e n d–

Those Two Words

"Nayoung unnie? Where are you?"

 

Nayoung is already rushing on her way to work and Eunwoo just had to call her. She didn't want to be late. Im Nayoung is never late, and so when Eunwoo called her, she swore that whatever the younger girl was going to say should be really important. Like really important.

 

"I'm driving. Why?"

 

"I think Jieqiong needs you right now. She's been skipping meals because of work." Eunwoo sighs. "She didn't even eat dinner last night just to finish the report. Please, unnie, we need you here."

 

It turns out that whatever Eunwoo was going to say was actually really important. At least for Nayoung, it was Zhou Jieqiong important. And so now, even if she is just a few blocks away from her office, Im Nayoung forgets about being late and stuff, going for a U-turn instead. Her best friend is more important, anyway.

 

"I'll be there in 10." Nayoung ends the call immediately and proceeds to the nearest drive-thru.

 

-

 

Jieqiong, meet me at the lobby.

 

"What now?" Jieqiong groans when she sees Nayoung's text message. She's busy, she only has a few hours before her presentation, and Nayoung just had to drop by.

 

"Yah unnie, what do you need?" Jieqiong calls her, already mad at Nayoung for disturbing her. Apparently, Jieqiong and stress do not mix well. They do not mix well that even Im Nayoung herself did not do much help to calm her.

 

"Just come here, will you?"

 

"Ugh, I'm busy, unnie. I have no time for anything right now." Jieqiong cuts the call immediately.

 

Lobby. Now.

 

Jieqiong groans once again when she reads it. And since Nayoung is Nayoung, the only person in the world that she can't say no to, Jieqiong had no choice but to go.

 

If that isn't so important, you are dead to me, unnie.

 

-

 

"Is everything alright?" Nayoung stands up, approaches Jieqiong almost immediately when she first sees the younger girl walking towards her, looking so tired and all.

 

Jieqiong sighs before she glares at Nayoung.

 

"I brought you breakfast." Nayoung holds out the hot choco and muffins that she bought earlier, her face looking so concerned. "Some little bird told me that you've been skipping meals."

 

It takes a few seconds of Nayoung staying in that position before the expression on Jieqiong's face finally softens. It was a really sweet act of the older girl and who wouldn't be touched by that? 

 

"Thanks," Jieqiong gets it from Nayoung with a small smile on her face. "Wanna eat with me, unnie?"

 

And for the first time this morning, Nayoung gets to smile, especially at the fact that she doesn't have to worry about Jieqiong. The younger girl finally decided to eat.

 

"No, it's fine. I'm on my way to work, anyway." Nayoung smiles. They look into each other's eyes for a moment before Nayoung speaks up again. "Don't stress yourself too much, Jieqiong."

 

"Yeah, thanks, unnie." Jieqiong nods, tries to smile despite how tired she is. Nayoung then opens her arms wide, signaling for a hug. Jieqiong hugs her tightly, buries her face into Nayoung's chest, feeling so grateful that the older girl is there for her. She needed that, really.

 

-

 

"Jieqiong?" 

 

Jieqiong looks up from her food, looking like she's in a better mood compared to earlier. 

 

"Yeah?"

 

"The girl waiting for you in the lobby... Is she your girlfriend?" Her officemate, Kyungwon, asks with a stupid grin on her face.

 

Jieqiong almost choked on her hot chocolate drink.

 

"What? Yah, she's my best friend!" Jieqiong panics. It was the first time that someone in the office asked her that. 

 

Nayoung always drives her to work, but the older girl just drops her off. And in one of the few times that Nayoung actually entered the building, someone from her department accused her already of being her girlfriend.

 

"Just your best friend? Hmm, I highly doubt that." Kyungwon teases, laughing so loud with her signature laugh when she sees Jieqiong blushing.

 

"Shut up."

 

A best friend? Yeah, Nayoung's just her best friend... but something way more than that? Jieqiong wouldn't mind. Especially when she loves Nayoung in a more-than-a-bestfriend kind of way? 

 

She definitely wouldn't mind.

 

-

 

Nayoung calls Jieqiong, tells her that she's already on the way to the younger girl's office. Then, Jieqiong waits for her at the lobby. And when Nayoung arrives, it's either she drives her home or they will eat dinner together. 

 

That's their thing. They do that every single day. Nayoung and Jieqiong, friends for several years and counting, are always together. The only times that they are not together is when they are at work, since the two work in different companies.

 

And even today, in one of Jieqiong's most stressful days, they still do their thing. The only difference now is Jieqiong had already fallen asleep just a few minutes into the ride.

 

Nayoung notices this immediately when she turns to look at her during a red light. She sees Jieqiong sleeping in a rather uncomfortable position, and she swears that she will get neck pain if she stays in that position.

 

"Jieqiong." Nayoung taps Jieqiong's shoulder lightly, but the latter seemed to be so deep in her sleep. "Wake up."

 

A few seconds before the red light ends, Nayoung was able to get the pillow from the back of the car. Very quickly, she was also able to take off her jacket, placing it around Jieqiong to warm her.

 

And seeing Jieqiong sleeping so peacefully, her jacket held closer by the younger girl, looking so pretty, Nayoung couldn't help but smile.

 

-

 

It's a weekend and the two girls have decided to go to the cinemas. Eunwoo has been bugging them to watch this movie that, apparently, Eunwoo liked so much.

 

Ten minutes into the movie, Jieqiong is starting to find it boring, looking like she's going to fall asleep anytime soon.

 

When Nayoung sees Jieqiong sleeping, she can't help but stare. Despite the darkness inside the cinema and the little light coming from the film, Nayoung can still make out the features of her pretty face. Jieqiong is so pretty, Nayoung knows that already. But today, she just cannot stop her eyes from staring at the younger girl.

 

After a few more while, Nayoung then realizes that Jieqiong is leaning onto nothing on her right side. And so, as a great friend that she is, she wraps her right arm around Jieqiong, making her lean onto herself instead.

 

And the two stayed in that position throughout the whole movie.

 

-

 

"Jieqiong." Nayoung taps the younger girl lightly. "Wake up, the movie's over."

 

When Jieqiong opens her eyes, she realizes that she is leaning onto Nayoung's side, making her sit up immediately, a blush starting to crawl from her cheeks. So, were we in that position throughout the whole movie?

 

"Oh? I slept?" Jieqiong blinks sleepily, while quietly thanking the universe that even though the dim lights are on, Nayoung wouldn't be able to see her blushing. Nayoung then nods with a small smile on her face, trying her best not to laugh at how adorable Jieqiong looks right now.

 

"I'm sorry, unnie. The movie was..." 

 

"Boring, I know." Nayoung nods in understanding. "I found it boring, too."

 

-

 

"I'm really sorry, unnie." Jieqiong apologizes again. Not just because she slept, but also because she slept leaning onto Nayoung. They are now outside the cinema and Jieqiong has been apologizing to Nayoung for so many times already. "I swear, I didn't mean to sleep!"

 

"It's okay, Jieqiong. I had fun, though."

 

"You had fun? I thought you found it boring?" Jieqiong looks confused, her eyebrows are furrowed in a cute way.

 

Nayoung then smiles, she can't help but smile, remembering how adorable a sleeping Jieqiong looked earlier.

 

"I was watching something else."

 

-

 

"I can't believe Eunwoo made us watch that." Jieqiong shakes her head. "I bet she did this on purpose!"

 

"Even I found it boring." Nayoung laughs in amusement and soon, Jieqiong joins her.

 

The two are now inside Nayoung's car, but with nothing else planned.

 

"Can I stay in your place tonight, unnie?" Jieqiong asks out of the blue. Nayoung looks at her and sees the pout on her face.

 

"Alright, alright." Nayoung gives in, she can never say no to Jieqiong, anyway. Jieqiong smiles the moment she agreed. "Mind if I ask why?"

 

"I missed you." Jieqiong says easily, which made Nayoung look frozen for a moment.

 

"I-I'm right here with you yet you still missed me?" Nayoung says, keeping her eyes on the road, not wanting to look at Jieqiong who has been staring at her for the past few minutes.

 

"Well, I've been busy with work and you've been busy with yours, too." Jieqiong reaches out to place her hand on top of Nayoung's. "Don't you think we need more time for each other?"

 

There she goes again, Nayoung thinks. Jieqiong is acting like a clingy girlfriend again. It's not something new, but it always has an effect to Nayoung everytime she's acting like that.

 

And this time is not so different. Nayoung can't even form words in reply.

 

-

 

"By the way, I got tickets." Nayoung tells Jieqiong, who just entered her room and is now looking for clothes in Nayoung's closet.

 

"What?"

 

"I got tickets for Taeyeon's concert." Nayoung says softly. It's Taeyeon. Jieqiong's favorite artist of all-time. Jieqiong has been talking about Taeyeon's upcoming concert, but was not expecting anything because it's hard to get tickets for that.

 

"You what? OH MY GOD!" Jieqiong runs towards her in excitement, launches herself onto Nayoung, her arms wrapped around her neck and her legs wrapped around the older girl's waist.

 

"Oh my god, I love you so much!" Jieqiong says with so much emotion, smiling so widely with tears in her eyes.

 

And with Jieqiong's excitement, Nayoung loses her balance. Luckily, they were just next to her bed. 

 

Nayoung falls down on her back with Jieqiong on top of her, making the two stuck in an awkward position.

 

"Thank you." Jieqiong smiles, looking like she's not moving anytime soon.

 

-

 

Nayoung's face, just a few inches away from her, looks even more attractive. The sight of it is making Jieqiong feel things.

 

It might be cliché, but it was as if time stopped for a moment, the two ended up staring into each other's eyes. The younger girl broke it when she stared at something else. And the only thing that she wants to do right now is to kiss those lips.

 

"Yeah... okay." Nayoung clears , breaking the silence enveloping them, when she realizes what Jieqiong is staring at. She wants to move, she badly wants to move before Jieqiong does something she will regret... They're friends. She can't do this.

 

But before Nayoung can even do anything, Jieqiong cups her face, leans down, and presses her lips against hers.

 

Unexpectedly, Nayoung finds herself kissing her back, finds out how soft Jieqiong's lips are, and, oh, she never knew how much she needed it until now. And with Nayoung being too nice, she just can't help but return the favor.

 

-

 

One week and a couple of days have passed and Nayoung and Jieqiong haven't talked about what happened in Nayoung's room in that one Saturday night.

 

Nothing much really happened after that, though. When the two pulled away after somewhat an eternity, it was just then when they realized what really happened. They kissed. They just kissed their best friend.

 

And guess what happened after?

 

Jieqiong blinks, and after a few seconds, she lets out a hushed apology and gets off of Nayoung quickly, leaving the latter staring blankly at the ceiling, mind still blown after what just happened.

 

"Unnie?" Jieqiong calls out quietly, while already lying down on her side of Nayoung's bed.

 

"Y-yeah?" Nayoung replies, still unmoved from her previous position.

 

"Good night."

 

"Good night."

 

-

 

One Sunday afternoon, Jieqiong comes over to Nayoung's house without telling her beforehand. And the moment she entered the house with her keys, a sight of Nayoung sitting comfortably on the couch welcomed her. (Nayoung and Jieqiong both have the keys of each other. For emergency purposes, they said.)

 

"Hey." Nayoung greets her without taking her eyes off of the television. "You didn't tell me you'd come."

 

"Sorry, unnie," Jieqiong sits beside her, then positions herself on the couch, lying down on her side with her head on Nayoung's lap. "I'm buying a gift for my boss later. Can you come with me tonight?"

 

"I can't." Nayoung is playing with Jieqiong's hair now, her hand running through the younger girl's hair. And Jieqiong doesn't mind. "I have plans with Yebin tonight."

 

Nayoung hears Jieqiong exhale a bit loudly through her nose. Something the younger girl does when she is annoyed.

 

"Are you seriously replacing your best friend now? Your best friend of 5 years, Zhou Jieqiong?" Jieqiong shifts her body so she can look at Nayoung, pouting.

 

Nayoung looks at the girl resting her head on her lap and sees the (adorable) expression on her face. They may have known each other for years, but Nayoung still admires how pretty and cute Jieqiong can be.

 

"Stop that. You know it already..." She flicks her forehead lightly, receiving a glare from Jieqiong.

 

"Know what?"

 

Nayoung doesn't want to say it, because she knows Jieqiong will never forget about it once she hears it. But nevertheless–

 

"...that no one can ever replace you." Nayoung admits quietly, her eyes focusing on the television instead. She can still feel Jieqiong staring at her with a wide smile on her face, and for Nayoung, it feels too much all of a sudden. 

 

"No one can."

 

-

 

It's on the third week since that kiss happened and no one hasn't brought it up yet. It was as if it never really happened, either they were doing that on purpose or they just forgot about it completely.

 

But, nope, definitely not the latter... especially when that kiss was definitely something. It wasn't an ordinary kiss. Both of them knew that, but wouldn't just admit.

 

-

 

"Hey, are you free tonight?"

 

Jieqiong calls Nayoung early in the morning, with the latter sounding so groggy and sleepy. Jieqiong doesn't mind, though. She loves it when she hears that morning voice of Nayoung.

 

"I think so. Why?"

 

"You know that company party that I was telling you? It's tonight. 7pm, in that same hotel that we went to." Jieqiong smiles. She doesn't even have to ask Nayoung to come with her. She knows that Nayoung will come with her.

 

"Alright, so I'll pick you up at 6?"

 

"Of course." Jieqiong grins. She was right, Nayoung will come with her. It was always as if the two had an unspoken promise or something, that when one attends a party, the other one accompanies her. Like a 'date', maybe? But you know them, they wouldn't call it that.

 

Little do they know how exclusive they are to each other in everything that they do... To the point that they do not even seem best friends anymore. They seem way more than that.

 

-

 

"How do I look?" Jieqiong asks Nayoung the moment she opens the door for her. She didn't have to ask, really, seeing how Nayoung scanned her from head to toe, staring at her in awe.

 

"You look great, Jieqiong." Nayoung smiles. "I don't know if you're trying to look better for someone at the party, but you really don't have to try."

 

Jieqiong tries her best not to blush at that statement. So, is Nayoung flirting with her all of a sudden?

 

"Well, duh, I don't have to try since you don't really let me." Jieqiong rolls her eyes. "For all I know, you'd start getting possessive once a guy or girl talks to me."

 

Jieqiong may be teasing Nayoung, but it's the truth. There were so many instances when everytime someone talked to Jieqiong, Nayoung would always, always stay on guard. If the person started hitting on her, then whoops, end of the conversation. Nayoung would always interrupt on purpose. There was even one time when Nayoung dragged Jieqiong all the way to the exit, just to get her away from the girl who was flirting with every girl in the party. (Was it Sejeong? Yeah, it was Sejeong.)

 

"I'm just concerned for your well-being. That's what best friends are for." Nayoung retorts, which earned a scoff from Jieqiong. She is using that "best friend" card again, which didn't fail to irk Jieqiong. Of course, it's irritating, especially when it just so happened that she herself is in love with her and she's had enough of this.

 

"Alright, best friend, can we go now?" Jieqiong smiles, her arms crossed, with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

 

"Aren't you going to let me in first?" Nayoung chuckles, letting herself inside Jieqiong's unit. "I'll go use your bathroom."

 

"Be quick! Best friends don't make their best friends wait!" Jieqiong shouts so that Nayoung can hear her, emphasizing those two words which Nayoung seems to love, and slams her front door shut. Well, she's really had enough of that.

 

-

 

"Hi, I'm Kyungwon." Kyungwon reaches out her hand which Nayoung shakes immediately, with Jieqiong shooting her colleague with her glare as they speak. "I guess you're Jieqiong's g–"

 

Kyungwon feels Jieqiong's glare on her. "Friend, yeah, you're Jieqiong's friend. Am I right?" She smiles.

 

"Yeah, I'm Nayoung." Nayoung smiles in return.

 

"Nice to meet you... And oh, you're so pretty." Kyungwon smiles at Nayoung, but this time, she's flirting maybe? And Jieqiong can sense that.

 

"Thank you?" Nayoung smiles shyly, making Jieqiong roll her eyes with how Kyungwon's words made her Nayoung react like that. "You, too."

 

"Jieqiong is so lucky to see that pretty face of yours everyday." Kyungwon winks, then her eyes never leave Nayoung's, and Jieqiong can see everything with her own eyes.

 

That's it. Kyungwon's flirting with Nayoung and Jieqiong doesn't want that. She doesn't want any of that.

 

"I'm sorry, Kyungwon unnie, but we have to go somewhere else." Jieqiong interrupts, apologizing even though she doesn't really look like it. She then drags Nayoung away from her colleague.

 

"Bye, Nayoung!"

 

Jieqiong can still hear Kyungwon laughing at her while she is dragging Nayoung towards the bathroom.

 

-

 

"What's wrong?" Nayoung asks Jieqiong immediately when they entered the restroom, catching her breath as they speak.

 

"Nothing. I just needed to go use the restroom." Jieqiong lies, proceeds to an unoccupied cubicle, leaving Nayoung by the washing area.

 

"You can always go use the restroom without dragging me with you." Nayoung says, and decides to fix her makeup instead, her voice loud enough for Jieqiong to hear.

 

"That's what best friends are for." It's now Jieqiong's turn to use the "best friend" card. She appears beside Nayoung after a few minutes, with a serious look on her face, which made Nayoung think if she had done anything wrong.

 

"Okay, seriously, what's wrong wih you, Jieqiong?" Nayoung looks at Jieqiong through the mirror, her face looking so concerned (and confused?) "Did I do anything wrong?"

 

"No?" Jieqiong turns to look at her. "Can we go back now?"

 

Nayoung returns her powder inside her purse and reaches for Jieqiong's hand, which the latter took almost immediately.

 

"If something, or someone bothers you, just tell me right away, okay?" Nayoung tells her as they exit the restroom, with her hand still in hers.

 

-

 

"Excuse me, Jieqiong, right?" 

 

When Jieqiong turns around, she sees a guy in a suit, smiling at her with a hand reached out.

 

"I suppose we haven't met before?" 

 

The guy has a smug grin on his face and Nayoung, who is just watching the two talk, starts to get annoyed. She gets more annoyed when she sees how Jieqiong smiles at him back.

 

Nayoung didn't really want to listen to their conversation. She badly wanted to leave but, no, she can't leave Jieqiong, especially with that guy. And, wait, is he eyeing Jieqiong differently now? Nayoung can totally see that and she swears she's going to kill this guy if he does anything to Jieqiong.

 

"Okay, wait," The guy gets the phone from his pocket. "Can I have your number then?"

 

Not so fast, young man.

 

Nayoung looks at Jieqiong and sees a hint of hesitation in her eyes right now. Nayoung's pretty sure that Jieqiong doesn't want to give her number out. Besides, Jieqiong will only give out her number for business purposes, and this guy? He might be in this company, but Nayoung assumes that he's asking for Jieqiong's number for an entirely different reason.

 

Nayoung clears all of a sudden, catching the attention of the guy in front of them.

 

"Oh, hey, and you are?" The guy asks with a small smile, obviously different from earlier.

 

"Im Nayoung, Jieqiong's girlfriend." Nayoung smiles at him. Her smile even gets wider when the guy looks taken aback for a moment. "Nice to meet you."

 

"Yeah... N-nice to meet the both of you." The guy tries to smile, but his attempt to look cool doesn't go unnoticed by the two. "Um, I think I have to go now, my friends are calling me."

 

The guy walks away as quickly as possible, scratching his head in disappointment.

 

"Yah! You said she was single!" The guy shouts at his friends over the music, which, unexpectedly, didn't go unheard by Nayoung. 

 

While Nayoung is laughing at him, Jieqiong hits her shoulder all of a sudden. She then turns to look at the younger girl, and it's just then when she realizes how Jieqiong didn't really talk again.

 

"What?"

 

"Who told you to go off and tell people that you're my girlfriend?" Jieqiong raises her eyebrows. 

 

"Jieqiong," Nayoung rolls her eyes. "You're not even interested. I know you."

 

"Right," Jieqiong smirks at Nayoung, then cups her face with both of her hands, taking Nayoung by surprise. 

 

"What are you doing?" Nayoung asks her nervously, but still not moving an inch.

 

"Can I ask you one thing?" Jieqiong ignores it, her face is now just a few inches away from Nayoung. She looks at Nayoung's eyes, then her lips, then back at her eyes again. "Please don't drink tonight. You're driving me home."

 

Nayoung gulps nervously, she thought Jieqiong would actually kiss her right then and there. But the fact that Jieqiong's face is still so close to hers is not even of any help.

 

"Nope, I'm not driving a drunk Jieqiong home."

 

"I know you, Nayoung unnie." Jieqiong smiles, a little too bright and inviting for Nayoung's liking. "You will drive a drunk Jieqiong home. You're taking me home."

 

-

 

"I like you!" Jieqiong exclaims, drunkenly pointing her finger to Eunwoo. "And you, too! I like you!" She is now pointing her finger at Kyungwon, giggling.

 

Nayoung hears this when she comes back from the restroom. She left Jieqiong to Eunwoo's care for a while, because of one and only reason. She is not going to be in a place together with a drunk Jieqiong, alone. Who knows what might happen. Even sober Jieqiong had kissed her that one night in her house, what more if she's drunk?

 

"I like you all!" Jieqiong giggles. She's drunk, drunk enough for her to openly say that.

 

Nayoung sits beside Jieqiong, quietly thanking Eunwoo who stayed by her best friend's side for a while.

 

"And you!" Jieqiong turns to look at her and giggles more. Nayoung just looks at her, a little bit worried of what she will do. "I love you." She says in her most sincere voice ever, at least coming from a drunk Jieqiong, it is her most sincere voice ever.

 

Eunwoo and Kyungwon, the other girls in the table, were able to hear this. And even though they were also drinking, they were not that drunk like Jieqiong, grinning at Jieqiong's words.

 

Nayoung didn't really say anything to that. Sure, Jieqiong had said that, but she knows that all of it is purely platonic. Best friends, remember?

 

And when Nayoung thinks that Jieqiong's done with her already, the younger girl suddenly throws herself into Nayoung, arms hugging her from the side, now leaning to whisper in her ear.

 

"I love you, Nayoungie." She repeats. Nayoung doesn't know why, but for a moment, Jieqiong made her feel like she was the only one she would ever tell that to.

 

-

 

Jieqiong is enjoying the concert, Nayoung can totally see it in her eyes. Ever since the day started, Jieqiong seemed more excited, her eyes sparkling of happiness.

 

During the concert, Nayoung would occasionally glance at Jieqiong, and everytime she sees her looking so happy, Nayoung can't help but smile, too.

 

But when Taeyeon starts to sing the chorus of U R, when Nayoung steals a glance of Jieqiong, she finds Jieqiong looking back at her.

 

Cause you are, the light that fell on me

You are, like a beautiful dream,

 

The two didn't take their eyes off of each other. Nayoung just smiles at her, Jieqiong smiles back.

 

With seven rays, the whole world,

is dyed even more beautifully, always

Yeah U R

 

What Nayoung doesn't expect is when Jieqiong suddenly leans forward to kiss her. Nayoung doesn't know what's gotten into her, but she just finds herself giving in, her arms automatically find their way around Jieqiong's waist. It's slow, gentle, and with so much emotions poured into it.

 

When Jieqiong pulls away, she rests her forehead onto Nayoung's. Both have their eyes closed, feeling the song, listening closely to Taeyeon's voice, and feeling the presence of each other.

