wonwoo’s lap because the younger kept on talking to him when he clearly didn’t want to.

He chuckles a bit.

And finally, his eyes fell on their pouting leader. Why? Don’t ask him. Seungcheol’s been like that since they came to the café. Big doe eyes, and child like character. Quite the opposite of Jihoon.

“Hannie.”

Jisoo honey voice called for him, and all six heads turn to him. He flushed under the stare. “Jihoon woke up.”

 

“Oppa, I told you don’t skip your meal. Why didn’t you listen to me? Thank goodness this happened here. What if you faint somewhere else? Do you want to be admitted into the hospital that much? Even if you are too busy, don’t ever forget to drink some water. Oppa, you’re a fighter. You lose water more than me. I called Ailee noona and she told me you are not allowed to go the studio for a week…”

Jihoon smile groggily, sending and SOS signal to Chanhyuk. But the owner of the café just shrugs his shoulder. Meaning that Jihoon need to bear with Soo Hyun nagging for a while.

Jeonghan burst through the door. “Jihoonie, are you alright?” he asks.

And Jihoon almost thought that he saw an angel. Soo Hyun halt her nagging to greet the older guy. “I’ll bring the porridge up. Jeonghan oppa, please make sure he finish it.”

He flashed a smile. “Don’t worry. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Hyung!” Seungkwan chirps, jumping to hug Jihoon. The latter let out a groan. “Hyung! I thought you died! Thank goodness you’re okay!”

Jihoon cough. “I’m fine. Seungkwan, you’re choking me.”

“Opps.” He let go of the smaller. “Sorry.”

He flash a soft smile towards the younger boy. Glancing up, he just realized that there are more people than he thought. Jihoon looks straight toward a dopey eyed guy. “Do you have any problem with me? You’ve been staring for the past 5 minutes.”

Seungcheol sigh. “Can we, speak alone?”

“Why would we leave him to you? You’re the enemy.” Seokmin glares at him, being protective.

“Seokmin, it’s fine. It’s not like I’m gonna die. I’m far from that. Isn’t it true, Kim Mingyu?” he shot a smirk towards the tallest guy. Mingyu almost choke on his saliva. The image of 15 years old Jihoon chasing him around with a big guitar make his shudder.

“A-ah.. yes. That’s uhh, true?”

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Just get out. If he ever did anything, I know how to deal with it. Don’t worry.”

Seungcheol sat on the chair beside the bed when it’s finally just the two of them. “I think that this match is unfair. I mean, you faint! And I didn’t even fight you properly yet!” he buried his head on the bed.

He raised his eyebrow. “I don’t think you can fight me anymore after I beat you. Your blood vessel exploded, what can you do?”

“I have many other things up on my sleeve. I just didn’t bother to do it.” He speaks, voice muffled by the mattress. “This fight is boring. Why did you have to faint?”

Scoffs. “You are the one who won’t shut your mouth up when I told you. I’m tired and I didn’t eat anything since yesterday. I don’t even want to fight. You just keep talking and talking. And that idiot teammates of yours shone a light into my eyes. For now, all I want is a peaceful life, where I can just spend my time making music. I don’t have to worry about idiots like you challenging me, or worry about what can I do so that I won’t disappoint my team. Worry about how can I tell them that I want to stop. That I don’t want to do this anymore. I just don’t know. And I don’t even know why did I tell you all of this.” Jihoon sigh. “Just forget it. I’ll give my area to you. Stop disturbing me after this.” He pushed the blanket aside, legs still a bit wobbly. He put on a girly looking slippers on, ignoring the fact that he looks ridiculous with it.

“Where are you going?” Seungcheol stood by his side, afraid if the younger faint again.

“Away from you.”

He expect that Seungcheol would leave him alone.

What he didn’t expect is, his teammates falling on their back when he opened the door.

“What are you guys doing?” he narrowed his eyes. “Did you eavesdrop?”

Seungkwan chuckle nervously. “Sorry, hyung.”

Sighs. He lost count of how many times he sigh today. “You have heard it, so I don’t need to say it again. Sorry for doing this.” He bow a bit.

Seokmin pulled his older brother into his embrace. “I’m sorry. I didn’t notice it, and I’m your brother. I’m sorry, hyung.”

“It’s fine. Really.”

Seungcheol suddenly claps his hand, making all of them, Chanyuk and Soo Hyun included, looked at him.

“Now that all of this is settled, can I take you out for a coffee downstairs for real, cutie?”

 

 

 

“Why did we fight actually?” Mingyu asks when they are inside the car, leaving a grinning Seungcheol and a flustered Jihoon at the café.

“Cause Hansol is too chicken to ask that Seungkwan for a date, and he blurted out about the match.” Wonwoo snorted, eyes on his phone as he lazily scrolled through new challenge sent by other team. To be honest, they usually got challenge, and this is the first time they challenge another group thanks to Hansol.

“Did not!”