Lost

Habit

Yuna stared at Seokmin who was lying down on her laps, eyes closed as that leaves Yuna to wonder whether he’s asleep or not.

She then looks up, staring at the broad river in front of her.

 

Yes, Han River. That’s where they were.

A famous spot for everyone, families, friends, lovers.

 

As lovers.

 

They were there to celebrate their third year anniversary. Next to her were two boxes of fried chicken that they had ordered earlier, along with two bottles of cola.

The girl then unlocked her phone, only to check the time for a while.

On days like these, couples usually talked about how they started, reminisce the past, and plan their future.

Yuna looked at the wide patch of grass lying around the whole place.

 

How funny for her that,

Her memory on how they started is hazy.

Reminiscing the past is almost impossible when her memories on them are mostly erased out.

She didn’t exactly want a future as ‘us’ anymore too.

 

Ironic that I’m having these thoughts on our anniversary, no?

 

She doesn’t know how it started, but she doesn’t want to think about that.

She doesn’t want to complicate her feelings further, which would make her feel more guilty of everything.

 

Yuna realised it, that Seokmin is lost in her mind.

 

She knows that whenever Seokmin smiles, she doesn’t feel anything.

She knows that whenever she’s in Seokmin’s arms, she doesn’t feel at home.

Their old exciting conversations that never seem to come to an end, dies out much quicker.

 

In the end, he became a part of Yuna’s habit.

Her habit of forgetting the other.

 

Yuna closed her eyes and breathed in the air, only to make her thoughts hazier.

 

“What are you thinking about, Yuna?”

 

The girl opened her eyes, meeting the view of the vast river. She knows that Seokmin is looking at her with loving eyes, something she’s afraid that she can’t return.

She took another deep breath,


 

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to do this anymore.”