♡ Third ♡

Just Right (A Mina x Jackson Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'This isn't working out' Mina thought to herself. After Twice's and Got7's respective comebacks, the company was now focusing on its other acts including Day6 and the subunit to be formed with Mina and Jackson. During that whole promotion cycle, Mina, with the help of her faithful best friend Sana, went on secret dates with other idols outside the company. Thinking back to those dates months ago - she remembered how disastrous they turned out.

There was this one date with a member of Monsta X and he was in definition, Adonis reincarnated. His body was a temple and Mina appreciated his dedication on keeping his body fit. Unfortunately, the moment he opened his mouth, she felt dismayed. The boy had no brain on him and she wanted to carry out intellectual conversations with her future boyfriend (if she chose to do so). After their date, he asked if he could get her number but she respectfully declined.

The next date went smoother than her first but still, she didn't feel any sparks. Although he was part of one of the most popular boy groups, she didn't see any reason for her to see him again. He felt the exact same way and thankfully, they decided to part ways.

'The last one had the most potential' She chastised herself. Everything was actually going well, but her sad self kept on comparing the guy with Jackson. So much so, that she kept on bringing Jackson up in every conversation. When said guy would say something to the effect of "my hyungs are really good rappers", Mina interjects and mentions "Jackson oppa is one of the best rappers I know." And the guy would agree and try to steer the conversation to a different direction and yet Mina inserts the former's name. It was really starting to get out of hand.

"I need to start working out again, I've been gaining weight since my group's not promoting right now."

"Really? I think it's great that you're thinking of gaining definition. Jackson oppa is also fit." 

"Umm, not to be a downer but I am kind of getting the feeling that you like Jackson hyung. He's from Got7 right?"

"Huh, what makes you think that?" Mina asked incredulously. If some random guy could find out her affection for the boy in one sitting, who said Jackson wouldn't find out her crush on him as soon as they worked together? She thought that she was one of the most secretive people she knew so it took her by surprise when someone can blatantly spot her crush. 

"Well every time I talk about something, you bring him up. It's okay. It was too good to be true anyways. I'm never lucky when it comes to girls. I found you really pretty too."

"I'm so sorry. I apologize for being rude. To be honest, I went on this date because I need to forget him. I don't think he feels the same way."



"Well, he's a fool to not like you." He extends his hand and places it on top of hers. She doesn't make a move to remove it.

"Thanks." As she gave him a smile. They exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch. And even though everything was platonic, Mina was grateful she found another friend - a male perspective would help her out tremendously in the days to come.

And the day came when Mina and Jackson were given their debut song. It was similar to Troublemaker's Now but tamer. The vocal require

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter