Art and Insanity

Questionable Roommates

    The three other boys stood there in shock. Taekwoon, the most antisocial of them all, wanted to go to a party. Something wasn't right. They had to be dreaming, right?

“Guys,” Hakyeon started, looking rather confused as he made eye contact with the other two, each in turn. “Did I hear that right or am I hallucinating?" The eldest male commented. Since Hakyeon knew Taekwoon the longest, he was the one surprised the most. He had never seen Taekwoon talk to anyone but him, so why did he want to go to a party all of a sudden? There had to be a catch. 

    Hongbin, was also trying to wrap his brain around what just happened, he had never been demanded to go somewhere before, but he already knew he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. It wouldn't be in his best interest to piss off Taekwoon. 

    Jaehwan looked back and forth been the two in their obvious states of shock and sighed. “Well, while you two puzzle that out, I’m gonna finish unpacking. You guys want to go to dinner at the dining hall around seven?”

    After two simultaneous vague grunts of approval, Jaehwan returned back to his room to finish unpacking some of the numerous boxes cluttering his room. There was still four or so days left until classes stared so since he had gotten most of his basics unpacked he’d be fine to relax. Placing his One Piece plushies on his desk, save for Chopper, who he set down on the pillows of his bed, he moved to unpack his art supplies. He had the urge to sketch and possibly paint something but he didn’t know what. He figured whatever the urge was would form itself of the paper of his sketchbook like usual. Ripping open a box, Jaehwan pulled out a battered leather bound sketchbook, a pencil, and set his watercolor paint palette and brushes out on his desk. Kicking off his shoes, he hopped on the bed and put in his earbuds, hitting random on his music library until he found a song that gave him inspiration. 

    Putting pencil to paper, he let the music carry his pencil across the paper. A face began to take form, eyes staring straight into his soul, a small, almost imperceptible smile across the man’s lips, and a flower crown of flax, baby’s breath, and roses with their thorns encircling his head. A pair of earbuds were drawn into where his ears were semi covered by his hair and meandered down the portrait. He made sure the lines were light but dark enough of him to see so he could layer paint overtop of his sketch. When he was satisfied with the proportions of the man’s portrait, he reached down to his desk and grabbed his brushes and palette. 

    Jaehwan was in his own world as he put pigment into the portrait and it wasn't​ long before he lost his sense of time. As he put down his brushes, finished with the portrait, Hongbin knocked on the door before letting himself in. “Hey hyung, we’re gonna go for dinner soon. You coming?”

    Jaehwan turned in his chair pulling out one of his earbuds. “What did you say?”

    “It’s almost seven Jaehwan. Are you gonna keep doodling or come get something to eat?” Hongbin replied, a small smirk on his lips, knowing Jaehwan would get defensive about him calling his work just a doodle. Jaehwan loved art, and absolutely hated any kind of criticism on his art. 

    “Yeah, yeah, shut up Bin. You know this happens. Just let me finish up here and I’ll be out in a minute. You're just jealous mine actually looks like what it's supposed  to,” Jaehwan grunted in reply, to which Hongbin rolled his eyes, he couldn't deny what the elder said. Sighing, Hongbin walked out leaving Jaehwan alone to get ready. Jaehwan set down the sketchbook, leaving it open on his newest work. The man stared back at him, almost challengingly as he got ready to make the trek to dinner. 

    Jaehwan walked out into the living room where the others waited for him, going immediately to the door. “What’s taking you guys so long huh?” he said with a eating grin plastered across his face. “I’ve been ready and waiting on you guys this whole time!”

    Hongbin just rolled his eyes and sighed. Sometimes he wondered why he was friends with that colossal idiot. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, I wanted to have this up earlier but I got super busy and I'm studying at Korean University for the summer! So far I've seen Leo in Matahari and I'm about to see Ravi and Jay Park this weekend! Hopefully you will continue to be patient with me and my friend until we're back at college in the States! 감사합니다!