1/1

Velveteen heart.

YongGuk wrinkled his little nose when he opened the present his grandmother gave him. He frowned, YongNam had a wonderful lead toy soldier. Why did he get a porcelain doll? He turned to his sister, hoping that their presents were mistaken, but she had a *Barbie* doll in her hands.

"What's wrong baby?" Asked his mother when she realized that her youngest son wasn't as happy as his elder brother and sister.

"Why did I get this?" Asked in return the boy with a frown between his eyebrows and a pout in his lips. "This is a doll." He continued. "Dolls are for girls. I don't like it!" Mrs. Bang stayed silent, not knowing what to say to her youngest son. She looked over her husband, but the man wasn't in the room at the moment. Then she looked to her mother-in-law, but the old woman just lift her shoulders, with an apologetic look in her eyes. She really thought YongGuk would love the doll.
YongNam burst out in laugh, making fun of his little brother. For the elder twin that doll seemed very real for being just a doll and that made it look scarier that it actually was.
Christmas was over and the doll was forgotten in a corner in YongGuk's room. The doll stayed sit there, no one ever moved it from there. 
Years passed and YongGuk grow up to become a lonely and depressive teenager. He had no friends and wasn't getting on well with his brother. 
He had nobody to talk to, he was heartbroken and felt terribly alone.
YongGuk looked over the corner, where the porcelain doll was, 'this is crazy' he thought to himself before he got up from his bed where he was laying and took it.
He positioned the doll in his bed and sat up in font of it. "Ok, listen." He started talking. "Today I declared my feelings to the girl I like, but she rejected me." The room fall in silence again. For a moment YongGuk was waiting for it to answer him, but the doll kept silent. Its pale pink lips tight close, the eyes eternally open and there wasn't any expression in the white face. It looked death, but alive at the same time. 
Days, weeks, months and even years passed, YongGuk started to take care of the doll. First, he washed its clothes. Secondly, he styled the doll's hair and finally, YongGuk gave the doll a name. He decided to call it *Zelo*. 
YongNam and Natasha started to make fun of his youngest brother when they found out that that he played with the doll.

"You are pathetic!" Exclaimed the elder twin one night during dinner. "You must stop playing with that old doll, you look like you are insane, it's scary, you know. If you continue doing so, you will never get a girlfriend, even a friend." YongNam was about to say more, but his mother cut him off. She didn't want YongGuk to feel bad, but the youngest didn't seem to care what his twin said. He was more concerned about his ramyun.

YongGuk reached his 23 rd birthday when he decided that it was time to start living alone. He took everything with him, including Zelo.
Zelo didn't rest in a corner in YongGuk's bedroom anymore, now he had a place in the bed, later YongGuk carried him to the living room, and Zelo had a place in the sofa in front of the t.v. Some time later the doll got his place in a chair in the table, watching YongGuk eating with his dead eyes. 
But Zelo wasn't just a doll anymore. Zelo started to feel. Zelo became real.
During winter nights Zelo felt cold, so he started to move for the first time. He walked with slow and silly steps towards the bed and lied next to YongGuk. Zelo's porcelain skin wasn't cold anymore, it started to be warm.
But not everything good lasts forever. Everything ripped apart when Choi JunHong appeared. 
At the beginning YongGuk talked about the boy during hours, describing how beautiful JunHong was, how soft and pretty looked his cheeks, and a lot of other things Zelo actually didn't listened. 
Some time later YongGuk confessed to JunHong and they started dating. YongGuk was happy and Zelo was happy because YongGuk was. It wasn't actually happiness, but Zelo couldn't do anything about it.
Two months passed and JunHong started to go to YongGuk's place. First, he stayed during long hours just talking or watching some movie in the t.v., later he stayed the night and Zelo knew he lost his place in the bed, because his place has been stolen by JunHong. That winter Zelo was really cold and remembered when YongGuk was a child and he stayed in a corner watching the boy sleep.
Then JunHong started to left some clothes and a toothbrush when day time wasn't enough for the couple. Nights were strange, Zelo never understood what they did under the sheets, undressed, making strange noises. 
When JunHong was gone to university YongGuk told Zelo that they made love, but the doll didn't really understand what YongGuk wanted to tell him.
After a year JunHong moved permanently to YongGuk's place and Zelo couldn't be more unhappy. The doll lost his place in YongGuk's life, he has JunHong now.
Again, Zelo was left in a corner in the couple's bedroom. His skin wasn't warm anymore, the porcelain was becoming cold, his eyes lost their shine. But he still felt real, alive.
YongGuk got a lot of friends thanks to JunHong. YongGuk got really close with HimChan and DaeHyun, every time he was in trouble he would talk to them, he didn't talk to Zelo anymore.
Zelo didn't look alive anymore. Zelo looked dead, as always. 
Time passed and Zelo looked how everything was happening just in front of him. YongGuk and JunHong got married, they went away for some days in which HimChan and JongUp took care of the house. When the couple came back they started to talk about babies and forming a family.
YongGuk wasn't a young adult anymore. He was older and JunHong too. 
Suddenly a new voice started to be hear in the house. A baby arrived to the place. A beautiful baby girl. 
It was a week before Christmas when Zelo felt a warm hand around him. It was JunHongs. The boy  changed the doll's clothes, styled its hair and cleaned the porcelain skin. Zelo felt loved again, but he was still unhappy, he wanted YongGuk to take care of him. YongGuk was a producer, he was busy, he didn't have time to play with the doll he absolutely forgot about.
JunHong put a ribbon around Zelo's head and with it he managed to make a bow.
It was Christmas eve when YongGuk saw Zelo again, the doll looked different, but still beautiful, it still was as ethereal as years ago. 
JunHong put Zelo under the tree. YongGuk understood what JunHong wanted to do. He wanted their little girl to have Zelo. 
When the house's princess saw the doll she fell in love with it. She wasn't like YongGuk, she really love Zelo and Zelo felt loved again. This time Zelo was happy even if it wasn't YongGuk who gave him love, he was still happy. Because there isn't love as pure as a child's love.
Zelo felt real again.

 

 

.

.

.

Ok, I don't really know what is this. I was actually trying to write a three shot because it's carnival time at my town and wanted to write for the occasion, but this came out. Maybe I'll post the three shot tomorrow, shall I? And in Sunday I'll update "who killed Yoo YoungJae?" I hope you like this~ If you have doubts you can ask me. ♡