2/2

The Note

a/n: sooo this was supposed to be a one shot but its kinda long that i had to cut it into two parts. im sorry if the story was confusing lol. enjoy!

 

*

 

Jin was never a good brother. He was never there for his sister when she had her first heart break. He never really told her how much he loves her, that he was sorry for not being a better brother. That he had always wanted to protect her but failed because he himself is afraid of hurting.

But he would not let anyone hurt his sister now. Now that Sojung finally had someone she cared for.

“And how long have they been dating?” the man across of Jin asked, never taking his eyes off of the two girls who were happily walking out of the coffee shop. He intently stared at their intertwined hands, not out of disgust but of confusion.

“Three years,” Jin said as he turned his head to where the two girls were. He simply turned his head to look the other man in the eye before saying, “Now you know part of the reason why Eunbi and I can’t marry together. They love each other, and that is something I don’t want anyone to ruin. Not even you, dad.”

 

*

 

The phone rang, it was noise echoing through the apartment. Eunbi sleepily nudged Sojung off the bed, forcibly pushing her towards the phone.

Sojung cursed as she reluctantly reached for the phone, irritated that some douche-bag decided to call at such an hour.

“What?”

“Where’s Eunbi? I need to talk to her.”

Sojung remained silent. She took a deep breath before saying.

“She’s sleeping,”

Jin hesitated for a while, he cleared his throat and closed his eyes before saying, “It’s about the marriage.”

 

*

 

This was certainly important, much more important than her sleep itself.

Eunbi unconsciously breathed through her nose. Sensing her nervousness, Jin casted his eyes down to the two cups of coffee on the table.

“When… does he want to meet?” She asked him.

Jin took the cup in his hands and sipped the drink. Seconds later, he spat it out back to the cup and asked the waiter for another drink.

“How can you drink black coffee? It tastes so bitter and-“

He immediately stopped when he saw Eunbi gripping her phone, her knuckles white from too much force.

His face softened.

“Two days from now,”

Jin noticed the red marks on Eunbi’s neck and widely grinned. He laughed, lifted his hand and points at the marks, chuckling as he remembered the band-aids from last time.

“Again?”

Eunbi tried her best to avoid his curious eyes, embarrassed at the thought of her exposed neck. Her cheeks turning pink, and she slowly covered the marks with what little concealment the collar of her shirt provides.

“So, Sojung is the one in control whenever you guys make love?“ Jin teased.

“Sh-shut up, oppa.”

Jin laughed at the stuttering girl. He absentmindedly covered his mouth, repressing his laughter but horribly failed when he saw the girl’s reddened cheeks. Noticing Eunbi’s agitation, he quickly stopped and wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes.

“Eunbi?” His tone rather calm, very different from earlier.

“What now?”

“Everything will work out.”

 

*

 

“What did he say?”

Eunbi opened her eyes to Sojung’s wet kisses.

“N-nothing,”

“Don’t lie to me.”

She felt herself shiver at every kiss. She slightly yelped when Sojung made her way down to her navel, softly kissing and nibbling her stomach. Eunbi bit her lip when she felt Sojung’s hot breath against her ears, sending waves of pleasure to her senses.

Eunbi’s heart fluttered at every touch and kisses, her mind wanting to stop and tell Sojung she’s tired and she wanted some sleep. But her body doing otherwise, she felt herself tighten as Sojung’s hand teasingly touched her thighs; her moan was then cut short when Sojung pushes her tongue in, the roof of , tasting the black coffee Eunbi had earlier.

Her fingernails dug deep into Sojung’s arm, and she was once again left hanging when Sojung decided to break the kiss.

Her mind recalled Jin’s earlier words.

“So, Sojung is in control whenever you guys make love?”

She hissed at the pain when Sojung aggressively bit her shoulder, leaving a rather deep teeth mark. Sojung proudly smirked when she saw the red spots on Eunbi’s neck.

“Don’t cover them.” Sojung softly whispered into Eunbi’s ears.

With her fingers, Sojung lightly traced the marks on Eunbi’s neck.

“These marks,”

 

*

 

Eunbi stifled  a yawn and flipped through the pages of an out-dated magazine, smiling when the hot beverage touched her tongue. The bitterness might be disgusting to Jin, but to her it tasted sugary, almost like cotton-candy. It tasted and smelled like Sojung, and drinking it reminded her of how she first met the girl, so ordering a cup of hot black coffee had been a habit ever since.

Jin suppressed a laugh when he noticed new sets of marks on Eunbi’s neck. He raised his eyebrow when he noticed Eunbi not doing anything to cover her neck, now full of love marks, old and new alike.

“I’m right,” he mentally said.

Sojung is the one in control, no wonder Eunbi was always tired whenever he saw her. And it’s not like they meet often either. And with each meeting, the number of red marks constantly increased.

“Oppa, what do I say when I see him?” Eunbi desperately asked, redirecting his attention back to the topic at hand.

Of course there are millions of things she wanted to tell him. She wanted to tell him how much she loves his daughter, how much she’s willing to give up for Sojung, tell him how much his daughter was hurting because of this. She wanted to tell him so many things, things that probably did not matter to him. And she knew that if she did not convince him, the next time she would see Sojung, it’s going to be as her sister-in-law, and not as her lover.

Eunbi bit her lips as the thought of losing Sojung crosses her mind.

“Just tell him how you feel,” Jin finally said. Although he himself was not sure, he figured the only way to calm the girl was to give her the most generic answer he can offer. He hurriedly jumped out of his seat and said teasingly, after taking another glance at her neck.

“Eunbi? Tell Sojung I get what she’s trying to show me.”

 

*

 

Sojung smiled into the kiss when she was reminded of Jin’s answer. Her message was somewhat subtle, a bit out of the ordinary – maybe odd – but subtle nonetheless. And she’s content that her brother knew she won’t let Eunbi go without a fight.

She’s not willing to give Eunbi to anyone at all.

Sojung intertwined her fingers with Eunbi’s trembling ones, reassuring the girl that everything will be just fine, but she knew very well that things are not. Her lips swiftly grazing Eunbi’s swollen ones, her tongue weakly touched Eunbi’s bottom lip.

“What did your brother mean when he said he got what you’re trying to show him?” Eunbi asked, breathless. She possessively wrapped her arms around Sojung’s neck.

“He means,” Sojung kissed each love marks on Eunbi’s neck, each kiss is slow, her hot breath tickling Eunbi’s sensitive skin. Sojung raked her teeth along Eunbi’s collarbone, and finally to her ear where Sojung whispered dryly, “He means he understands that you’re mine.”

 

*

 

Eunbi found Jin idly standing beside the door, she looked at him, anxiety written all over her face. And although he wanted to help, he told himself that it’s best if everything comes from Eunbi’s own mouth. He quickly motioned her inside the office, but before completely shutting the door, he called out to her, he then pumped his fists and mouthed the words ‘fighting’, hoping that it’ll somehow lessen the burden she’s feeling.

The room is big, it’s double the size of her bedroom and amidst the various antiques placed against the wall she spotted a picture, solely hanging beside the large window. Eunbi took a step closer to the picture, observing it as she squinted her eyes to the picture, smiling when she saw two little kids sitting side by side to a woman. The woman sported long and silky brown locks, her skin was pale, and her smile reminded Eunbi of Sojung.

“She looks like her mother,” The man finally spoke, his voice deep and Eunbi swore he sounds exactly like Jin.

Speaking of which, he might just be the older, not gay version of Jin.

“When my wife died, I occupied myself with work. I worked day and night, not knowing that I’ve somehow neglected my own children.” His voice cracked on the last few words of his sentence.

Eunbi remained stoic, unmoved. As if the presence of this man did not matter to her. Her face remained emotionless, but all she hears was her own heartbeat, pounding rapidly inside her chest. She swallowed the lump inside and curled her hands tightly when she heard him ask.

“I won’t beat around the bush then. Do you love Sojung as much as you claim?”

Eunbi considered her response before speaking, her stance quavering. She felt her palms getting sweaty and she slowly parted her lips for an answer.

“Yes.”

The man said nothing, his next question catching Eunbi off guard.

“What if I don’t agree?”

The determination in his voice scared Eunbi and she was suddenly left speechless. All she can hear was her own irregular breathing, and it frightened her that if she could not answer him quick, he’s going to take Sojung away from her.

“I… won’t let that happen.” She finally told him.

“And exactly how are you going to make it ‘not’ happen?” He asked, his eyes never leaving Eunbi.

“Your wife would’ve wanted what’s best for her children.” She answered him.

.

She immediately closed her eyes when she realized what she had just said. Talking about someone’s dead wife was not exactly the way to gain their trust.

And Eunbi just screwed her chance of ever getting away from this marriage.

She took a peek through her eye when she heard him chuckle. Her nerves easing down a bit when she saw him rummaging through his drawer. Eunbi stood silently, watching him go through things after things, eventually smiling when he finally found what he’s looking for.

Her eyes travelled down to his outstretched hand and she finally felt herself relaxing.

 

*

 

“That means he trusts you.”

Eunbi thought to herself, a surge of happiness washed her insecurities away. She secretly smiled at Jin’s statement, but kept it to herself because he will probably crash the car out of excitement if she told him his father gave her the pendant Sojung cherishes the most.

 

*

 

Two months later

 

“Where is it…” Eunbi frantically searched for the piece of paper, throwing her stuff all over the floor, leaving her closet a hot mess. She kicked the pair of shorts when she realized that maybe she had lost that paper when moving her stuff in with Sojung’s.

Sojung muted the TV and walked to where Eunbi was kneeling. She s her arms around Eunbi’s small waist and whispered into the girl’s ear.

“Just leave it alone, I promise to write you more of those in the future.”

“But you don’t understand!” Eunbi jumped up, tears welling in her eyes as she looked up at Sojung.

“That note, it’s important to me.”

Sojung giggled at Eunbi’s unusual behavior.

 

*

 

2 weeks later

 

“Sojung?”

Eunbi groggily rubbed her eyes when no response came, her vision adjusting to the light beaming from outside. She craned her neck to find the other side of the bed empty.

Tears filled her eyes when she saw different colourful notes stuck on the wall of their bedroom. Eunbi slowly walked over to a random notes, she mentally read the message and smiled. She walked to another one and this time, she read its content out loud, laughing at the message’s silliness.

Hello! I promised you like two weeks ago that I would write you more notes in the future, right? Well, here they are! Just don’t complain when our room become covered with all these little things~ I love you <3

Her heart fluttered at each word written on the paper.

Hi! Do you want to have my babies? ;)

This time, she found herself laughing out loud.

She shut her eyes when she felt hot breath brushing against her exposed neck.

“Do you like it?” Sojung asked, her lips never leaving Eunbi’s.

Eunbi simply nodded. She realized that throughout the years, Sojung had been nothing but understanding towards her and she felt slightly guilty for not being able to as romantic as the older girl.

But Sojung assured Eunbi that her love is already enough.

Sojung promised her that she will forever write messages to Eunbi.

And she kept her promise.

Every morning, Eunbi would wake up to new notes in her room. And every night, before sleeping, Sojung would always take down the old ones and replace them with newer ones, all of which contain words of love.