final

Our Moments

How did it happen?

Neither Sojung nor Eunbi knew really how.

It started with the normal cheesy love story opening. The other was a friend of the other's friend who introduced them together.

They hang out together. Do things together. Train together.

If others would look at it, Eunbi is more likely to fall in love with the other Eunbi, (who preferred to be called as SinB).

Eunbi had always liked SinB. From her being optimistic, her smiles, her loud, whining voice to her unique infectious laugh. They've been together for years and stuck together to each other like glue through their childhood.

But then, SinB introduced another person.

The other person.

Her.

Kim Sojung.

Of course Eunbi would know her.

Kim Sojung was known amongst the trainees. Scratch that, she was famous among the trainees.

The owner of the model-like body, loved by many staffs and instructors, and known as the next It Girl in the entertainment industry.

Kim freakin' Sojung.

They were introduced to each other by SinB.

From then on, they started being together, along with the other trainees.

Sojung was much like SinB in some aspects. They both have optimistic natures. They both have dorky personalities. They both laugh at anything (although Sojung's laugh was more amusing, atleast for her). They were much alike.

So, when did Eunbi start looking at Sojung more than how she did with SinB?

There were times when SinB would do some dance training and the other two would stick together and go to voice training.

That was when Eunbi got to know Sojung more.

She was older than Eunbi. She's mature and very responsible.

Eunbi thought SinB was lucky to have a roommate like Sojung. Sojung must take care of SinB a lot since SinB is much like a little child.

Due to different schedules in training, Sojung and Eunbi started spending more time with each other. They would meet up at the office after both of their school and would go to training together. They'll eat together and when it's time to go home, Sojung would walk Eunbi to the bus stop and wait for the younger girl to get in a bus before going back to the dorms of the company.

As they spent more time together, strong bond started to form. It was inevitable. They came to know each other better and their bond quickly became strong.

Both were ecstatic when they were informed of debuting together.

Kim Sojung was chosen to be the leader, a role fitting for the older girl in Eunbi's opinion.

Who else would fit the position of leading five girls? Eunbi knew the other trainees and none of them measured up to Kim Sojung.

As they became idols, life became busier too. But still, they managed to find time for each other. They still managed to have moments alone with just the two of them. So, everything stayed the same.

At least that was what Eunbi thought then.

So, when did things change?

When did Eunbi start looking at the leader in a different light and when did the leader's eyes linger a little longer at Eunbi's way?

When?

They were spending a lazy afternoon at the dorm with each other while everyone was out. Both we're on the couch. Sojung was watching TV and Eunbi was lying with her head on the leader's lap.

Eunbi wanted to sleep but the warmth of Sojung's thighs keeps her awake. Her eyes were closed and she listens to Sojung's soft breathing and blocks out the sound of the TV.

Eunbi opened her eyes and looked at Sojung's face from below. After a few seconds, Sojung looked down at the younger girl. They stared at each other. Both of them did not dare to break the eye contact. Eunbi lifted her head a bit and Sojung lowered hers.

Their lips touched briefly.

Faintly.

The feeling was odd... different.

Nothing like Eunbi felt before.

After that day, no one brought up the subject.

Sojung didn't.

Eunbi didn't.

They didn't even talk about it.

Eunbi didn't know Sojung's reason but for her, it was like:

It happened. Done. Their lips brushed already. Talking about the brief kiss wouldn't erase what happened.

Not that Eunbi wanted to erase it, anyway.

Nothing much changed in their relationship either. Sure, the looks lingered longer than it should and smiles were exchanged more often and sometimes, when they stumble across each other and no one was around, a few kisses were shared.

That's it.

Never did Sojung said a confession and neither did Eunbi.

They were still close though. Closer than before, even.

It was like they were more than friends... but less than lovers.

And maybe it was due to that stance of their relationship that Eunbi could never do anything with Sojung the whole day.

No kisses, no touches, no lingering moments.

None.

Because they weren't lovers.

But at night, when they get the chance to be alone, they turn to each other.

Because they were more than friends.

That was how their relationship was.

Eunbi watched Sojung all day and truthfully, she's fine with just that.

They couldn't have each other's time always.

They didn't share a whole day together.

They just shared moments.

Eunbi smiled at those moments.

Fondly.

Lovingly.

And Eunbi learned how to cherish small moments.