A Rough Start

Questionable Roommates

Jaehwan, though excited for move in day, could not bring himself to get out of bed. He groaned and turned over to press his face into his pillow, attempting to return to sleep. He stayed like this for nearly twenty minutes before giving up and tossing the covers aside. Padding quietly over to his bathroom, he the water to full blast and splashed on in his face to become fully conscious. The bags under his eyes were better than they had been last year, however the purple circles still stood out on his otherwise pale skin. 

He grumbled to himself, too tired to make any other sounds. His phone buzzed on his nightstand, signaling a message from one of his friends. Grabbing his toothbrush from the small cup sitting on the sink counter, he globbed toothpaste on it and walked back to grab his phone while simultaneously brushing his teeth. 

‘Hyung, I’ll be at our new apartment in a about an hour. See you soon!’  was shown on his lockscreen, a text from his friend and new roommate, Hongbin. He texted his acknowledgement to Hongbin and went to wash out the toothpaste from his mouth. The buzz of excitement from earlier had returned, driving away his exhaustion; he hadn’t seen Hongbin since summer break started, since Hongbin had left to study abroad as soon as the semester ended. The younger man was a photography major and he had jumped at the opportunity for a internship in Italy, capturing the picturesque landscapes and monumental art pieces that only resided there. Because Hongbin enjoyed taking pictures so much, Jaehwan was certain that the apartment walls would be covered with the pictures captured by the talented photographer. 

Jaehwan did a final sweep of his room at home to make sure he hadn’t forgotten anything important, lesser things could always be gotten later. Satisfied that he had everything, the brunette grabbed the last few boxes and his keys, double checked his wallet for his student ID and his credit and debit cards, and finally walked out the door to begin his drive back to the University. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Get your lazy out of bed now Jung Taekwoon, don’t make me say it again,” Cha Hakyeon was standing in the doorway of the raven haired male’s bedroom, tapping his foot impatiently, though he knew words alone weren't enough to spur the taller male out of bed. The purple in the older man’s hair shown slightly when he leaned into the light, stepping foot into the dangerous territory that was Taekwoon’s room. He grabbed the extra pillow that was in the raven’s grasp, pulling it out and slapping the younger male in the head with it, a true act of courage. 

Taekwoon sat up immediately and gave the older male a deadly glare; enough that it normally would have made Hakyeon cringe, but he was getting impatient, they needed to leave soon and he was tired of waiting around. He gave the raven a deadly glare back, being one of the few people that could ever get away with doing such an atrocious thing, to which the younger male rolled his eyes and finally tossed away the covers, silent as ever. His body glistened with sweat, he had gotten too hot underneath the comforter but refused to take it off, and few sweat beads gently rolled down his toned abdomen and disappeared into the waistband of his navy briefs. 

Hakyeon was completely unfazed by a sight such as this and he tossed the pillow back on the raven’s bed, satisfied that he had finally gotten the taller male up, though he knew he would probably be grumpy and unbearable for the rest of the day. Hakyeon would take his victories where he could though, and pushed the raven towards the bathroom.

“Shower, you’re all sweaty. When you’re finished, help me pack up your things,” Hakyeon said, turning on his heel because he knew there wouldn't be a response. Regardless of Taekwoon’s icy behavior, he usually listened to his hyung and he found himself stepping into the bathroom, sliding into a cold shower. His showers were brief, a habit that he had picked up from his freshman year in a hall style dorm. Beyond that, he was just just an efficient type, though it was hard to get him going first thing in the morning unless he had his coffee, a luxury he wouldn’t receive that morning. He heard Hakyeon continuously call him, shouting about how they were behind schedule. Damn that man and his schedules. Taekwoon knew that Hakyeon mostly just loved to be a giant pain in the , while a minuscule part of it was how meticulous the other actually was. They did have a schedule to keep after all.

It hadn’t been more than ten minutes before he was out of the shower and dressed, dark hair still damp and covering the majority of his left eye. His face was very angular and porcelain like, making him almost look like a doll, and his slender figure didn’t help that in the slightest. His arms were the most defined part of him along with his broad shoulders however, the rest of him was all lean muscle, barely meeting a hundred and forty pounds with all six feet of him.

Most of Taekwoon’s things were already packed in cardboard boxes that Hakyeon was currently putting in the back of his car. A few were still open with various things tossed in them, some neatly organized and others not so much. Taekwoon worked on briefly organizing and sealing the last few boxes with tape when Hakyeon returned to his room, having cleared all of the fully packed boxes. “Got everything Woonie?” 

The dark haired man gave him a look for a moment, one where his face scrunched up, before nodding. He was a man of few words.

“Alright let’s go!” Hakyeon’s cheerful voice rung in the younger male’s ears, before clamping a hand down on his shoulder and steering him outside. Taekwoon froze then he saw the elder’s car, looking at him with a sly smirk. The elder had brought a white minivan to carry their things to the college, an act on its own that damaged his pride.

“Don’t say a ing word,” the older male said, giving the younger an icy glare before moving to sit in the driver’s seat.