Ghibli Kitten

The Softest Kitten

Jaehwan awoke early in the morning; the sun peeking through the window causing him to wake before Taekwoon. He smiled, studying Taekwoon's features as he slept. Jaehwan reached over to gently brush the hair from Taekwoon's face; he then leaned over to place a gentle kiss on Taekwoon's lips. 

"You're absolutely perfect..." he mumbled whilst running his finger's through Taekwoon's hair. 

Taekwoon stirred, the sun starting to bother him. Instead of opening his eyes, however, he just pulled the pillow that Jaehwan was resting on into his face. Jaehwan fell forward slightly onto the mattress with a soft squeak. He chuckled and tried to peek around the pillow to see Taekwoon's sleepy face. He found that whenever Taekwoon was tired, he looked the purest. The soft features on the older's face spoke so much more than the few words he chose to use. Taekwoon hissed in annoyance at Jaehwan's persistence and pushed him away, rolling over so the sunlight was no longer on his face and so that he was no longer bothered by his dongsaeng's prodding. 

Jaehwan whined softly and crawled over Taekwoon, his hands resting on the front side of Taekwoon while his body was stretched over the older's and his knees behind Taek's. 

"Daegeunie~ Wake up~," Jaehwan said in a sing-songy tone. 

"Don't want to," Taekwoon replied quietly and quickly, hiding his face further beneath the pillow.

Jaehwan just smiled. He wasn't one to get discouraged so quickly. He crawled out of bed and grabbed the small present he had been hiding in his closet. He returned to the bed and leaned in close to Taekwoon. 

"Taekwoonie, I have a present."

"Hyung," Taekwoon replied.

"Huh?" said Jaehwan in confusion.

"You forgot the hyung. Taekwoon hyung. Not just Taekwoon." 

"Do I really have to say hyung even now that we're dating?" Jaehwan whined.

Leo nodded and peeked out from the edge of the pillow, hiding a soft yet sleepy smile. Jaehwan quickly noticed and smiled brightly, holding up a small plush. It was a Jiji plush from Kiki's Delivery Service, one of the many known Studio Ghibli movies. Leo's eyes widened at the sight of the kitty plush and he quickly discarded of the pillow, grabbing the plush instead and hugging it to his chest. Jaehwan leaned in and before he could, was kissed by Taekwoon. Ken grinned proudly, noticing that Leo's full attention was now towards the kitten plush. He didn't think Leo had even seen Kiki's Delivery Service, but Taekwoon's love for anything cats would just make him adore the plush even more. 

"I've come up with a plan. Every monthaversary from here on out, I will buy you a kitty plush or toy of some kind. I think it'll work out great," Jaehwan said, grinning like an idiot.

"You'll run out of space." Leo simply stated, his fingers carefully playing with the ears of the soft toy.

Jaehwan chuckled and crawled back into bed with Taekwoon, hugging the older's waist. He pulled Taekwoon closer and pecked his lips. Taekwoon subconsciously snuggled closer and peeked up at Jaehwan before returning his full, undivided attention back to the Jiji plushie. 

"I'll only buy them up until a year, then you'll get a big present and then I'll just start doing anniversary gifts and milestone dates," Jaehwan explained further.

"..."

Taekwoon didn't respond, Jaehwan knew why. Taekwoon's gentle smile was infectious and soon Jaehwan was smiling again. He loved how infatuated with kittens Leo was.

Jaehwan just hugged Taekwoon close, allowing the older to snuggle in close to the younger's chest. Jaehwan gently began to run his finger's through Taekwoon's hair, smiling more when Leo had closed is eyes. Leo's fingers were still delicately wrapped around the toy's soft fur, however, his eyes were closed as he relaxed in Jaehwan's embrace, enjoying the moment of silence. Jaehwan was rarely ever silent, but he knew when he should be. Now was one of those times. 

He held Leo for a long while until Leo fell back asleep. Jaehwan didn't want to move; he didn't want to disturb Leo and ruin the wonderful moment they had shared. Instead, he just stayed still. Soon he followed Taekwoon and fell asleep as well. Taekwoon's hands still holding the kitten toy as Jaehwan held Taekwoon in his arms.