Chapter One

If I ran away, where would you look?

"Hey, beautiful."

"Um hey."

I open my eyes to the room being pitch-black and silent. Letting my eyes adjust to the darkness, I get up from the bed. The floor beneath my feet is freezing. I turn on the lights and end up blinding myself for a second. Nobody is here, only me. 

"Wonder where they went," I mumble. 

The light from the room lights up the hallway. I peek my head out the door both sides of are covered in pitch darkness. Everyone must either be asleep or not here. 

"What's your name?"

"What's yours?"

"I asked first."

"Fine, it's Jacob. Now, what's yours?"

"Yoongi and is that your real name?"

"Maybe."

Just like the hallway, the kitchen is devoured by darkness.

I turn on the lights and see there are dirty dishes in the sink. Someone needs to wash these dishes and that someone is not me. I open the fridge to find no leftovers. 

"Bastards. They didn't leave me any food." 

I slam the fridge door and walk back to my room to grab my wallet. I fell asleep without changing my clothes or taking my socks off. I put on my shoes and turn off the room light before walking out of the room. When putting on my jacket, I notice the car keys are gone. 

"Damn." 

I check my jacket pockets for my pocketknife. It's there. 

"So Jacob. Why are you sitting here alone?"

"I feel like being alone."

"Why is that?"

"It's comforting."

" it's cold."

Fall is here. I should've grabbed my beanie and scarf before leaving the house. I look to the left and right before jogging across the street. After walking for about ten minutes, I see the pojangmacha. 

"Just what I needed." 

I sit down on a blue plastic stool then order food and makgeolli to go along with it. The walls of the tent block the cold breeze which is a relief. I play a game on my phone while waiting for my food. I get bored of playing and stop after the first round. There are quite a few people here sitting, talking, eating, and drinking. 

Recently, I have been coming here alone more frequently. Namjoon or Taehyung would usually tag along. But after the fight, I don't think we are going to be buddy-buddy anytime soon. 

"Here is your food." 

"Thank you."

I don't mind being here if it's just only me, it's quite comforting. 

Hm, I remember saying similar words to Yoongi when we first meet. Not only did I say those words to Yoongi but we also meet at a pojangmacha. 

"How funny." I chuckle. 

"Oh, well I guess I should've asked if I could sit here."

"Haha, it's okay. I don't mind the company."

"I have to admit I'm a bit drunk."

"Really?"

"I wouldn't have been able to talk to you if I wasn't."

"You needed alcohol to be able to talk to me?"

"Y-Yeah."

I don't want to go back to the house. It's silent, cold, dark and lonely. I don't want to leave, unlike my home this place makes me feel... welcomed. 

But I don't have enough money to order more food or a drink. 

"Maybe I could go find an ATM."

I drink the rest of my drink, preparing to leave until a voice stops me. 

"Uh... oh are you leaving?"

"Um yeah."

"Oh uh... I uh I'm sorry."

The voice belonged to a young man with light brown fluffy hair. His voice is a bit deeper than mine. He starts turning around with his head hanging low. 

"Ah! No, it's okay." He turns back towards me. "Um, I don't have anywhere to be so... you can sit down."

He gave the cutest smile that made me feel all fuzzy inside. 

"So, Jacob."

"Yeah."

"What's bothering you tonight?"

"What's bothering me? What makes you think something is bothering me?"

"Usually when people come here they have something bothering them." 

"Really?" 

"Yeah." 

"How do you know?"

Changkyun holds his cup with two hands as I pour the soju. While I'm pouring the drink, he continues to talk about how ty his day job is and how his boyfriend acts like a child even though he is the oldest. 

"One time we were at an award ceremony– oh thank you –for a younger friend of ours, he was getting an award..."

He spoke with such energy that I couldn't resist smiling. 

"... In the corner of my eye, I can see him spinning the glass cup on top of the bottle. So like a parent I had to take the glass away from him. Then right after I did that, he started rolling the bottle on the table."

I couldn't contain the laugh that escaped from my lips. 

The story isn't that funny if I'm honest. But the way he spoke so lively and how his hands demonstrate a rolling motion made it very easy to laugh. 

"Because everytime I feel bothered I come here."

"Is something bothering you tonight?"

"Yeah."

"What is it?"

"Your name."

I don't recall the last time I laughed this hard. I know for a fact that it's mostly due to the alcohol and Changkyun's laugh. 

"I think I should head home now," Changkyun says suddenly.

"Oh."

I feel a little disappointed. I reach into my pockets for my phone. It's three o'clock. Time to head home, possibly to an empty room or home. 

Changkyun starts to stand up but stumbles. 

"Woah there. I don't think you should drive or walk." 

I grab him by the shoulders and sit him back down on the chair.

"You're right but how will I get home?"

"Uh, I could walk... with you... back to your house."

Changkyun looks up at me and smiles. 

"You would do that for me? That's so nice."

I smile back. 

"Yeah, I would. Now tell me where you live."

 


Yay! I like this chapter. It took me a bit longer than I anticipated. I wanted to finish the chapter sooner but... I had trouble with a few things. 

I want to write more but I will later. I hope you enjoy this chapter ^^