Only You

Snippets of Love

 

There you go again telling them one of your humorous stories and here I am again, anticipating it like it’s something new to my ears when in fact, I have already heard it before. I am always your first audience and no matter how many times you have retold your story, I will never get tired of it.

 

Because there is no other person that can make me laugh like you do. There is no other person that can make me listen so intently like a student listening to a lecture. Because there is only one person that can utter the punch lines which can tickle my bones. Baby there is only one and it’s you.

 

For you, I forget that I have to be discreet with my actions but can someone blame me if I can’t take my eyes off you. Can someone blame me if I keep smiling like this because I see your smile that brightens my day? Can someone actually blame me if I want to listen to your stories like a broken record because of your voice that is as sweet as chocolate?

 

You glanced at my direction and I smiled in return. But for a moment, can you excuse me if I look the other way? My unnie is already giving me a warning nudge.

 

At the end of the showcase, I am standing in front of you and I heard you jokingly said, “Why is there such a tall person in front of me? The camera will not be able to capture my beautiful handsome face.”

 

I turned to you and chuckled. I bent my legs so that I would be shorter. I knew right then that it was one of your tactics to get my attention. I originally planned to ignore you but you’re just so irresistible. I played along with you. “Is this already fine, oppa?”

 

“Anything is fine with me if it’s you Hyunnie,” you said. I smiled to myself and tried hard to conceal my blush. You got me there again. 



 

Inspiration: I AM Showcase