final.

Bubbles and Breakfast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A warm, soft bed might be the second best thing in Yixing’s hectic life. Feeling his back crack when he bends over the kitchen sink and his still puffy eyes sting by the sharp rays of the early Sunday sun, he lets out a yawn and grabs the nearest mug. Washing it half-heartedly, using only tepid water since his hands are all dry, he shuts his eyes and scolds himself. If you hadn’t been too lazy to wash them immediately, then you wouldn’t have to be standing here right now.

His body is aching due to a weekend full of work, and although he prefers his vacations to be on Saturdays, he still hums in relief at the thought of spending the next few days at home. Feeling the mug slip his fingers, wet and slippery because of all the soap and water, he opens his eyes and watches it crack in the sink. It’s his favourite mug. Well, was.

A groan leaves his lips as he reaches down to pick up the pieces, back still cracking and head still hurting. He didn’t sleep a blink last night since his work leaves him too stressed out to fully relax, and although he would rather spend this morning in bed than bent over the sink, he couldn’t bring himself to stay in the sheets. Work is a and so is his mind, because no matter how much he wants to treat himself some well-deserved rest, his conscience keeps nagging him to keep on struggling.

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping, hyung?”

The voice catches him off-guard and he stumbles, not until now realising that he never cared to put on any pants. Turning around with a blush on his cheeks, he covers his crotch with his sudsy hands and mumbles in embarrassment and mild surprise.

“Sehun, how did you-”

“You gave me your key, remember? Last week.”

Sehun is shining but not like the sun, neither like the snow spread out heavy over the windowsills. It’s that special glow of his, the kind that caught Yixing staring on that day a few weeks ago, and it’s now accompanied by that typical smile. A warm, gentle smile able to drain one of stress, almost like the defective rubber plug letting all water escape Yixing’s kitchen sink. A bit better, though, Yixing thinks while trying to contain himself. A lot better, actually.

“Here, I brought breakfast,” Sehun chuckles when Yixing just keeps gaping, flushed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter