Five years later

JUST FOR ONE HOUR
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A cup of hot chocolate accompanied a long haired girl on the corner of a café. Her head bowed down and her eyes focused to the book on her lap. Her long black hair covered the side of her face. Sometimes she fixed her glasses before flipping the page of the book and continued reading it. She was still drowning into her world when her phone buzzed loudly inside her backpack.

 

Without turned her head from the book she read, that girl fished her phone and took a glance on its screen. A certain name was displayed there. A smile gradually appeared on her face. There was a text from a person who she waited for.

 

I’m still on my way to go there. Wait for me, okay?

 

She replied that message quickly before placing her phone back into her backpack. 

 

Okay. I’ll wait you here.

 

That girl looked at her watch. It had been thirty minutes she sat alone there. She sighed softly. She grabbed a mug on her table and took a sip of the almost cold chocolate drink. Her time was limited. An hour more she must go to airport for her flight with her girl band members to Tokyo. They would hold her solo concert there. 

 

Few minutes later an American guy with dark brown hair arrived into the café. He panted heavily after having a sprint for approximately fifteen minutes from the hotel he was stayed. His blue orbs scanned every corner of the room. He cracked a bright smile when he spotted a girl who sat on the seat of table near the window. That girl still looked down with her long hair covered the side of her face. The guy quickly approached her. 

 

"Joe?" He called her with a wide smile plastered on his face.

 

She stopped reading her book. She looked up slowly while putting her book on the table. "Alex?" She quickly stood up and hugged the guy who stood in front of her. 

 

"Finally we can meet again. I really miss you, Amber Josephine Liu.” Alex whispered in English while hugging her tightly. 

 

"Me too." Amber took off her hands from him. "Let’s sit!"

 

Then they sat down and talked in English since Alex couldn’t speak Korean. They started look at each other, observed their appearances. 

 

"You look so beautiful. You let your hair grow? Do my Josephine is back?" He asked. 

 

Amber chuckled softly. "Thanks." She looked around before leaning closer and whispering to him. "But I’m in disguise now. I borrowed this wig from Luna."

 

Alex nodded slightly. "But you look really beautiful with that long hair, Joe. Why you don’t let it grow?"

 

"Alex, we already talked about this many times and you know what’s my reason, right?" asked her. 

 

"Because you need to keep this character you’ve been built for a long time?" asked him. 

 

"Exactly!" She nodded and smiled. "I don’t believe that we can meet again."

 

"Me too. It has been five years since that concert on Los Angeles. I always follow your progress with f(x). You guys will hold your first solo concert at Japan, right? Congratulation!" said him. 

 

"Thank you, Alex. Tonight we will fly to Tokyo. Tomorrow we will hold a concert there", explained her.

 

"Tonight?" Alex surprised. "So, I really come on the wrong time?" He mumbled.

 

"It’s not like that..." Amber mumbled. 

 

"How long the time left for us?" asked him. 

 

She took a glance on her watch. "Around an hour, I guess. I must back to the apartment. My manager will us to the airport."

 

"One hour? Okay. I will walk you home. Tell me where you currently live in." He offered. 

 

She looked at him in disbelief. "Comeback home? Now? But..."

 

"You want us to waste our limited time by chilling on this café? I don’t come this far to Seoul only for doing that, Joe." He stood up and offered his hand. "Come on!"

 

She quickly tossed her book into her backpack. Then she stood up and took his hand. They left the café by walking hand-in-hand. 

 

"Where will we going to?" She asked him while wearing her backpack.

 

Alex shrugged. "I don’t know. I’m only a guest here. As a good host, you should take me hangout around here." He stole a glance to the girl who walked beside him. 

 

 

"There are a lot of good places that you must visit at Seoul but I don’t have enough time to accompany you." She looked down. "Sorry. If only you come here when I’m less busy.” 

 

"It’s okay. You don’t need to say sorry." Alex flashed a smile. "I promise I will come again on the right time so we can spend our time together."

 

Amber nodded in agreement. "So, what make you come here? I’m really surprised when you said you were on Seoul last night. I thought you joked around."

 

"You." Alex replied shortly.

 

"ME?" Amber looked at him in disbelief. "Why me?" She started confused. 

 

"Because I really miss you so I specially flied from L.A. to Seoul only to meet you, Joe", replied him. 

 

Amber blushed slightly. "Don’t kidding around, Alex!" She laughed and playfully hit her best friend’s arm. 

 

Alex stopped walking. "I’m not kidding.  Didn’t I tell you before that I really missed you?" He looked deeply at her. "Am I wrong if I want to see you?"

 

"It’s not like that, Alex. I mean..." She replied. 

 

"Can’t I come here to meet you?" He cut her words. 

 

She shook her head lightly. "I... Actually, I’m really happy that you willing to spare your time to meet me here. But the plane ticket is quite expensive, Alex. I don’t want you spend your money for something that useless and not really important like this."

 

He crossed his arms on his chest. "So, do you mean that meeting you here is useless and not important for me? Listen, Joe! I came here only for seeing you directly with my own eyes. I hoped we could spend our time together like we used to when we were still students at L.A. I came here for havi

Please log in to read the full chapter