|| Masks

Outcast

Side note before we start: When I had a bolded name on top of the text its from that persons pov. Anyways enjoy!

 

Mina

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring, telling me it's time to come out of my hiding. I groan, trying to ignore the noise, but it seems that as time goes by the sound gets louder.  I turn over reaching for my alarm when pain shoots through my body forcing me to coil back up into my ball.

Slowly, making sure to not move to quick, I pull down the sleeve of my shirt to see marks and bruises starting to form by my wrist and elbow. Great, more things to cover up. I extend my arm out once again and tap the alarm, silence not only filling my room but the whole house, leaving a cold like feeling in the air.

Every morning it's the same thing: wake up, curl up in pain, take a cold shower, walk down stairs, put a smile on my face and leave to school. Same old thing everyday. 

I groan, hauling myself out of bed and into the shower to freshen up, avoiding the image of myself in the mirror. I wash myself slowly, trying to avoid pain. Twenty minutes later I'm out of the shower and start to get dressed.

I opt for a sweater and ripped jeans knowing it'll cover up what I need it to and then proceed to apply light makeup. Once ready, I stride down stairs to grab a protein bar before I leave only to come across a post-it note plastered on the fridge. 

You're father and I will be in France for a business trip. We put $2,000 in your account

and if you need anything else go to Taeyeon and Key. We'll be back in a month probably.

---Mom

I throw the note in the garbage, rolling my eyes. Ever since I was young, my parents were never home, neglecting me to be raised by the maids and butlers that stay in the guest house. The only time they ever act like real parents is in front of the cameras and press.

My "parents" are the proud owners of Chou Entertainment, leading company in the arts. It trains idols, actors, models, and dancers which is why Chou Entertainment is such a success. Because of their oh so wonderful entertainment business, I've grown up with basically no parents.

The most parent like they are is when we are surrounded by cameras, other than that my parents are either out or nagging at me to not "disgrace the family name." In addition to being parentless, I'm consistently followed by groups of people, all trying to take pictures of me and dig up false rumors.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to tell you something! I model as well. Modeling was always a passion and dream of mine, ever since young, and I just kind of fell into it as I grew older.

With my already established fame from my parents it wasn't very hard to sky rocket my passion into a career and eventually I started becoming less know as "The Child of Chou Entertainment" and more known as "The up and coming Model Chou Mina."

This fact has brought some joy into my somewhat lonely life but sometimes I wish I could go back to being a regular student. Just trade my fame for....normality. It would make my life so much more simple, less worrisome and stressful. But fame is a double edge sword, and I traded my privacy for my dreams and I have to deal with it. After all, I might as well not dwell on the things I can't change.

A vibration in my pocket shoots me out of my thoughts. I pull out my phone, not bothering to check the caller ID, as I hed towards the door to leave.

"It's Mina" I utter.

"How's my beautiful girl doing this morning?" 

I freeze in my place, slightly dwelling the fact I didn't check who was calling beforehand.

"Hello Mingyu."

"Such a formal way to treat your boyfriend, don't you think?"

I roll my eyes. Yeah, what a boyfriend.

"Anyways, where are you babe? I've been waiting outside for five minutes already."

"Yeah, sorry, I was just grabbing some food."

"Okay, well hurry out, I'm getting annoyed waiting. And you know how I get when I'm annoyed."

A shiver runs down my spine. Memories from the previous night flashing through my brain. I shake my head, trying to shake off the scenes that are replaying.

"Yes I'll be right out." 

With one last bye, the line cuts off and I scurry to the door, not wanting to keep Mingyu waiting. I check my appearance one last time in the mirror before leaving, making sure the makeup serves it's purpose and the the shirt sleeves are down.

With one last glimpse of myself in the mirror I rush out the door, briskly walk towards Mingyu car. I hop in the car and receive a greeting kiss from Mingyu. Once in my seat he ignites the engine and strides off towards our school.

When we get to school Mingyu gets out to open the door for me and grabs my hand to proceed into the halls. People star at us in envy and jealousy as we walk to my class, wishing to be just like us.  

People greet me and Mingyu as we walk down the halls. I plaster a smile on my face and act like the bubbly person I'm portrayed to be.  And just like this, I proceed about my morning, giving warm greeting to those that stare, laughing at jokes my friends tell, and keeping a smile on my face even though it may not be real.

Because it's scary what a smile can hide.


 

Hello Everybody!!!!

Yes I know I've been gone for quite a bit and I'm sorry. I've been really busy with exams and such but It's summer break so I will have a lot more free time from now one.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a bit different from the rest. It took me awhile to write it as well because I  wanted to make sure everything sounded great~ :D

I'm starting to get a bit more familiar in my writing style so I hope to get better at writing as this goes on.

Anyways please tell me what you think about Outcasts so far It's really appreciated!!!! (Honestly any feedback is appreciated)

What do you think about Mina? How did she get those bruises? And most importantly........SEVENTEENS Mingyu appearance in this!!

Anyways I'm going to go because I'm talking way to much. Don't forget to subscribe AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!

~ Irene ( =_^=)/

Ps: I haven't edited it yet so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes :/