Welcome Home

Like Mother, like Daughter
The young woman walked slowly up the staircase, careful not to disturb the little human on her chest. Her suitcase knocked against each stair, a loud thunk echoing with every step, and her bag sitting on her elbow.
 
"I forgot long it took to get to my apartment," Jessica mumbled. She eventually reached her floor, the third floor, and sighed. "Finally."
 
She walked past door after door all the way to end of the hallway. She smiled fondly at the familiar wooden door. It looked like all the other apartment doors, but this one was hers.
 
"Well, here we are. This is your new home, baby girl. You excited?" She looked down at the sleeping baby, her arms curled up into the baby pink blanket wrapped around her tiny body. Her head was peeking out from the blanket. Jessica rubbed small circles over the top of the head.
 
"Yah! Wait for me!" Someone yelled. Jessica jumped a bit, looking back to see her sister, Krystal, literally dragging herself down the hallway. The baby stirred slightly.
 
"Why did you buy an apartment that takes this long to get to."
 
"Shhhh, Krystal! You're going to wake her," Jessica quietly yelled.
 
"She's a baby. They wake up... all the time," she replied breathlessly. Jessica raised her eyebrows at her.
 
"What kind of logic is that?" Krystal finally caught up to Jessica, almost panting. Her hands were on her knees, her chest rising and falling.
 
"The "I'm exhausted and can't think" logic. Ugh!" Krystal groaned. Jessica patted her sister's head.
 
"For the record, it keeps me exercised a little," Jessica answered with a little nod. Krystal rolled her eyes in response.
 
"Hey. Do you know where Mom and Dad are? They didn't come visit me and the baby when we were discharged." Krystal's eyes bulged, remembering the surprise.
 
"Uh, I don't know. They might be, um... golfing or something," Krystal replied hesitantly. Jessica stared at Krystal oddly.
 
"Golfing? Since when have they ever golfed?"
 
"I don't know when! I just, know that they do." Jessica narrowed her eyes at Krystal. Krystal gulped and felt as if Jessica's eyes were piercing into her soul.
 
"Whatever." Jessica rummaged through her bag for her keys. Once she found them, she carefully placed the key perfectly in the lock and turned it. She entered the room and gasped. The apartment had little balloons on the ceiling and a big "Welcome Home!" banner spread across in white and gold writing.
 
"Welcome home, Jessica!" Both of her parents popped out behind the couch with big smiles on their faces. Jessica covered with her hand in shock. The baby stirred again with an added whine.
 
"Mom, dad. Were you here this whole time?"
 
"Yep. We wanted to see you, but someone wanted to surprise you," Mr. Jung raised his eyebrow to his other daughter as she rubbed her nape nervously.
 
"Guilty~" Krystal replied. Jessica punched her sister's arm. "Ow!"
 
"Thanks, sis." Jessica pecked Krystal's cheek, to which the latter smiled brightly.
 
"Now that we're done hiding, may I please hold my granddaughter?" The Jung mother walked over to the baby. Jessica carefully picked up the baby from her wrap and handed her over to her mother. Jessica began unwrapping herself, placing the blanket on the kitchen counter.
 
"Oh my, she's so beautiful~ Just like her grandmother," Mrs. Jung remarked. The Jung sisters giggled.
 
"Ehem." Mrs. Jung looked over at her husband.
 
"No offence to you, honey."
 
"None taken," Mr. Jung replied sarcastically. He walked over to his wife and kissed her cheek. Jessica walked over to the couch and sat down, breathing out a sigh.
 
"You know, Krystal made the excuse that you guys were golfing instead of visiting me."
 
"Golfing?" Mr. Jung repeated. "That's what you came up with?"
 
"Sorry! I forgot to have a plan and she put me on the spot," Krystal pointed to Jessica. "But you believed it, right?"
 
"Barely." Jessica smirked. "You're kind of bad at lying."
 
Krystal ran to Jessica's side and began tickling her. Jessica squirmed under Krystal's fingers.
 
"Yah! That's enough," Mrs. Jung yelled. The Jung sisters stopped midway and stared at their mother. "I believe someone wants their mommy." The baby whining a little, making a very cute mad face.
 
Krystal sat up and made room for the baby. Mrs. Jung handed her to Jessica. She sat her down gently onto her legs. The family sat and stared at the little girl in Jessica's arms.
 
"I can't believe she's finally here," Krystal said after a few minutes of silence.
 
"Yeah." The baby stretched her arm, as if reaching for something. Jessica took out her right index finger. The baby grabbed her finger and smiled.
 
"How are you doing?" Mrs. Jung asked. Jessica turned to her mother blankly.
 
"I'm okay. Nervous. Scared. Happy." Jessica chuckled. "I can't explain it."
 
"That jerk should have stayed with you instead of just ing running away," Krystal bitterly said. Mr. Jung knocked her head.
 
"Soojung! No swearing in front of the baby," Mr. Jung scolded. Krystal frowned and rubbed her arm.
 
"Geez, why am I getting abused today? she mumbled. Jessica sighed and looked at the baby. Her eyes opened and looked back at Jessica.
 
"It's not ideal. But, it is what it is."
 
"Luckily you've got friends and family, including me, to help you. Every step of the way." Jessica smiled at Krystal and hugged her from the side.
 
"We'll always be here for you," Mrs. Jung added. Jessica could feel tears well up in her eyes.
 
"Thanks, Soojung." Krystal giggled at the use of her korean name. "Mom. Dad. I love you all."
 
"Group hug!" Krystal yelled happily. The other three rolled their eyes before joining in on the hug. Jessica smiled brightly at the moment. Her family was with her right now, and she couldn't have been happier.
 
"Oh!" Krystal lifted her head off of Jessica's shoulder. "You never told us what you decided to name her. Don't keep me in suspense!"
 
"Right. Your sister shooed us away to do all of this so we never got to know anything," Mr. Jung said directly at Krystal.
 
"Well," Jessica started. "I decided to name her Eun-Bi."
 
"Eun-Bi?" Krystal asked.
 
"That's a wonderful name, Jessica," Mrs. Jung replied.
 
"Personally, I would have gone with Soojung the second," Krystal joked.
 
"Ahhh~" Eunbi squealed. The Jung's turned to her and laughed along with her.
 
"I think it's time to start some food. I will borrow your kitchen, sweetie." Jessica nodded her head. Mrs. Jung then walked away to the kitchen.
 
"Ooh ooh, let me help mommy!" Krystal followed her mother.
 
"And it's my cue to make sure nothing bad happens." Mr. Jung then kissed Jessica's forehead. "She's so beautiful, Sooyeon," Mr. Jung remarked. Jessica pecked her father's cheek and the man walked off to the kitchen.
 
Jessica looked at Eunbi stretching her arms around her and smiled sadly.
 
"Because of my carelessness, you're forced to live with me. But I promise you this. I will care  for you until the day I die. I love you, Eunbi." Jessica smiled toward Eunbi and kissed her on the head.
 
-----------------------
I kind of forgot that I didn't update this yet. Whoops.
Hope you like it!
Geeky