My One and Only

My One and Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]My One and Only[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]by ilovesungyeollie

drama, slight angst, romance[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

Jimin walks out of Yoongi's company building, arms carrying his laptop and notebook.

"Thank you so much Jimin. Even coming here to help me plan. I really am so busy these days I can’t even find a better place for you to work.” Yoongi-hyung said, glancing over at him.

Jimin waved his hand dismissively. “It’s not a problem Yoongi-hyung. After all you’re the one paying me. Anyways, the couches in your office are so comfortable I almost didn’t want to leave.”

Jimin and Yoongi both laughed as they walked down the concrete path. They could easily talk and joke around after seeing each other often over the last few weeks whilst planning Yoongi's boyfriend’s birthday.

Yoongi stopped by his car before turning to face Jimin. “Jimin, I want to treat you to lunch for all the help you’ve given me these last three weeks.”

“No no, there’s no need hyung. Like I said, this is my job.” Jimin tried to decline but Yoongi was persistent.

“Come on, I insist. Plus, who can say no to free food?” Yoongi persuaded, winking at the end. He pulled the passenger door open and looked at Jimin expectantly.

Jimin laughed as he got into Yoongi’s car. “Alright then hyung. You win.

Yoongi closed the door and walked to the driver's side, getting in and starting the car. He drove them to a nearby restaurant. It was classy but not too upscale and perfect for friendly lunches. The two of them got a table by the window and not too far from the door. While waiting for their food, they chatted lightly about random stuff; the weather, sports, music. Jimin talked and joked endlessly, making Yoongi laugh.

However, they were brought out of their conversation by somebody clearing their voice. Jimin looked up and saw a familiar caramel haired man standing by their table. The man was staring at Yoongi with an angry expression and his hands were clenched by his side. Jimin let out an inaudible gasp and his eyes widened when he realised that this must be Yoongi's boyfriend, Hoseok. Jimin looked at Yoongi who had turned pale and rigid before glancing back at the fuming Hoseok.

“I can’t believe you Min Yoongi.” Hoseok spoke with such a piercing voice that even caused Jimin to flinch. Jimin was frozen as he silently watched Yoongi stand up and try to explain to Hoseok.


“Hoseok—“

“Why did you lie to me? You told me you had something to do but you wouldn’t tell me what. You asked me to trust you and told me to believe you weren’t seeing someone else. And I did. I am such a fool for falling for your words.”

Hoseok's voice was rising in volume and Jimin was aware of people starting to turn and look. Feeling overwhelmed, Jimin could only sit in his seat and listen as Yoongi's boyfriend continued to half yell at Yoongi.

“You said you loved me; were they just empty words? If you didn’t want me anymore you could’ve just told me. I never thought you would be the type to cheat.” Hoseok spat out.

Hearing the word 'cheat', Jimin felt himself start to panic. He and Yoongi were just friends, he had a boyfriend already and–

“No. Don’t say anything. I won’t believe you this time. Not when there is clear evidence right here.” Hoseok continued to speak, throwing a glare at Jimin.

Jimin flinched violently, hands starting to shake. He didn't do well during confrontations and especially not in ones where he was being accused of being a homewrecker in public. He could feel a panic attack coming on which was not good. He barely noticed Hoseok storming away and Yoongi apologising before also leaving. What Jimin was well aware of however, was that the entire restaurant was still staring at him. Head down, Jimin made his fringe cover most of his face so nobody could see the tears building up in his eyes. His breath was coming out in pants and his hands were still shaking as he reached into his pocket for his phone.

Shakily, Jimin dialled a number before sticking his phone to his ear. With each ring of the dial tone, Jimin could feel his panic and nervousness increasing. When the call went to voicemail, Jimin almost burst into tears but he held it back, telling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter