***

Panacea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- ‘Are we done for the day?’ she asked making herself comfortable in the back seat of her celebrity car, closing her eyes, and leaning her head backward.

- ‘Yes, we are, are you tired?’ the man behind the wheel asked while trying to take a glance at her through his rear-view mirror.

- ‘A little.’ she yawned and covered her entire body with the blanket that was covering her legs.

The manager looked at the time, 00:30 a.m. in red was seen behind his wheel.

- ‘Don’t worry I am fine.’ She murmured in a gentle tone from the back while keeping her eyes closed. The 30 something years old man kept silent, he knew there was no point in arguing and it will be better if she gets some sleep as she did not get any for the past 29 hours.

--

Her eyes were scanning the blackness around her. She felt blind. Her breath was becoming unsteady as her frightened eyes looked around. A light glowing in the distance caught her attention, without a second thought she ran towards it with all her might. The pain in her legs was unbearable, yet she never realized that she was barefoot, her feet full of cuts were bleeding. The night breeze was piercing through her revealed skin as her white nightdress was not covering most of it. She stopped as she reached the light which up-close was an enormous fire. The burning house in front of her brought tears to her eyes, everything was burning yet there was nothing she could do, only stare, sparkles were blocking her vision as she saw the fire through tears.

-' MOM!!! DAD!!' the voice of a crying girl being brought out of the house echoed in her ears. Her screams were filling the empty silent darkness. The little girl was kicking and moving around trying to escape from the tight hold of the firefighter, her untied wet hair was sticking to her face covering her beautiful features, from the reflection of the enormous fire in her abyss like black eyes you could tell that her eyes never left the house on fire.

 The more she watched the girl the more emotional she became, involuntary she dropped to her knees, the pebbled sidewalk priced through her skin causing blood to draw on them. Aria wanted to scream as she felt a stone on her heart and ants moving under her skin but she couldn't, her voice did not come out of as if the girl was the one who took her voice away. Their eyes interlinked and Aria saw a reflection of herself in the mesmerizing dark eyes of the little girl, the next second a bloody like scream made her entire body shiver and she felt as if falling into an abyss.

She breathed heavily as her eyes met the ceiling of her bedroom. Her forehead was wet, shivers went down her spine. 'Relax, it's just a dream' she thought to herself being afraid to speak.  She reached the pills in the drawer of her nightstand and swallowed one. Tacking one more deep breath, she forced herself to go back to sleep, which was easier said than done, her eyes continued to meet the ceiling of her room in between small intervals for more than 2 hours before she fell asleep.

--

She moved around in bed, covering her face with the white blanket, squeezing her eyes forcing them to stay closed. The alarm on the phone kept ringing for the past 2 minutes and it was getting louder and louder with each passing second. Aria kicked the blanket with her legs until it was no longer covering her body. She the side, extended her hand, and reached the phone turning off the annoying alarm. After keeping her eyes closed for few more minutes she forced herself to get off the bed, she stretched her body groaning at how stiff it was, every muscle of her body felt tired, she let the sun illuminate the room by opening the curtains of the full-length windows right next to her bed and lifted the blanket which she kicked off the bed a few seconds earlier and arranged it neatly. Scratching her head, she headed to the bathroom with half-open eyes.

After almost an hour she opened the fridge scanning its content, being left without much choice she took an apple and bit it before closing the door. She took a last look in the mirror beside her exit door, jean shorts which were barely visible under her oversized black hoodie, in one hand her wallet and phone. She arranged her cap making sure it covers her entire bare face.

- ‘Let’s go!’ she said to herself in a loud voice and exited her apartment.

--

She walked to the coffee shop close to her apartment and got her usual iced coffee, which she drank even in winter. The next stop was the beauty shop, she had an appointment today to change her light pink hair color to the usual black, as the promotions of her 1st mini album ended yesterday. Her debut mini-album was a huge success following the popularity and love she received during the survival show. It was a great marketing technic that she released 2 singles a few months after the survival program ended airing and later with another title song was released the mini-album as well. The growth in populari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter