Final

Crash

We’re two planes on the same track on different sides of the same sky. You from the north, I from the south.

We’re headed for a collision, large bodies drawn together by an invisible string—both hoping that the other move. In the big blue sky with infinite space and impermissible winds, we have time.

The sky is bright and open—cloudless. Below us lush forest as far as the eyes can see; on the horizon a titan of earth stands under the gleaming sun.

In the open air we are unhindered, yet we continue on our paths.

As we approach each other, I heed the unspoken rule: Don’t crash. My mind tells me pull down and rise above, to swerve left, swerve right. Anything. It screams at me, orders me to move, tells me to do something.

But in the darkest, deepest recesses of my mind there is a whisper. It’s low and deep, a rumbling against the thrumming noise against my head. As logic scratches and claws, I listen to the madness.

I speed up.

I hurtle towards you. I race through the clear sky, this unknown fear and excitement ring through my ears, cascades through my body, shakes through every fiber of my being, and courses through the erratic beating of my unstilled heart.

We inch closer, and closer, and closer.

You try to move, but it’s too late. For only a second, our eyes meet.

Crash.

An unholy meeting of fire and steel. Screams and echoes of final breaths wretch through the sky. A symphony of metal and smoke blaring in the oasis of calm.

I feel the hot metal course through my skin, I taste the steel of blood passing through my lips. As we descend into a burning inferno, just before our lives evaporate into the once calm sky—I feel alive.

For one moment, for one glorious moment, we are a beautiful catastrophe. An airborne spectacle of wretched beauty.

For one moment, I want to crash into you…

 

 

 

But I don’t.

Instead I listen to logic bellowing insanely in my chest. I listen to the breath that leaves my tongue and look at the brightness that envelopes the world. I glance at the empire of the clouds, then inhale.

I pull up.

Our noses do not meet. But I see you for a fleeting second as you pass by. You don’t glance, eyes forward to your destination.

I do the same.

Once again we’re two planes in the same path on different sides of the same sky…

CRASH.

Baekhyun’s stirs, craning his neck to the source of the ruckus.

He sees them sprawled on the floor.

The taller one, with the bright eyes and the ears too large for his head. Whose smile was warm like a blanket in the cold night, and whose voice was like waves ebbing across the hot sand on clear summer’s day. His name’s Chanyeol.

The other one was shorter, with eyes too large and cheeks too supple. Whose lips were trembling slightly, gaze downcast. But the tint of rosy pink on the tip of his ears as he fumbles to grab his things is still evident. So was the warm gaze the other was giving him. His name’s Do Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun turns back and goes on his way. He doesn’t look back.

---

A/N

I do not know where this came from. I'm sorry I haven't been updating my other stories. Bye