Sniffs and Whiffs

Hormones' Hoax
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skipping school wasn’t really a new thing to Chaeyoung but skipping school because of a girl was something she never expected. It’s not like she had a choice in the first place. There was this endless debate in her head; it was hard to concentrate on anything that’s happening around her. And if you have a friend like Kim Dahyun and you have a hickey on your neck, you’ll never hear the end of the you-are-definitely-gay talk, in which she strongly disagrees.

 

It’s true that she only had one past relationship and it was with someone rather handsome that most of the girls in their campus were envious of her. But… this time, she was feeling something different; something new to her senses. This girl, apparently, was capable of making Chaeyoung go ballistics. However, her ex was someone you could rely on and he loved her sincerely. It was quite obvious on the way he stared at her, like she was the only one that mattered. But she wasn’t even sure if she loved him or if it’s just because felt nice that someone took care of her. Nonetheless, both persons were making her feel important differently.

 

Chaeyoung reached her house and immediately went for a shower. She stared at herself at the mirror and her eyes landed on the mark Mina made. Perhaps it was this that lacked in her past relationship; they never had some action. If that was the case, then, everything really was just a hoax of her hormones; a deception that racked her brain all over the place. She shook her head and wiped the fog that formed on the mirror. Whatever Mina was making her feel, she needs to wipe it off stat. She’s making her lose her sanity.

 

Easier said than done.

 

 

The following day, Chaeyoung arrived in their room the earliest. It wasn’t something surprising considering the fact that she literally had zero sleep, obviously because of a certain person.

 

And speaking of the devil.

 

“Good morning.” Myoui Mina greeted with an unreadable kind of smile that it made Chaeng curious.

 

“Yeah, likewise.” Chaeyoung eyed her with a bit of suspicion. She wasn’t ready to be alone with this girl again.

 

“Is your neck okay, by the way?” Unlike yesterday, Mina’s tone shouted concern and innocence, and it made Chaeyoung unconsciously rub the spot. She only nodded in response.

 

“That’s good. You did skip school for that, didn’t you?” A cunning smirk formed on Mina’s lips.

 

Chaeyoung blushed unknowingly, the lovebite burning under her turtleneck. Mina was staring at her intensely that beads of sweat formed and trickled on her chest. It was only 7:00 AM and Chaeyoung was already grilled.

 

“Yo, smol! Why the MIA yesterday?” Chaeyoung was never this glad to hear Dahyun’s voice.

 

“Dahyun!” Chaeyoung instantaneously was on Dahyun’s side, making Mina chuckle in amusement.

 

Chaeyoung stood beside Dahyun like a guard. She’s just standing there watching her classmates fill in the empty seats, purposely not answering Dahyun’s invading questions. Considering it was her, she spat some nonsense theories about Chaeyouong’s absence. Most of it was Dahyun accusing Chaeyoung going to the newly opened bakeshop to feed her desire to spite her. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and went to her seat since the classroom was almost full.

 

“Psssst!” Dahyun, no other, intruded.

 

“What?” Chaeng was hoping Dahyun would just shut up about everything.

 

“You rarely wear turtlenecks. You’re hiding something, aren’t you?” Dahyun squinted her eyes to give emphasis to the suspicion she had.

 

“Nothing!” Chaeyoung said but her hand was on that side of her neck and her eyes were on Mina’s.

 

“You should really let me teach you some How To Lie Properly 101, you at it.” Dahyun scoffed,

 

“It’s either you tell me later or I ask her directly.” She added whilst gesturing at Mina.

 

“I hate you.” That was the only response Chaeyoung could think of.

 

 The school bell rang signaling the start of their first subject. It started quite peacefully and normally, at least on the first hour. Their second subject started and Chaeyoung can’t help but feel something moving and shifting at her back. And she fairly knows who the person sitting behind her was- Myoui Mina. She tried to ignore the persistent feeling of being watched but it was futile as she gave up easily when she caught a whiff of Mina’s scent, in which she is very familiar of. She slowly turned her head and caught Mina taking a sniff of her, with eyes closed as if memorizing her scent.

 

“What are you doing?” Chaeyoung whispered.

 

The situation was quite peculiar since it was Mina that was caught red handed but it was Chaeyoung that was blushing. The former was nonchalantly grinning at her.

 

“Your perfume is rather delicate to the nose. I can’t help but be addicted to it.” Mina smiled and it made things worse for Chaeyoung.

 

Mina wasn’t even touching her but she felt the blood rush to her neck and cheeks, making her head scarlet red once again. The palpitations of her heart can’t be ignored either. There was only one solution to this- confrontation. But will her wee heart be able to survive even the simplest of conversation?

 

 

It was lunch time and Chaeyoung found herself being dragged by Dahyun to the new bakery shop she mentioned before and, ofcourse, with our two Japanese friends. Apparently, Sana vowed to treat Dahyun lunch for her exceptionally outstanding skills in tour guiding (mostly just Sana’s point of view). And since Mina was tagging along, Dahyun, the oppressive good friend that she is, had to bring Chaeyoung with her.

 

They were seated at a round table that had just enough space for three persons and a can’t-sit-still Dahyun. Chaeyoung was seated between Sana and Mina. She was quite s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter