Chapter 3

Unsolved Past

Chapter 3

Yoochun ran into the bathroom as he filled a small bucket with cold water. He searched the cupboard as he found a thick blanket and some fabric. He used it to compress Jaejoong’s fever. The man was lying, trembling in cold on the sofa since Jaejoong refused to be laid on the same bed as his son; he was afraid he would infect his son.

“Jaejoong, do you have any fever medicine?” Yoochun asked but Jaejoong didn’t answer. Yoochun decided to search for himself as he found a thermometer and a box of medicine inside a cabinet. He put the thermometer into Jae’s mouth and waited for a few minutes.

He took the device and read it, it was 3.90 Celsius degree for God’s sake! Jaejoong was definitely sick. Yoochun took the fever medicine and fed it to Jaejoong with a glass of water he took before. He hoped it would let the fever go down.

Still praying in his heart and holding Jaejoong’s hand, Yoochun’s eyes started to wonder around. He realized the flat was quite empty; there was only some basic stuff. He wondered how Jaejoong’s life had been like. 

“Umm…Chunnie,” Jaejoong mumbled incoherently.

“What’s it?” Yoochun asked as he turned around, facing the half-conscious man.

“What should….I do?” Jaejoong asked, still mumbling.

“What do you mean?” Yoochun asked again.

“You can’t leave me, Chunnie ah…” Jaejoong mumbled as he drifted to his slumber. Yoochun shook his head as he told himself that Jaejoong was probably daydreaming because the fever. He decided to check on Hyoobin and the boy was still sleeping silently on the bed. 

Yoochun decided he should spend the night there. He wanted to make sure this two people would be fine. Yoochun searched for another blanket as he used it to cover himself. He was leaning on the sofa, where Jaejoong laid on.

He could feel his eyelids started to feel heavy; he couldn’t really sleep well this day. One reason for sure was he’s busy stalking and wondering why Jaejoong hated him.

Almost dripped to his slumber, Yoochun woke up because Jaejoong’s sudden movement. The unconscious man started to mumble incoherently again.

“Jae…Shh, go to sleep, I’ll be here, don’t worry,” Yoochun said as he turned around, using the sofa as his head support and caressed Jaejoong’s hair. He stared at the beautiful face. He had forgotten how beautiful Jaejoong was. 

That was when something hit him, he remembered now. He used to go out with Jaejoong! But then, he needed to move into another town. Then, what happened? Yoochun couldn’t remember.

“Chunnie…please don’t leave me…” Jaejoong kept mumbling,” I don’t know…what I should do without you here…”

“Jae?” Yoochun called the name again as he was sure Jaejoong’s eyes were opened a bit just now.

“Please…don’t leave…I’m…” Jaejoong couldn’t finish his sentence as he drifted back to his slumber. That definitely made Yoochun curious. Jaejoong clearly stated he didn’t like meeting Yoochun again but why the man kept mumbling to Yoochun to not leaving him?



---

Yoochun woke up with a slap this morning. Yes, a slap on his right cheek. It even left red mark and he was sure girls would think he was a maniac or something.

“I told you I’m sorry…” Jaejoong spoke for the thousand times but Yoochun somehow didn’t want to forgive him. So here’s the story. Jaejoong woke up and his fever already cured. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw Park Yoochun’s face in front of him. Surprised, Jaejoong slapped Yoochun and woke the poor man. Jaejoong thought Yoochun did something to him when he was asleep, blame the naughty thought.

“Yoochun…” Jaejoong called again as he sat next to the slapped-man on the couch. Yoochun already took Hyoobin to his pre-school this morning and decided to skip work today to watch out for Jaejoong if the fever coming back. And of course, to make sure no one in his office saw him with red hand mark on his cheek.

“OK,” Yoochun finally spoke up,” So we’re cool right?”

“…I guess so,” Jaejoong said as he cursed himself for being too soft. He was supposed to hate this Park Yoochun his entire life but he just couldn’t.

“We need to do some catching up,” Yoochun finally spoke as he continued,” What happened to you after I leave back there?”

Jaejoong bit his lips; he certainly didn’t want to talk about this. He hated to talk about that hard time he had been though alone. Yoochun realized the tense atmosphere and he decided to change the topic.

“Can you cook something for me?” Yoochun asked,” I kind of hungry…”

“Sure,” Jaejoong went to his kitchen and made anything he could make with the ingredients inside his medium-sized fridge. Yoochun decided to check out the house once again as he waited. He looked around to the cabinet where he found medicine box last night. Then, he realized something. There’s an asthma inhaler there.

“Jaejoong ah, since when do you have asthma?”

“Oh, it’s not me, it’s Hyoobin,” Jaejoong explained,” He used to have it when he was a baby…”

Yoochun put the inhaler back as he wondered. Didn’t he also use to have asthma? He knew how bad the attack could be. He was just more than glad that Hyoobin was healthy now.

“It’s done!” Jaejoong called as Yoochun got his free lunch; it was his favorite rice omelet. He was surprised Jaejoong remembered it.



---

Yoochun finally got back to his apartment. He was kind of exhausted. He had been fetching Hyoobin that day and took care of Jaejoong. He glad the fever didn’t come back.

Sighing, Yoochun laid himself on his bed. He missed his bed after sleeping leaning on the couch the other night. He was about to close his eyes and slept when his i-phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?” he talked lazily on the phone.

“Good evening, Mr. Park. I’m Angela from s3adolphin private investigator,” a woman voice echoed as Yoochun finally realized he did rent a private investigator a week ago to search for Jaejoong’s background and such. He was curious back there why Jaejoong hated him.

“OK, so what did you find out?” Yoochun somehow not really interested on it anymore but listened wouldn’t hurt, he told himself.

“It appeared that Jaejoong-sshi became pregnant after you left the town seven years ago. That’s why he stopped his education and started working for the pregnancy bills and such,” the woman explained.

“Wait a minute,” Yoochun interrupted as he got up from the bed, beginning to get serious,” He has his parents, right? Why they don’t help him?”

“Well, Jaejoong-sshi had a fight with his parents because he didn’t want to do an abortion and wouldn’t tell his parents who the father was. His parents didn’t want to lose their dignity and abandoned Jaejoong-sshi. That was why Jaejoong-sshi never kept contact with his parents till now,” the woman explained.

“So…you don’t know who Hyoobin’s father is?” Yoochun asked.

“We did some research and experiment in our own way, and we found out that…Your DNA is a match with Hyoobin’s…So, you’re definitely Hyoobin’s father, Mr. Park…”

“WHAT?!” Yoochun shouted so loudly till the woman thought she was going to be deaf.

“Our suspicion started when we found out Hyoobin had asthma and so you were, Mr, Park,” Angela explained,” I’ve sent the DNA test to your mailbox for confirmation…”

“OK, thanks,” Yoochun closed the line as he stormed his mailbox. There was a brown map there and he was afraid to open it. Deciding to fight his fear, Yoochun did open it and read the content. It was said he’s definitely Hyoobin’s father.