Chapter 5

Follow the Heart

Suzy walks down the hallways of Yonsei heading to the Joy’s class so they can have lunch together. Studio 4 displayed on the door and Suzy looked through door window, searching for her friend. She spotted Joy doodling away at one of the tables and discussing a few things with her fellow classmates. Joy raised her head and saw Suzy standing at the door and waved her to come in since the lecturer had already left. Suzy went in and waited for Joy a few tables away, returning bows to people who greeted her.

            “So, I’ll email you the materials that we need okay?” Joy said and her fellow classmates nodded and kept their eyes glued to her and Suzy as they left. “So Suzy, what do you want for lunch?”

            Suzy just laughed because that’s always the question of the day. Where to eat. It was always so hard for them to choose. “Anything is good with me. We can ask Vernon whether he has any suggestions on where to eat.” Joy just rolled her eyes. It’s not that Joy did not like Vernon, it is just that she is frustrated to see him not making an effort to court Suzy and just uselessly flirting with her knowing that she thinks it is all a joke to her. “Oh right. We are having lunch with him.” Joy says flatly.

            “Can you two ever get along? It has been years.” Suzy asked. It confuses her why they could not get along when both of them are so much alike.

            “Suzy, we have gone through this. As long as he is pointlessly going on dates with random girls, we will never get along.” Joy exclaimed and Suzy just sighs in response. They were heading to the parking lot and spotted Vernon leaning against his Range Rover car. A big car for his huge ego. Joy thought to herself.

            “Ladies.” Vernon greeted with a smile on his face. “Vernon.” Both Suzy and Joy said at the same time. “Lunch?” he asked.

            “Yes, please. Any ideas where though?” Suzy asked, hoping Vernon had already prepared an answer on where they should go.

            “Of course. Hop in.” Vernon opened his car doors for Joy and Suzy, then headed to the driver’s seat. “I hope you ladies like Mexican food.”

            “Is there any food we don’t like?” Joy said simply and Suzy laughed. Vernon started driving to their destination.

*At the restaurant*

            The three were eating their burritos and nachos while chatting away. Vernon went silent for a bit and looked at Suzy. “So Suzy, have you thought about what I suggested yesterday?” Suzy looked at Joy then at Vernon.

            “I have and I decided why not? I’ll give it a go.” Suzy said, hesitantly while looking at her food. Vernon sat up straight, his ears perked up.

            “Really? Ok, great. So when are you going to go decide who you’ll date?” Vernon asked.

            “She already has.” Joy said in Suzy’s place. Suzy went wide-eyed and was shocked at Joy’s fast reply.

            “Oh? Really? When?” Vernon asked, eyebrows raised.

            “Last night.” Joy replied again and Suzy just kept quiet. Well the cat’s out of the bag. Suzy thought knowing that she could not keep it from Vernon forever.

            Vernon grew curious. “I see. I’m not surprised you already knew about the plan but I would think you would’ve chosen the guys with me since I suggested the idea.” Vernon stared at Suzy and she could see the look of disappointment in his face.  Joy could not help but laugh. He is so obvious. You should be thanking me if you only knew what I did for you.

            Suzy nudged Joy with her elbow. It’s so not the time to be laughing. Suzy thought even though she knew why Joy was laughing. In the end, I have to ask Vernon out.

            “I’m sorry. It was the spur of the moment and I knew I would chicken out if I took too long to do it.” Suzy tried explaining. Vernon gave in.

            “It’s ok. So, who are the guys?” Vernon asked.

            “Ummm.. Well..” Suzy was a loss for words. Do I tell him? Suzy looked at Joy pleadingly.

            “She would not be telling you because it would not be ethical to tell a guy such as yourself. It would be cheating if we were to tell you who it is then you go and tattle for your so called ‘bro code’.” Joy said, stopping Suzy from saying anything else. Plus, you aren’t supposed to know that you are in the line-up as well.

            Vernon just glared at Joy and looked at Suzy. Both of them were not telling him and he knew it was pointless to argue further.

“But, I can update you on how the dates go. If that will make you feel better. Since it was your idea.” Suzy bargained knowing she should do something before Vernon gets mad. Vernon thought about it for a while then nodded. “Deal.” He agreed and Suzy smiled.

            “Shall we?” Vernon asked, hinting that they should head back home. As they were walking back to Vernon’s car, Suzy pulled Joy to her side and whispered “Thank you.” Joy patted Suzy’s hand, reassuring her that she was in it till the end. “So, do you want me to help you prep for tonight?” Joy asked softly, making sure not to be heard by Vernon. Suzy then realized that the bigger task awaits her later that night.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update. I'm having assignement submissions and mid terms next week so be patient with me please. Hope you like this chapter^^ Help vote up my stories juseyo~