002

ghost orchid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

***

 

Taehyung's a bastard, but he was loved by the entire school population rendering it impossible for Hana to harm him in any sort of way. Although, this didn't mean she didn't dream of utterly destroying him each time of the day. (a lot more often that she liked to admit.)

"I just can't," she mutters inaudibly underneath her desk as the bell rings loudly indicating that classes were about to begin. Her eyes blink at the thought of might unfold within the time span of these few weeks. The last thing Hana would ever admit is that consistent hesistation to return to this hell hole.

Stoic faces paired with dazzling smiles graces the whole room as their teacher strolls into class. 

"Alright, welcome back class," the teacher drawls out with a strict stance, "are you ready for the school year?"

A group is yes's repeat back with a mixture of enthusiasm and hesitation mingled with the voices. Hana can only bite her lips nervously as the whole junior year class knows what awaits them in the near future. (but it's too late to turn back now — not when graduation was only a mere two years away.)

The Merlin's Tournament that occurs at the middle until end of the year for all junior and senior games. It determines the final rankings for each class, and this is what everyone has spent their whole live battling to prepare for. The moment to showcase their powers for the whole school to witness. Who wouldn't enjoy watching people struggle as they face challenges and fight each other as ambitions take over? 

Nonetheless, it's a time when grudges can finally be fully taken at end blast. Somehow, Hana doesn't think this is going to end well for her, or at any for that matter.

The voices in her head begin to tap out, and she bites her lip in blatant nervousness. (in which she would try to conceal if it wasn't already a public thought everyone most likely knew.)

 

"So it's about time," a voice sounds behind her with a satisfied smirk, "don't you think so?"

"Shut up, Haeri," she replies with a hint of annoyance blatantly laced in her words as she stares at the glittering obsidian eyes boring back at her. 

"Rude much? It's not my fault you chose to mess with us on our first day here." 

"It's not my ing fault that we went against each other in front of the class," Hana retorts back with exhaustion over how many times they had to repeat this damn topic. "Taehyung saved you in the end and nearly burned me alive, so what is the damn matter?"

"The embarrassment after nearly being destroyed by you was enough to fuel me."

In all honesty, it was quite bad on their first day in freshman year. Their teacher whom was supposed to teach them how to better manipulate their powers ended up assuming all of them could do the basic moves. This was far from correct for Haeri who used to be a simple, dense girl who had lived with non-magic users for almost all her life. 

Hana was pushed to fight her using their powers, and to be frank, only stuck to the simplest moves due to her basic knowledge. However, she was not aware that Haeri was incapable of battling until later into the powers when the latter didn't even try a spark of magic. It rendered her speechless and Hana tried to calm down the growing winds, but it was overpowering her mentality. The stubbornness of being unable to admit she was losing control over own gift.

As an act of bravery or whatever the students like to called it, Taehyung  blasted her with a ball of flame and went to push Haeri out of the way. The admirals from the fellow students followed from their and continued all the way until well— now. 

Her hands were burned that day and names were bestowed. Haeri quickly earned the remorse from students and fit into a group of friends who vowed to protect her. After all, she was a pretty girl with alluring chocolate eyes, a heart-shaped face and raven black hair. They also managed to train her to a pretty high level — but Hana supposes she never forgot the day. (she never did either, sometimes, her hands still slightly tremble when there is a blazing fire around.)

It would have been better if the school had feared her since that moment, but none of them did, instead she was seen as a cruel, powerless, little snake who preyed upon the weak. They never hesistated to express their views and honestly, it stung until the point where there were no more areas to target. 

Hana exhaled a small sigh, before shaking her head softly. "You can ing beat me if you want to. Take your revenge, see if I care. Just fight fair."

Haeri stared back, her eyes void of any emotion, before scoffing a bit. "Whatever." The latter girl then proceeded to turn to Seulgi, another female whom was part of their group. 

Hana vaguely remembered that there were some rumours circling the petite girl and some guy — she just couldn't quite remember who. 

"Class dismissed." 

With that said, Hana hurriedly picked up her items, before rushing out the door. It was simply an act of habit and to keep away the risks of anything she'd might regret happening.

 

 

 

 

 

Practice was always a struggle. No, not because of the exhaustion that would begin to seep into her skin and mind in the end, but rather, actually finding a place.

Freshmen and sophomore students normally inhabited the training centre as they were the ones who needed it the most. Seniors had already learned all the secret places around the Academy grounds; this usually meant that they had exclusive practice areas for them. 

Her typical spots reside deep within the forests where she could isol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter