two.

scarcity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] TWO. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] the boy and his walkman [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

Had it not been for the young boy's innocent demeanor, Eunji would have driven the child out of town; running and screaming for his sacred life, hoping he would never have the unlucky fate of meeting Jung Eunji again. He had robbed her of her precious money on many accounts that were unable to tally on the amount of limbs you had on your hand. Robbed was a bit of a harsh word, more so as cheated—innocently cheated. He lived with his own entity in a shed a couple blocks down the ramen shop. They knew each other since he was a fragile boy, and she took him under her wing like an angel disguised as a manly fighter stained with red markings and bruises. He was ten while she was fourteen and they did things like play checkers and on the rare occasion, share a sweet potato for a dollar from the old grandpa that lived on Blackstreet. This was where he cheated her; she would swear he would have to pay the next time but whenever she would see his body hanging on for its dear life, the skin sticking to his bones, she'd become putty and tell him she'd pay the next day. Then the next day she would see him adorning the same shirt he wore yesterday: his iconic Iron Maiden shirt which she had bought when Yoongi snuck a Walkman from a fighter and gave it to Jungkook. When she would see the beaten up shirt, then she'd acquire him a new one. And so on, it kept going: Jungkook cheating his older friend this way.

So maybe it was fair that Yoongi had taken it from him because after all, Jungkook was Jungkook, and it wouldn't take much coercing or threatening for him to cough up some money for his precious sister figure. Especially not from someone he deeply admired like Yoongi. 

Yet the short brunette found herself trudging her dark boots and tattooed-red hands to Jeon Jungkook's shed. Just like her own, his door was a fraction away from collapsing and giving up, as if its life had barely meaning now. She'll have to find some time to fix it for him later that week. Knocking was foreign between Eunji and the familiar door, so she swung it open, almost sure it would come crashing down in a tragic demise. 

He was sitting on the floor with a book in his hand and the other buried deep in ice. Earphones led up to his ear, the other end lodged in his Walkman. He didn't notice her so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter