Chapter 60: A New Year Together

Welcome to Touchstone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This meeting is to remind everyone to finish registering for your classes,” Joohyuk begins. 

The other dorm heads, Jisoo and Yiseul, stand beside him early this morning for the first meeting of the new school year. 

With a sigh Joohyuk continues, “I’ve gone through to check on your progress and there are still a few residents of mine who have yet to max their credits.”

“Same here,” Jisoo adds as he looks towards his wing. “You all should do it soon before the classes start getting full and closing up.”

When nothing else is added, Yiseul notices eyes on her. She looks towards the two dorm heads. “Oh, my residents are done registering.”

Sitting out before the dorm heads, the West wing residents mutter amongst themselves. 

“That’s unheard of,” Chanhyuk remarks. 

“Even Chanwoo and Jinhwan?” Seunghoon asks and immediately find the mentioned boys’ glares on him. He shrugs, what he said couldn’t have been far-fetched. In fact, everyone else are probably thinking the same thing. 

“So, what did the dorm head promise you?” Junhoe pries. 

“She would watch dramas with me all weekend,” Chanwoo spills. 

Jinhwan keeps his eyes focusing up front. “She wouldn’t leave my room until I finished registering.”

Jennie scoffs in tease. “So, only the boys had to be babysat.”

“Another year and Yiseul is still doing the impossible,” Jisoo sighs. 

“Mino is watching you all,” Rosé hums with a grin. 

Unable to deny the power Mino exerts over them, Junhoe decides to change the topic. “Hanbin saw the dorm head in Jinhwan’s room and sulked the whole day.”

The girls crack up. 

“Has he made no progress?” Jennie asks. 

Almost like he can sense their gossiping, Hanbin looks over to find their faces smirking at him. 

It wasn’t a mystery. 

They have been teasing him nonstop over the break and as soon as they returned back to school for the new year. Grumbling, he breaks eye contact first. 

He admits his feelings towards Yiseul has been unchanged, but he can’t force her to feel the same. Besides, he’s content with how things are since he isn’t missing out on Yiseul’s company. So, he fears that if their nonsensical teasing reaches Yiseul’s ears, things may become different. 

Once the residents are dismissed with the meeting ending, Hanbin gets caught by the West wing. Bobby slings his arm around his shoulders. 

“Where are you heading?”

“Back to my room.”

“Why?” Junhoe appears on his other side, squishing Hanbin in between them. “Dorm head invited us out tonight.”

Hanbin stops in his steps. “We’re going out?”

“Did dorm head invite you?” Seunghoon joins in on the playful bantering.

Flabbergasted, Hanbin mutters, “She wouldn’t be against me going.”

“You’re so obvious, man,” Bobby says with a smile. “In what world would the dorm head invite us out to party?”

“All you heard was her name and stopped functioning.”

Seunghoon lightly smacks Hanbin’s shoulder. “We’re still going out though, so come with us.”

“But, is Yiseul coming?” Hanbin wonders.

***

“So nice of you to join us,” Junhoe greets Hanbin once he makes it to the bar. 

He takes a seat in the chair that Mino pulls out for him. Unintentionally, he meets Jinhwan’s eyes across the table once he looks up. Then, quickly notices that Jinhwan is seated right next to Yiseul.

“What took you so long?” Seunghoon asks. 

“Jaewon wanted to meet up for dinner.”

“I heard Jaewon is helping you get some dates,” Suhyun reveals. 

Without hesitation, Hanbin denies, “That’s not true.” His eyes dart over to Yiseul to find her distracted by her conversation with Jinhwan. 

“Let’s get some more drinks and then we can talk about it,” Junhoe suggests, refusing to drop the topic. 

Hanbin leans over to Jennie. “Did Yiseul hear about it?”

“Of course, she did,” Jennie nonchalantly responds as she helps with the pouring of the drinks. 

“Why do hate me? Why do you want me to fail?”

It’s hard to ignore the stress in his words and Jennie laughs.

“Don’t worry. You know how Yiseul is– she paid the information no mind,” Jennie attempts to comfort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter