Papa

Papa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Little fingers that were wrapped around his thumb, Jungkook remembers distinctly the day he had first seen his daughter.

His first instinct was to freeze right at the spot just staring at Jimin who was much braver and made his way to the nurse holding the baby and taking her into his arms.

“Hey, baby girl,” Jimin said looking at the baby.

Jungkook was still unable to move just staring at Jimin.

Jimin looked up at Jungkook.

“You wanna hold her?”

Jungkook nodded in less than a second. He had wanted this so bad as he saw Jimin make his way to him and then handing her to him.

Jungkook held her like she was made of glass. He was scared he would hurt her in some way. She was so fragile, so small fast asleep, her eyes tight shut and her little fingers curled up into a fist.

Jungkook felt a surge of emotions he had never felt before.

He was happy as he could feel tears well up in his eyes.

“Hey baby,” he said. “I am your papa”

Next, to him, Jimin cracked a smile looking at them fondly.

“She is our daughter, Jimin,” Jungkook said in a way that he couldn’t believe his own words.

Jimin nodded tearing up.

“Yeah she is our little girl,” he said.

Jungkook looked back at the sleeping girl and smiled as he let Jimin take her away and cradling her into his arms.

He stood close by watching her sleep as he held her little hand and then pressed a swift kiss.

“Papa loves you so much,”

The baby didn’t react at all expect for grabbing one of Jungkook’s fingers in between her fist and Jungkook looked at Jimin who was tearing up again and he looked back at the little girl sleeping soundly her hand still around Jungkook’s finger.

At that time Jungkook was sure this was the best moment of his life.

 

 

Jungkook remembers all the sleepless night they had when Jieun would cry the whole night and they would have no idea why.

Jimin would try his best to stop her from crying as he would walk around the room rocking her to sleep.

It almost always worked and Jieun would be asleep in the next hour or so leaving a sleep-deprived Jimin who would be very cranky the next morning until Jungkook would get him his cup of coffee.

But they both knew they could do nothing about it as Jieun would fall asleep only when she was held by Jimin.

She would start crying the moment Jungkook tried to rock her to sleep. So now he had stopped trying and instead just watched his husband do it.

Jungkook couldn’t help but feel like he wasn’t being a good father to Jieun. She always preferred her dad over her papa. Jimin rocked her to sleep, fed her and dressed her every day and when Jungkook so much as even tried to do anything it would only resulting in crying forcing Jimin to take her away from Jungkook.

In fact, Jieun seemed more comfortable around Seokjin as he was the only person Jimin allowed to hold Jieun. Jimin simply didn’t trust Taehyung and Hoseok with a baby. And for Namjoon and Yoongi they were content in watching from a distance. She would climb on Seokjin’s lap and let him hold her.

Despite Jimin’s reassurances, Jungkook felt he couldn’t connect with his daughter.

“She is only nine months old, Kookie,” Jimin said when Jungkook had confessed what he had felt. “I am sure she will be more comfortable when she grows up”

Jungkook just nodded sighing.

“Don’t worry, okay?” Jimin said as he pressed a kiss on Jungkook’s forehead.

Jungkook nodded.

Just then he heard a crying voice. It was Jieun.

“I’ll be right back,” Jimin said as he left and came back with Jieun who had now stopped crying and was holding a rattle in her hand almost smiling at Jimin.

“She was crying because she dropped her rattle,” Jimin said as he kissed her on the cheek.

Jungkook nodded smiling. All he wanted was to hold his daughter.

That night Jieun was crying again and had been doing it for over an hour. Jungkook had long given tried to sleeping as he saw Jimin walking in the room patting her back and rock her.

“Jungkook,” Jimin said. “She won’t stop

Jimin sounded weary and he looked really tired too with bags under his eyes. It was 1 am already and they were supposed to wake around 7. They hardly got any sleep.

“You gave her the toys?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes,” he said. “She still won’t stop crying”

Jimin bit his lip. He sounded worried.

“Kookie-yah what if she is sick?”

“No, no Jimin, she is probably not feeling sleep yet,” he said. Jieun slept a lot during the day.

Jungkook at least hoped that was the case. He remembers when Jieun had a developed a fever overnight and how much Jimin had freaked out. Crying his eyes out as he was that worried despite Jungkook assuring him that their daughter would be fine.

Jimin had stayed home for the next two days just to take care of Jieun.

Lost in his thoughts he noticed Jimin had already started tearing up. He always was very sensitive especially when it came to Jieun.

“Jungkook, I think we should call the doctor,” he said.

“Is she running a fever?” Jungkook asked.

“No, her body temperature is fine but what if she is in pain or something?” he asked. “Just call the doctor”

Jungkook nodded getting up as Jimin kept on rocking Jieun who was crying even more now.

“Take my phone, I have the doctor’s number,” Jimin said.

Jungkook nodded taking Jimin’s phone from the nightstand and looked at the doctor’s number as Jimin watched with a worried expression.

The phone kept ringing but no one picked. Jungkook tried again. There was still no response. Jungkook kept calling the doctor but he gave up the 15th time there was no response.

“He is not picking up,” he said.

“What are we gonna do now?” Jimin said more to himself.

He was full blown crying now.

“Should we look for some doctor who is open?” Jungkook asked.

“That’s our only option I guess,” Jimin said.

Jungkook hugged Jimin.

“It’s gonna be okay,” he said.

Jimin nodded as Jungkook kissed his forehead.

“It’s cold outside,” Jimin said. “I’ll get Jieun’s winter clothes from the other room”

Jungkook nodded.

“Give her to me,”

“Are you…”

“Yes,” Jungkook said.

Jimin carefully handed Jungkook Jieun who was wailing even more loudly now. Jimin bit his lip but left the room immediately to get Jieun’s clothes.

Jungkook stood holding Jieun awkwardly trying to rock her to sleep as she cried.

And Jungkook didn’t know why but for some reason he began singing to Jieun. It was a little song that he had written for Jimin back in their high school days to woo him. It had worked well at least on Jimin considering they were married now.

And it seemed to work on Jieun too as her cries were much quieter. She was listening to Jungkook’s song while looking at him with her wide innocent eyes, her little fists clutching Jungkook’s shirt. She had now stopped crying.

Jungkook was shocked and stopped singing and then Jieun’s face had turned into a frown and Jungkook immediately began singing again and then he saw Jieun actually smiling and it made Jungkook feel all kinds of happiness as never before his daughter had ever smiled when she was in his arms.

Jungkook smiled a little and continued singing when Jimin came into the room holding Jieun’s clothes.

“Is she not crying anymore?” Jimin asked.

Jungkook shook his head no as he kept on singing and rocking her. His daughter whose head was now rested on his chest, her eyelids were heavy from sleep.

In a few minutes, Jieun was fast asleep on Jungkook’s chest and Jungkook didn’t have the heart to let her go as he watched her in awe.

“How did you get her to sleep?” Jimin asked.

“I sang to her,” Jungkook answered.

Jimin smiled a little.

“Come on I’ll put her in her cot,”

Jungkook nodded hesitantly letting Jieun go as Jimin made her sleep in the cot before letting out a big yawn.

“You should get some sleep Jiminie,” Jungkook said.

Jimin nodded rubbing his eyes before smiling at Jungkook.

“See she let you hold her,” he said. “She loves you”

“Yeah,” Jungkook said fondly.

“And I love you too,”

“I love you too,” Jungkook said kissing Jimin. “Now let’s get some sleep”

Jimin nodded as they both got in their bed and Jungkook threw his hand around Jimin’s waist and pulled him closer before pressing a little kiss on the nape of his neck.

In a few minutes, he could already hear Jimin’s light snores and all he could think about how lucky he had gotten in life.

He had a husband like Jimin and they had a daughter together. Jungkook felt like he was quite honestly the luckiest man in the world for having a perfect little family.

With that thought in his mind, he fell asleep smiling to himself.

Over the course of the next few days, it had become routine for Jungkook to sing for Jieun at bedtime. She would only fall asleep when it was Jungkook rocking her while singing to her.

Jungkook loved the fact that he was the only one who could put Jieun sleep. He would smile to himself as he saw Jieun falling asleep midway to the song her little fists balled up. He would put her in her crib.

He loved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter