The Lost Soul

The Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rain- suddenly it started to pour. Within moments, the entire place came into the grasp of darkness and the black clouds began to roar. Even the sun seemed too scared to wait for the moon to appear and hid itself before its time. As for Jungkook, he decided to walk home as it was quite impossible to locate any means of transport, especially bus, in this terrible weather. It was getting even darker and he began to feel so alone.

It’s not that he didn’t have friends, but none of his friends lived near his house. No one even used his route. He always felt quite unfortunate to return home all alone especially whenever it rained. Yet somehow he would manage to grab a cab or a bus on his way despite the heavy rain. Today however, things seemed quite different.

The moment he stepped out of his college, the dark place was lit up with lightning followed by the crackling sound, terrifying him. He realized it was not going to be easy for his to return home like any other rainy day. He felt that his umbrella wasn’t a fine protective device to defend himself from the wrath of the thunder god.

He began to walk and after sometime he found himself the only person walking along the lonely wet streets. But he wasn’t alone. He was always accompanied by the stormy winds, bright lightning and the continuous rain. As a child, he used to welcome rain and even waited for the thunderstorm. He would intentionally make himself wet and used to enjoy the wet breeze passing his by. But today, neither was he enjoying nor did he have any wish to get himself wet.

The heavy raindrops appeared like sharp spears dropping down from the sky and would penetrate anything on their way towards the earth. Jungkook wasn’t an exception as it seemed like his umbrella would be torn down by those sharp spears. The furious wind on the other hand, seemed to blow the umbrella away from him.  He felt helpless and trapped in the middle of a catastrophe. If only he could learn how to forecast the weather, he wouldn’t have come out his house.

Just when he was trying to fight the unfavourable situation, he noticed something which he considered his only hope. It wasn’t Noah’s Arc to his rescue, but it was something more than such miracle. It was a bus which would help his to reach home safely. All of a sudden he began to feel fortunate again.

“Hey wait”, he shouted and ran to stop it. “Please wait”, he screamed to the top of his voice waving one hand while running after the bus. He ran as fast as he could, but all went in vein. The bus drifted away splashing water on either side of the road. To his surprise the driver seemed to see him, but didn’t stop the bus. “He ignored me”, thought Jungkook while catching his breathe. He couldn’t believe what he saw. “This has never happened before”, he murmured and he began to feel misfortune again.

“The driver didn’t see you”, came the deep voice of a guy from behind Jungkook. Deserted on the streets in the rain wouldn’t complete a horror story but the sudden appearance of an unexpected guest from nowhere would n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter