Chapter 4: Who is She?

The Trio.

 

It's another hot afternoon in KAIST University, but thankfully Namjoon could attend class in an air-conditioned auditorium. Namjoon is a student studying Physics in the university, and it's his second year. Attending KAIST was a dream of his since he started middle school.

 

Usually Namjoon concentrates fully to the lecturer, being the good student he is. However, he was blanking out on that day, not because the lessons are too boring (although the lecturer's grandmother lectures are always boring, Namjoon has that will to learn anything.), but Namjoon's mind was full with thoughts of something, or maybe somebody?

 

It was that girl he met yesterday evening. who caused him in a very bad mood throughout the day. How could someone be so irrational? he thought. He remembered the red miniskirt she's wearing, and those red high heels. So I shall consider her as a red chili? Thinking of that, he smirked a little. Suddenly, a pen hit his head, and he turned to the back looking annoyed.

 

"Looks like someone's not being a good student as he always is," Hoseok said, obviously referring to his friend in front of him. Beside Hoseok is a black-haired guy, expressionless. He seriously doesn't want his annoying friend to distract him from the lecture.

 

"And looks like someone's being a naughty student as he always is," Namjoon replied.

 

"Yah, Min Yoongi, Namjoon's talking about you! Don't be so naughty okay?" Hoseok said. The guy called Yoongi had no more interest in replying Hoseok.

 

Namjoon turned back to continue listening to the lecturer, but for some reason he just couldn't focus. Maybe that girl really has an interesting personality that could make him thinking about her all day. Interesting character, huh?

 

===

 

Class dismissed after about a century, and Hoseok was already asleep. causing Yoongi unable to get out of his seat (Yoongi sat near the wall and Hoseok was beside him so...)

 

"Damn, this sleepy douche-bag," he said, "how am I supposed to wake him up?" 

 

"Uh... I have no idea. I'm going to the washroom for a while so, see you guys at the cafeteria," Namjoon excused himself and went out. 

 

After washing his face, Namjoon went out of the washroom. It sure was a hot afternoon after all, he thought. Just when he was about to run down to the cafeteria before the iced yogurt drinks are sold out, he saw someone quite familiar at the building of the campus opposite to where he was right then.

 

"Who's that?" Namjoon tried to look closer, just to notice that it was the girl she met (and had a conflict) yesterday at the convenience store. Next to her was a guy taller than her by one head. Namjoon could see her doing aegyo to the guy. This is so not like her.

 

The guy beside her then kissed her on her forehead. So he's the boyfriend she mentioned when making a fuss. 

 

Namjoon sighed when he noticed someone beside him. He shrieked a little.

 

"Hey, since when are you here?"

"Since you started staring over there?" Namjoon's shorter friend pointed to the couple over there. "Who are you interested in? The girl or the guy?"

"Nah. Just zoning out. Let's go to the cafeteria, Jimin." Namjoon said before turning back.

 

At the cafeteria, Hoseok and Yoongi already bought everything and started eating. Namjoon gave them a wave before going to buy his stuff. Following him was Jimin.

 

"Hey guys," Jimin sat beside Yoongi. "How are you guys doing?"

"I'm fine," said Yoongi, still expressionless. Hoseok beside him said he's finer, and earned a ruffle at his hair from the still-expressionless Yoongi. "I just wonder what happened to Namjyun," Hoseok said.

 

"Yea, he's basically zoning out throughout class," Yoongi followed.

 

"I saw him just now, he's staring at a couple, I don't get why? Is he finally urging to get a girlfriend?" Jimin said.

 

"Who? Where? Did they see him?" Hoseok was very interested in the topic.

 

"I don't think so, but the girl looks quite hot though..." Jimin blushed. "Anyway, her hair's short and she's also short, yea that's all."

"Short hair, short body... I think I know who was she." Hoseok said. "She made a fuss at the convenience store yesterday, with Joonie. They almost fought, over a snow globe for her boyfriend..."

"Aww, that's very interesting huh?" Before Hoseok could react, Namjoon was already pulling his hair. "And why are you always using nicknames while addressing me?"

"Oww Oww STOP STAPH!" Hoseok almost shouted.

 

Namjoon let go and sat facing Hoseok. He was about to start eating when he saw the couple earlier passing by again. She did more aegyo while they were holding hands. His eyes followed them all the way and that's when Hoseok also looked towards that direction. 

 

"Are they the couple you mentioned?" Hoseok asked Jimin. Jimin nodded. Hoseok nodded harder and made a serious face to show that what he said earlier was true. 

 

"Looks like someone's awestruck~" Jimin said. "Or is it love-struck?" 

 

Namjoon was about to slap Jimin. If only he was angrier...

 

"By the way we're going to the band room in 15 minutes, and I've finished eating." Yoongi said, and got ready to leave. 

 

"Wait for us!!!!!!!!!!!" Hoseok really shouted. Everyone in the cafeteria looked at him, including Namjoon and Jimin who tried not to laugh. 

 

===

 

Namjoon's zoning out continues during band practices. Yoongi just finished a new song and they are now practicing to get the chords right. The song was to be performed during the university carnival two weeks later.

Everyone was able to go through smoothly, even Jimin could hit his high notes so easily. Everyone, except Namjoon. Namjoon kept on strumming his guitar wrongly, and Yoongi was about to burst out of anger.

 

"Stop zoning out and get your nerves together," said Yoongi.

 

"Yeah, I'll try..."

But the harder he tried, the less he can focus. All in his mind was that girl who appeared twice in the campus earlier. I wonder what kind of person is she to study in KAIST. She doesn't seem like some KAIST people...

 

He didn't realise that everyone had stopped and looked at him. 

 

"Jimin-ah, can you just play the guitar on behalf of Namjoon until he becomes normal again?" Yoongi asked, "I'll give him a hiatus."

 

Ba-dum-tss. Hoseok played with his drum.