Beginnings

Mine

Use of Korean words as names, not English, later translate at the end of the chapter. Will fix if making any mistake.
More information also provide at the end of note, please PM me if there are any more detail question.


The land of Sageo was once known as the land of Sin. The tale once said that the Five Sins in the world are the one who created this land. Jigu built the lands where we live on, Namu gave lives to species through plants, Geumsog provided material for living things to improve life, Mul helped the land filled with essential water and Bul warmed us with his power. The Sins then gave their power to their five children, who have no parents except for the elements that give them their lives, each would controled the land that has their parents names and created their own kingdom. 

Thousands years has passed and the five kingdoms have formed their own separated lands.

The Land of Water by far is the smallest yet deadliest out of the five. But still considered having the largest land, considered the ocean is also their land. Their land are located at the top and bottom end of the map, separated from the main land by water, embraced by their element. Hard to attack but easy to defense. Giving the harsh environment, the olds and youngs of this land are trained to be best of warriors and guard of the land despite their age. They also provided best of guard for the royal families, since they have an island called Island of Death, the place that no normal citizen would like to come in. The citizen in the Land of Water don't really like to communicate and react to pointless things, as they stated, but they are extremely loyal to their citizen and lands. Their symbol is pure white waves circling around, embracing the woman rising from the water on the blue flag. The child who was create deep in the centre of Ice, Min Yoongi, is the current King of Water.

Living at the fringe of the mainland are the citizen of the Land of Plants. This is the most comfortable and safest place of all five lands. The scenery of this land will amazed you to no end, and the fresh air with a hint of sweet can calm your mind after a stressful day. They are close neighbor to Land of Water and Earth, given that the lands are pretty close compare to others. They are the main bridge to make a contract between the citizen of mainland and the Land of Water, nobody rejects this idea, for the citizen in the Land of Plants are usually cheerful, happy and kind, materials husband and wife are come from this joyful land. Their symbol is green vines circling around the golden scepter which hold the power of light on the black flag. The child who was born in the pistil of the Sunflower, Jung Hoseok, is the King of Plants.

The neighbor of the cheerful Sunshine Childrens is the calmer Land of the Earth. If the Childrens of Water's calm is to the edge of cold (literally), then the Sons (or Daughters, depends on your gender) of Mother Earth are more warm-hearted, they are calm in most of situation and barely get angry at all, their power spread among the main land but more specifically in their own area. Their land was rough and tough, mostly mountainous, so they need Sunshine Childrens to help them with plants supplies. The Childrens of Mother Earth love to explore and learning, maybe because they want to explore the land, the essence of their life, or maybe they are just curious, maybe both, no one knows. But thanks to that, they have the best map makers in the whole land, mainland map, saving lots of lives and money for Metal Childs. Their flag has the symbol of a man sitting on a throne of rock on a dark orange flag. The child who consumed life and knowledge from Mother Earth, Kim Namjoon, is the King of Earth.

The land of Metal is a little bit more complicated, since they love to make things complicated, and most of the time it don't turn out really well, so they need the Mother Earth's childs to help them solving their problems. Best alchemists are born here, they have good knowledge with metals so they provide the best weapons for every land. Not really good at controlling emotion, given that their environment is pretty hot, that might be the reason why they are so clumsy, despite their talent in blacksmith. An armored man with his long sword held high is the proud symbol of their land. The child who was borned from the sword of Sin, Jae Junghwan, is the King of Metal.

Red Flower Childs, however, might be the most hot-headed citizen in the whole land of Sageo, given that they live in the centre of the mainland, surround by volcanoes, still functional. Opposite to the Land of Water, Land of Fire is easy to attack, but hard to defense, but once you think back about their power, they don't even need to defense. They are very aggressive, and always demand for the best, and they will smash everything in their sight if they are not in the good mood, which is most of the time. All of the citizen from the mainland (excluding Red Flower Child) have, will, and must try to separate the Children of Water and Red Flower Child apart, and they success more than sixty percents because of the difference in living places, another twenty percents because the Children of Water don't really give a about anything at all, and the Red Flower Child don't want to involve with citizen not from the mainland. But when it come to elements fight, fist fight, (hell, even cat fight!), those two are the best when against each other. Their symbol is a flame flower, a mix of red, yellow and white. The past King of Fire just passed, and the citizen are still waiting for the next King to arise.

But deep in the underground, there is one more Land that are yet to describe. The Abandon Land, where the traitors and the murderers of all the elements live, separated from everyelse, surrounding by darkness. And strangely, they also formed a kingdom underground, but none

All of the kings are still very young, but thanks to the past royal families, they can have the best education in order to be good kings to their nation.


Six years has passed ever since he was born. Jung Hoseok is now the happy cheerful six years old king that everyone loves and adores. With light brown hazelnut hair that reflect the light; bright green eyes that are filled with sparkles, joy and happiness; pair of think pink lips that always have a smile on them; he successfully become the cutest and most welcomed king in the Land of Plants. 

Jung Hoseok is really excited these few days, tomorrow is his birthday, and he will also have his own Personal Guard! And he can't wait to meet them! When he meet them, they are going to be friends! Best of friends! Then they going to play together! And Hoseok will take them to his Secret Garden to play! And they will be friend with him and protect him until the end! Hoseok will never abandon a friend! So they don't need to go back to the Island of Death! It is going to be so fun! 

Contrast from normal guard, the royal's Personal guard is a special being in the land of Sageo. They are born only to serve for only one and one only. The kids from all elements (which is quite rare, since most of the kid are Children of Water, since the Island is quite near their land, and the parents from the mainland loves their kids dearly, and they also have better protection) who are being abandoned or orphanage all go to the Island of Death, where they are being trained with the cruelest way ever, the strongest will be the one who is left. Kids from the same age are put in an area with no one else but them, small amount of food is provide every week and become lessened as the number of surviving kid also lessen. Fighting for food is the second purpose they have for life, the first purpose is to serve the one who save them, or more wide known as their master, the royal families. But sometime most of the kid in the Land of Water just come here to train for themselve, then return at weekend. Not intended to be funny, but all of the kids here, despite the difference of elements, all have the same cold face as the Children of Water. 

The Personal Guard will always follow their owners' order and no one but their owners', even if it cost their life, and will always do their best to proctect their masters. They are born for only there master, so unless their masters abandon them and they have to go back to the Island to wait for their new one, when their master died, they will also follow. That's why Personal Guard, especially king's, have really high status, even higher than the king's wife (in the king's case, that is).

Remembering what nanny has taught him about Personal Guard, Hoseok's eyes filled with determination. When he meet his guard, he will give them the every best thing he has, he will not let them suffer!

Hoseok fall asleep with a smile on his face. Having completely no idea that he will break this promise in the future, causing him, and the one that he adores and loves, great pain and regret.


Hoseok finds himself in a strange place, but then again, considering his age, everywhere (except for his land) can be strange. He is stading in the middle of a jungle, in front of a lake, surround him are trees and spread to infinity, he cannot sees the end of it. Seeing that he has no where to go, Hoseok walks closer to the lake, it makes him feels safer than those dark woods.

He sits down at the edge of the lake, playing and talking with the small plants and flowers around him. It is really peaceful and calm, and then he hears the sound of water drops. And he swears that there is no wind, and the lake is completely still (well, until then), and there is no animal under the water (the water is to clear to be true). 

Hoseok takes two steps back while looking closely at the lake surface, especially at the giant rock that appear out of nowhere in the middle of the lake. And when he thinks that he is going to fall asleep from looking to long without blinking, a shadow slowly appear at the water surface next to the rock.

It is going to come out! He is fully on guard now, and the fact that he cannot asks the plants for help don't help much, it frightened him how he cannot use his power here! 

But as he about to run, forget about everything here and straight into the jungle, a creature comes out from behind the rock, and Hoseok feels his breath stop.


"Your Highness, you need to wake up. It is your birthday. Your Highness!" 

Who is calling him? No! He wants to sleep, too tired, and the bed is to warm, he doesn't want to get up right now. Go away.

"Your Highness, your need to wake up right now. You need to go to the Island right now, or else you will be late!"

No, he wants to sleep- Wait- What you say? Island? Late? No!

Hoseok jumps out from his bed and aim straight for the bathroom, leaving the maids dumbfounded by his action.

After wasting few more hours getting prepared and eating breakfast, Hoseok is ready for his trip to the island.

"Is my guard going to be a boy?"

"Or is my guard going to be a girl?"

"Are they at the same age at me?"

"Are they pretty?"

"I heard that they are really strong! Isn't that so cool?"

"Can they live in the same room with me?"

"Can we play at the Secret Garden?"

"Can we go to-"

"Can we play-"

"Can we-"

"Can-"

"-"

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" The maid who are with Jung Hoseok right now finally snap, and anyone can see her veins popping up at her neck. And she can hears her fellow friends laughing at her. What kind of friends laughing on your misery? (Answer: Bestfriend)

"Yes?" Hoseok looks up at her with sparkles in his eyes, unaware of what he just did.

"By the time we get there, you will choose a guard for your own, and you can choose whoever you like. And you can do whatever you want with them."  She tries her best to put on a smile. Your Highness is still small, and he is cute, so calm down, calm down, breath in, breath out, relax.

"Really? Then I cannot wait to meet them!" He smiles brightly at the maid with a light blush on his chubby cheek, making everyone on the boat dies from cuteness overloaded.


Hoseok cannot smiles that brightly again as they arrive at the destination, he changes from an angle to a scared bunny.

The Island is surround by dark clouds, and there are fogs everywhere. Not to tell it is cold here, and Hoseok is (definitely) not really a fan of coldness. As they walk to the gate, he meets the citizens from other nation for the first time.

The citizens from the Land of Water gives him chill (metaphortically and literally), they have this cold stare that scared him to no end. But there clothes is really awesome, it has blue and white and it is fuzzy, way different from his land's green one. He cannot wait to meet other citizen from other Nation!

The normal guards guide them to an arena room, where he can see all of the Guard that he can choose for his own. Today is weekend, so all of the Guards are resting in their position right now, but still ready for him to choose.

Hoseok doesn't really like this kind of choosing, it feels like he is choosing a thing, not a citizen. It makes him feels uneasy and more determined to make his Guard's life better!

"These are the Guards that are trainned to be the best of Guards for the Kings, they have defeat thousands of citizens and they are the only ones who are still standing. Please point out the Guard and we will bring them to you." The guards, seeing that the King barely past six years old, decide to change some of the words to be more appropiate for the young King.

Hoseok excitedly standing at the fence while looking down at all of the kids who are going to be his new Guard. All of them are standing in their position, back straight, face calm, around his age, waiting for him to choose.

Hoseok sees a variation of blue eyes, sometimes a little bit of green, red, brown, yellow, but it was rare. They are all look awesome! And he doesn't really know who to choose.

You will know when you see them. Easier said than done. Hoseok scoffs.

Then suddenly, he glances across a beautiful pair of shapphire eyes, the same pair of eyes he saw in his dream. Speaking about dream, it is kind of shame that he woke up before he can see the citizen, but he will never forget those eyes, those beautiful eyes.

The boy, barely older than him, unlike anyone else, is sitting in the corner of the arena, glaring at him. Glaring at him with those eyes, those unnatural beautiful eyes, like those of the mythical dragons from the fairy tales stories. Sharp, cold, cruel, but beautiful. Breath-taking beautiful.

Hoseok finds himself lost of words as he look at the boy and without knowing it, points his finger directly to the sapphire-eye citizen. As he realizes what he is doing, he looks hopefully at the guards.

"Him!" He suddenly says, voice cracking a little bit from excitement. "I-I want him!"

The guards look over to the direction and immidiately narrow their eyes. One of them looks back at Hoseok.

"Your Highness, I am afraid that we cannot bring him to you." 

"Why not?" Hoseok, the usual happy and cheerful king, is sad now. He has found the perfect citizen to be his Guard! The perfect one! And the guards said he cannot pick him! That is so unfair for the boy and himself!

Both of the guards have the same troubled look on their face, as if to decide if they should tell him something or not. But upon seeing the look on on the young king face, they decide to tell the (half-)truth.

"Your Highness, the boy is said to cause big change to the whole land, so he had been brought to this Island ever since he was born to avoid that. And the boy also grows attached to this Island and doesn't want to leave. He has almost injured some other royal members when they wanted to take him away. We are just afraid that you will be injured by him."

Hoseok nodded. Based on what they said, Hoseok can somewhat understands the reason why they won't let him has the boy. The prophets must have predicted another thing, and this thing is about that boy. And the fact that this deadly island is like home to him don't help much. But Hoseok wants him. He knows that the boy has to be his Guard!

"Just bring him to me."

"But Your Highness, he is dangerous."

"Just bring him to me." 

No matter how many time the guards try to persuade the young king, the answer is still always that. The guards sigh.


It is him who wants to have the boy. It is him who fights back to the guard. It is him who insist on choosing this one. Then why does Hoseok still standing there without saying anything to the boy?

Hoseok looks at the black hair boy in front of him, fidgeting every now and then, circling his thumbs and glancing at the citizen with his head low. He shouldn't be like this, right? After all, it is him who ask for it. And he is also the one who ask to be alone with the boy. So stupid of him.

He noticed the boy raises an eyebrown at him, even his eyebrowns are beautiful! 

Not wanting to have a bad first image to his going-to-be Guard, he takes a deep breath and looks straight at the boy. Only to lower his shoulder a little bit when he realizes the boy's eye narrowed. 

Where is his image of being a King?! Where is it?! Get yourself together Jung Hoseok!

"I-I am Jung Hoseok! King of the Land of Plants! I-I want y-you to be my Guard!" He practically yells from the top of his lungs, voice cracking a little bit.

He looks hopefully at the raven, stares straight into his eyes, like he will jump and hug the boy and won't let go if he say 'no'.

After a long time of awkward silence, the boy finally opens his mouth.

"Me. Your Guard. What for." It is simple, maybe because he only know how to fight, and he barely speak to anyone else. But Hoseok loves his voice, the boy's voice is just a little bit lower than his, but still have that significant kid's voice, it is cute. Hoseok is more determined, he will teach the boy how to read, speak and write!

"Because I want you! I want only you to be my Guard!" Hoseok steps closer to the boy. "I know that it has to be you! Just you! No one else could be my Guard! You are the one for me!" Hoseok is smilling right now, and standing barely two feet from the boy. Even though the boy is older, he barely taller than Hoseok due to the lack of food.

"The one. For you. Weak. Midget." The boy states, before kneeling down in front of Hoseok. "From now on, my life and body is completely yours, and no one else's but yours. Master." 

This surprised Hoseok. Not only because the boy just said a full sentence (and the only sentence that every Guard have to study before being train), it also because Hoseok cannot believe how easy it was.

Done? Already? No fighting or anything at all?

Is not that Hoseok want to fight, he is just surprised, because based on what the guards said, he thought that he would have to put up the fight to win the boy's trust. And now he doesn't have to do it.

The boy's still kneeling and Hoseok has to do something. Anything! 

"F-from now on, you are my and only Guard, you only listen to me and only to me. Your life and fate is in my hand and no one else." He forgot just a little bit in the middle, but no one care. He doesn't, he is the King, and he doubts that the Children of Water will care that little thing. "You may now rise."

The boy standing up, still keeping his head low. He is now Hoseok's Guard, his only Guard.

This thought makes Hoseok feels hype and satisfied. And he wants to claim him right now.

"And about your name. Seokjin. Seok from Hoseok, Jin from Jin Sil Ham. Seokjin."

Seokjin, you are mine now.


Description + Translation:

Sageo (사거): Saga
Sin (신): God
Jigu (지구): Earth
Namu (나무): Wood
Geumsog (금속): Metal
Mul (물): Water
Bul (불): Fire
Jin Sil Ham (진실함): True

Nobody in the land of Sageo is human. They are called citizen instead of people/person.
The Chosen King is not mortral born, not born from any parents. They are born from the elements or the environment around them.
Only the last King died did the new King is born.
Every royal members only have one Personal Guard each. The King's Guard has the highest status in the whole land, only lower than the King.

End of chapter 1