Welcome To The Line : 01 "The Kyu-Line"

Welcome To The Line

 

 

 

 

It has been two hours since Sora, Minjung and Junghee's other classmates started interrogating her. She sat at her seat in her classroom while some of her classmates surrounded her.

 

 

"So tell us Junghee, how did you do it?" Kyungjin, one of her classmates, asked.

 

 

"I've been telling you for the past two hours that I don't know. He just introduced himself to me and offered me a handshake. I didn't do anything." Junghee said, frustration now obvious in her voice.

 

 

"But noone has done it before." HeeJin chimed in. Junghee frowned. "You know, not every one can talk to them, even more shake hands with them." she added.

 

 

"Why? Are they that mighty and high?" Junghee asked and everyone shot disbelieving looks at her.

 

 

"They are very famous here. You see, they are basically the most elite group here. They are rich kids with influential families. They only hangout among themselves and noone ever dared or successfully entered their circle." Minjung explained.

 

 

Then finally, Mr. Kim entered the classroom. "Okay class, settle down." he commanded and the interrogation ended. But Minjung continued explaining the Kyu-Line to Junghee since they are seating beside each other at the back.

 

 

"So tell me more about them." Junghee said, placing hee elbow on her desk and leaning her chin on her hand, nodding to signal that she was ready to listen to what Minjung has to say.

 

 

"You see Junghee, Kyu-Line is very influential here in school. They are a bunch of special people, treated with utmost care and respect. Their parents are big shareholders of this school so they are considered as VIPs in this school." Minjung explained while Junghee nodded at every information she heard.

 

 

"So, who are they? I know Ryeowook and the Tall couple but every one else, I don't know." Junghee asked.

 

 

"Then I'll tell you about the members. Kim Ryeowook, he's a sophomore. He's more of the nerdy type. That's why he's often seen at the library. That's why you met him there. He always belong to the top five excellent students. His grades are seriously high and he plays the piano very well and also, I think he is the kindest among the members. Then there's his best friend, Lee Jonghyun. He's also a sophomore. He's very good-looking and plays the guitar well. He and Ryeowook are very close. They are always together. He is also kind and smiles very often. However, I heard that he's a silent type of person. He doesn't talk much but if you approach him, he'll talk to you. Well, that's if he knows you. He's usually shy when someone unfamiliar approaches him. So most often, he'll remain quiet."

 

Minjung inhaled and swallowed her saliva, then she continued, "Then there's Song Victoria. She's the only girl in the group. She's very y and hot. She's also pretty and dances really well. She's very flexible too. She's sweet and cute too. Her boyfriend is Shim Changmin. He's a Junior like Victoria. He dances well too. Victoria and Changmin are known to be two of the best dancers here in school. They've been a couple since 5 years ago and they're still going strong. Changmin may seem cold at first but some people say that he is a very good friend to the ones close to him."

 

Minjung took a break again and exhaled a breath of exhaustion but she still continued, " Then there's Choi Minho. He's a freshman like us. But he is close with the group because he is the cousin of Changmin. He's known to be very athletic. He is a member of the basketball team of our school and even though he is a first year, he's one of the star players of our team."

 

 

"He is that good?" Junghee asked, raising one eyebrow.

 

 

"Yes. He is that good. But he seems to be very cold. I think he's the most silent type in them. He only say few words to the other members but most of the time, he remains quiet. You must also remember that his stare is fatal. When he stares at you, you feel like he's burning holes through you. So be careful of his stare. They can kill." she warned. Junghee couldn't help but giggle at what Minjung said. It was quite funny to hear that a stare can kill. "Then the last one is Cho Kyuhyun. The group was actually named after him. He is a Junior and Changmin's best friend. He is known to be a gamer. He loves starcraft very much. He is considered as the leader of the group but he seems to be very carefree. So that's it." Minjung finally sighed in relief as she finished her speech.


 

 

- - - - 

The next day...

 

 

Junghee ran as fast as she could to avoid being late in her first class. It was her third day at school and she doesn't want to be late. She ran past the corridors and ---

 

 

BUMP!


 

"Ouch!" she fell flat on her at the sudden bump. She hurriedly stood up and bowed down to the person she bumped into. "I'm sorry. I'm running late and was not looking carefully. I'm sorry. I hope you're not hurt or something. I gotta go now." she said without looking properly at the person because she was busy fixing her uniform and hair.

 

 

"Junghee?" A familiar voice called.

 

 

Junghee turned around and saw Ryeowook. He was walking towards her. "Oh, Ryeowook op--" she paused for a moment as she debated in her mind if she should call him oppa or not. But eventually decided to just whisper the 'pa' part and greet him nicely, "Hi, good morning." was all she could say as she remembered what Minjung and the others told her about the Kyu-Line.

 

 

Ryeowook smiled as he reached her, "Are you okay?" he asked.

 

 

"Y-yes. I was running because I'm gonna be late for my first class but I bumped to," she turned to the person she bumped into and saw a very good-looking guy. He had this slightly long wavy hair that was perfectly styled to suit his very handsome face. "I bumped into him." she struggled to finish the sentence.

 

 

Ryeowook look up and saw the person she was referring to. He then smiled, "Oh, you bumped into him? Haha. I'm sure he's alright. Right Jonghyun?" he asked.

 

 

'J-Jong----hyun?! THE LEE JONGHYUN? Another member of the Kyu-Line?'

 

 

Jonghyun slighlty smirked as he nodded his head. "Yeah. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking to where I was walking too. I was at fault too." he said, his voice was low but sounded kind.

 

 

"Should I introduce you? Junghee, this is my best friend, Jonghyun. Jong, this is Junghee. I met her yesterday. I guess she's my new friend now." Ryeowook said.

 

 

'FRIEND? He considers me as a friend? How's that possible?'

 

 

"Nice to meet you Junghee." Jonghyun said. He smiled at me. 'OH my gosh. Why do my cheeks feel hot?' She thought to herself.

 

 

"I-its nice to meet you too. I-I'm sorry for bumping onto you---- OH MY FISH! I'm gonna be late!" Junghee suddenly exclaimed as she remembered that she have a class.

 

 

Ryeowook and Jonghyun was shocked but then they just laughed at Junghee's worried face.

 

 

"I'll walk you to your classroom." Ryeowook offered. 'Why is he so good to me?

 

 

"Its okay. I'll just explain myself to the teacher." Junghee said, she wasn't confident enough to walk with Ryeowook, knowing that he's a part of the Almighty Kyu-Line.

 

 

"No, we'll walk you. Since you being late is partly Jonghyun's fault, so he'll take responsibility and I'll do the moral support so we'll gonna walk you to your classroom." He insisted with a big grin on his cute face. He grabbed Jonghyun by his shoulders and they walked past Junghee who was dumb strucked.

 

 

"Come on Junghee, walk faster or you'll be so late." Ryeowook called and Junghee couldn't do anything but follow them. She told them the room number and they led her to it.

 

 

When they arrived, Ryeowook knocked on the door and the teacher immediately acknowledge them as he quickly stopped lecturing to give way for what Ryeowook has to say.

 

 

"Excuse me Mr. Han, my friend is late because of us so we would appreciate it if you could let her in without punishments or grade deductions. Is it possible?" Ryeowook asked very politely. Mr. Han smiled and nodded in agreement.

 

 

"Where's your friend? Let her in. I'm still in the beginning of my lecture so I'm sure she didn't miss out much." Mr. Han said.

 

 

"Thank you very much Mr. Han." Ryeowook smiled and bowed his head slightly.

 

 

Ryeowook and Jonghyun turned to Junghee whose mouth hunged low. "You can now go in." Ryeowook said.

 

 

"Why did you do that?" Junghee managed to mumble as soon as she snapped out of her shock.

 

 

"Just taking up the responsibilities." he replied. "Go in. See you around." he said as he and Jonghyun turned to leave.

 

 

"See you around Junghee." Jonghyun said before they finally walked away.

 

 

Junghee, after gathering all of her courage, finally stepped into the classroom. She immediately noticed the shocked and surprised reactions of her classmates. 

 

 

'Ugh. I know why! I absolutely know why they're staring at me like this.'

 

 

She then found Minjung and Sora and sat beside Minjung, whose eyes were still glued to her. Junghee plopped her things on the floor and sat on her chair. She turned to Minjung, "G-good morning." she greeted akwardly with an akward giggle at the end.

 

 

"You're friends with them?" Minjung asked quietly, eyes still wide from shock.

 

 

"Uhm, I don't know. Maybe?" Junghee answered honestly but she was a little unsure.

 

 

"Ryeowook oppa just said you were his and Jonghyun oppa's friend." she said. Junghee swore she heard envy in her voice.

 

 

"I didn't expect they would do this. I didn't even know until earlier that Ryeowook o-oppa saw me as a friend." Junghee replied. It was the truth that she didn't expect him to consider her as a friend that fast.

 

 

- - - - - -

Lunch break.

 

 

It was actually uncomfortable for Junghee to get through her subjects that morning because of what happened in her first class. News spread out like fire and soon, almost all the students in the school knew about her and her involvement with Ryeowook and Jonghyun. Some of the students glared at her, some whispering something to their friends as she pass by them, some look at her in utter shock and some just hate her.

 

 

She walked her way to the cafeteria to buy lunch but after seeing so many students there, all her strength and courage were like out of her and she decided to just go somewhere else where noone would be there. She headed towards the rooftop. She climbed up the stairs and then opened the door to the rooftop.

 

 

'Nobody's here. Ahhh. Finally, I'm at peace.'

 

 

She sat on the bench near the corner of the rooftop and inhaled the fresh air. The corner has a roof over it, just big enough to cover the whole bench she was sitting on.

 

 

"UGH! Why do I have to meet them? I just want to have friends. But I guess I made friends with the wrong people. I want a peaceful school life but I'm guessing that it ain't gonna happen now. I'm starting to feel that bad things will happen to me if I continue to invovle myself with them. I shall avoid them at all cost." Junghee said with determination. However, as she remembered Ryeowook, and Jonghyun too, and their kindness to her, she got confused. "But Kim Ryeowook-ssi has been nothing but good to me. He's very kind. Jonghyun-ssi too. It'll be rude if they say hi to me and I'll ignore them. I'll get more bad luck if I do that! UGH! DAMN THIS LIFE!" Junghee groaned in frustration.

 

 

"I'm sorry to hear that you're life is going to be miserable but I'd appreciate it if you don't disturb me in my sleep."

 

 

 

Junghee jumped up in surprise as she heard a voice behind her. She saw someone leaning on the wall of the corner with his eyes closeed. Junghee stared at him. His nose was perfect and high, jaw was perfectly structured and his lips looked very kissable. His face looked handsome and peaceful.

 

 

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered opened. Then he turned to look at Junghee.

 

 

 

'OH MY FISH! His stare feels like its piercing through my eyes.'

 

 

 

Then she remembered what MinJung told her.

 

 

"You must also remember that his stare is fatal. When he stares at you, you feel like he's burning holes through you. So be careful of his stare. They can kill"