 

"I love you and I'm not going to apologize for that." Jieqiong leans to say it into Nayoung's ear. Nayoung heard her perfectly, heard every word that she said. "Not anymore."

 

Nayoung just nods in return. She doesn't know what to say and what to do. If Jieqiong really loves her like that all this time, in a way even more than best friends do, then she has to tell her, too. 

 

Nayoung wants to tell her that she feels the same, all this time she has always felt the same.

 

Nayoung holds Jieqiong's hand all of a sudden, their fingers intertwine in a heartbeat. She can't say it yet, but she hopes that Jieqiong gets the message.

 

I love you, too.

 

-

 

As days pass by, Nayoung and Jieqiong's relationship grows even more. It's more. They still do what they do before, but now, Jieqiong kisses her often, they cuddle more often, and stay at each other's place longer than necessary. Everything's good, their relationship is going on so well, but the thing is... they haven't really talked about it.

 

What are they?

 

If you ask them that, they will surely have a hard time answering.

 

-

"Good morning."

 

Jieqiong wakes up to Nayoung running her fingers through her hair. When Jieqiong opens her eyes, she sees Nayoung still lying down next to her on her bed, looking at her with a smile.

 

"Good morning." Jieqiong smiles and kisses Nayoung first thing in the morning. She then snuggles closer to her, her arm circling around the other girl's waist.

 

"Why do you like it so much?" Nayoung casually asks her, with her arm pulling Jieqiong closer to her.

 

"The what, exactly?" Jieqiong pulls her head back a little, looking so cute when confused.

 

"Kissing me." Nayoung says easily.

 

Jieqiong giggles. "So you know."

 

"I know, because you always do it."

 

Jieqiong playfully places a quick kiss on the tip of Nayoung's nose. She then laughs when Nayoung blushes, even though she has kissed her a lot of times already.

 

"When we kiss... I don't know how should I say this but it always feels like you're pouring your heart out, you know?"

 

"I do that?" Nayoung blinks, earning another laughter from Jieqiong.

 

"Like I could just kiss you and I wouldn't even have to ask if you feel the same." Jieqiong says, looking straight into Nayoung's eyes. Then her face lights up. "Ah, then maybe that's why Minkyung unnie cried so hard when you two broke up years ago."

 

Nayoung glares at her. "Let's not talk about that."

 

"You're that great of a kisser." Jieqiong laughs, Nayoung's heart flutters by the sound of it. "Too bad she'll never get that again, huh?"

 

"Yeah, because you will never even let me." Nayoung teases her, earning a hard slap from Jieqiong.

 

"What did you say?"

 

Nayoung sees Jieqiong's eyebrows furrowed. One look at the serious expression on her face and she knows that she is in trouble.

 

"I said, I love you." This time, it's Nayoung's turn to kiss Jieqiong, but on the forehead instead, making Jieqiong squeal early in the morning. "Get up, we're gonna be late for work." 

 

-

 

What are they? Nayoung doesn't know. She often asks her this to herself, and also often gets asked by Eunwoo and her other friends about that. 

 

"Are you guys still in that best friend thing?"

 

"You what? You aren't girlfriends yet? I thought you are!"

 

"Seriously, what's going on with you and Jieqiong?"

 

Nayoung wants to know. Nayoung may not know what they really are, but she is sure in one thing. If she wants to know, badly wants to know, then she should start moving.

 

-

 

Meet me at the lobby. You forgot something.

 

After Jieqiong reads the text message, she pauses for a moment, wondering what Nayoung is talking about. She then checks her things. Phone, check. Watch, check. Everything, check. Then what is it?

 

As expected, Jieqiong had no choice but to go there, Nayoung would never let her live if she doesn't. She knows the older girl so well.

 

When Jieqiong arrives at the lobby, she finds no sign of Im Nayoung. She was about to call her when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, with a bouquet of roses directly in front of her.

 

Jieqiong doesn't have to look to know who it is. Of course, it's Im Nayoung. And so Jieqiong turns around with a big smile on her face.

 

"You forgot this." Nayoung smiles a little, her dimples showing, holding out the bouquet of roses.

 

"You didn't have to, really." Jieqiong might say that, but of course, she enjoys these things, too. Especially when it comes from Im Nayoung herself. "But what's the occasion?"

 

"I'm asking you to be my girlfriend if that's still not so clearly written on the card." She shrugs, earning a laughter from Jieqiong when she sees the card.

 

"Okay, Miss Romantic," Jieqiong giggles, her heart fluttering because of Nayoung's efforts. "Aren't you gonna miss your best friend Jieqiong?" She teases.

 

"Nope," Nayoung shakes her head immediately. Jieqiong frowns hearing that word. "You're my girlfriend now. Would it matter?"

 

"I haven't even said yes yet." Jieqiong pushes her shoulder lightly, smirking. "Excited much, babe?"

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes jokingly. "Best friends don't make their best friends wait... Sounds familiar, Jieqiong?"

 

Jieqiong laughs once again, hitting a smirking Nayoung a lot of times. "Alright, alright, you win."

 

-

 

"Have you kissed someone other than me?" Nayoung asks Jieqiong all of a sudden, who's currently on top of her.

 

They are both on Jieqiong's bed now. They just came home from a long and stressful day of work, and Jieqiong, the one who likes to kiss Nayoung so much, suddenly pushed Nayoung to lie down on her back, and relax, this will make you feel better, I promise.

 

Nayoung wondered for a moment, but she really didn't have the time for that when Jieqiong suddenly kissed her. A few quick (playful) pecks on her lips, and then they were making out, pulling away only when necessary.

 

"Have you kissed someone other than me?"

 

Jieqiong stops for a moment and chuckles. "Why the sudden question?"

 

Nayoung just shrugs in return. She then tightens her hold of Jieqiong, her arms wrapping around her waist.

 

"Of course, I haven't. You're my first, you know."

 

"Really? Why do I find that hard to believe?" Nayoung frowns. It's the truth, though. The way Jieqiong kisses her always crosses her mind. Even with that one they had in that one Saturday night. How the younger girl did it so greatly with that being her first... Nayoung doesn't know how she did that.

 

"Why? How 'bout you? I bet you've kissed a lot of girls without telling me anything." Jieqiong raises her eyebrows, her voice sounding a bit jealous.

 

Nayoung smiles at how cute possessive Jieqiong is. "If it makes you feel better..." She runs a hand through Jieqiong's hair, an act that never fails to make the younger girl's heart do the thing. 

 

"It's just you and Minky." The expression on Jieqiong's face suddenly changes, hearing that name that Nayoung had always called Minkyung when they were together, and Nayoung sees that immediately. "-Minkyung. I meant, you and Minkyung."

 

With that, a smile appears on Jieqiong's face. A smile that is so Jieqiong, and Nayoung knows that she's the luckiest person in the world to always see this.

 

"Nayoungie," She shakes her head, laughing at Nayoung. "You're so whipped for me and I love it."

 

"I'm not."

 

"You are." Jieqiong smiles proudly and Nayoung knows that she can't argue with her. She is right, anyway. "I've known you for several years, you've been whipped for me ever since. Even when you were in a relationship."

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes. She knows she can't deny it and will never find a way out of it.

 

"Can we just sleep now? I'm tired." 

 

Jieqiong gets off of Nayoung and positions herself beside her girlfriend, still smiling knowing that Nayoung didn't deny it, snuggling to her almost immediately. 

 

"Love you." Nayoung says before placing a kiss on her forehead. 

 

Jieqiong's heart flutters hearing those two words from Nayoung. Of course, she likes these better than those two words Nayoung seemed to love before.

 

 

 

//////

 

there you go! i hope you liked it! spread the napink love and OF COURSE, STAN PRISTIN! WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO!!!! comments are well-appreciated and thank you for the subs and upvotes even before I got to update! (im sorry it took me so long ;A; but still, thank you!!!!!)