The Heart Follows Time

The Heart Follows Time {BTS - Yoonmin One-Shot}

 

 

It’s a normal day in January when Jimin finds himself sitting in his favorite coffee shop, a large cup of black dark roast coffee in his hands and his will to live somewhere else entirely. He ultimately gravitates to this small coffee place during his early mornings when he feels like he would literally rather do anything than be awake at that very moments in time, relying on their coffee as driving force. Adjusting to his early morning death-like school schedule has been hard to say the least.

 

So, thats how and why he is currently here, knocking on heaven’s door.

 

He just sits at his table for a few minutes, drumming his fingers on the dark wood of his usual table, the background music of the shop almost lulling him into a trance-like state, before he even attempts to drink any of the coffee still resting imposingly in front of him. He looks down to see his watch glinting with the numbers 5:45 in the early morning light from his spot by the window and he wonders why he even is living. He’s running on so little sleep he wouldn’t even be surprised if he started hallucinating, the numbers of his watch suddenly melting or something equally as terrifying happening before his tired eyes. It’s only a few seconds later that he hears his phone ping from his pocket with a notification, reminding him why he gets up at the actual crack of dawn with no sleep to show for it.

 

He pulls his phone out the pocket of his oversized sweatshirt and holds it up in front of his tired eyes. He sees the one little notification he had been waiting for, and with it all these mornings once again seem worth it.

 

Radio Host: Suga D opens the morning show

 

Jimin does a small excited dance in his seat, almost spilling his cup of death coffee, and quickly taps the notification to open up the Radio Host app. He immediately scrambles to put his headphones in his ears as the app opens up to his favorite radio show. 

 

The show’s host, the wonderful Suga D and his very own actual real-life boyfriend with a voice like God himself, opens the show with said deep timbre of a voice, and Jimin wants to melt right there in his chair. They are a long distance couple and have been dating for a little more than a year, and Jimin has never been more in love, even if they get to see each other every once in a blue moon.

 

“Good in’ morning listeners, it’s Suga D, here to bring you the latest in the best music this side of the equator because why the not; it’s not like you have anything better to do at, what… five AM? Now, we have some pretty great tracks in store this hour, with the great little piece of underaged trash named Jeon Jungkook singing some live for us, and finally, a track of my own that I have prepared especially for a, ahem, special someone in my life” 

 

‘Suga D’, also known to Jimin as the one and only Min Yoongi, finishes his introduction quickly with a small embarrassed quality to his voice and Jimin feels like he might actually die, this time not from lack of sleep, but under other more embarrassing circumstances because he is that ‘special someone’. 

 

After a small little radio-jingle toon chimes, he hears a familiar song fade in, one of his personal favorites, and he decides to try and calm down, and places his phone faced down on the small table in front of him, deciding that he would rather just listen to the song without reading any comments from other listeners. Some of the listeners of Yoongi’s radio show are a little bit thirsty for Jimin’s liking, and he does want to go into this feeling weird or jealous.

 

The song continues to play peacefully, and Jimin finally reaches for his death coffee, now finally cool enough for human consumption, and takes a big gulp, feeling slightly more human as the warm liquid seems to invigorate him. 

 

After a few minutes of Jimin sitting peacefully, looking around the small shop with its warm toned red walls and high ceiling all while zoning out slightly, Jimin is startled out of his zone-out and brought back to earth when the song ends and Yoongi’s voice fades back in. 

 

“Well I hope everyone enjoyed that, and now, we have the snot-nosed red faced little known as Jungkook here to sing a rendition of – ” Yoongi’s voice pauses and Jimin can hear him pull away from the mic and yell to someone in his studio “– some song by some guy named Charlie about not talking? I don't know, just stay tuned ers and you’ll find out” 

 

Yoongi’s voice fades out again and is replaced by Jungkook – a personal friend of both Yoongi and Jimin who used to go to the same college as Jimin – his voice softer and slightly higher than Yoongi’s as he briefly introduces the song he will be singing. 

 

“Oh you're ever the charmer Yoongi…“ Jungkook comments trailing off, and Jimin laughs a bit as he hears Yoongi pipe in from the background with a shouted ‘thats Yoongi-hyung to you kid’. Jungkook just laughs into his mic, and briefly introduces the song he will be singing; ‘We don't talk anymore’. 

 

Jungkook’s voice is so clear and tinted with his own unique distinctly Jungkook quality, that Jimin feels an odd pride swell up in his chest at his little talented dongsaeng, and thinks on how much he misses his friends, most of which live on the other side of the state with Yoongi and Jungkook. His most great friend and boyfriend of Jungkook, Taehyung, at least still lives here with him, so Jimin is thankful to have him. He and Taehyung are childhood friends, but have bonded more and more in college and over their mutual suffering due to their long-distance relationships. 

 

Jungkook eventually finishes his song, and Jimin picks up his phone to see the live comments people are leaving, all of which are complimenting him on his great performance. Jimin himself decides to leave a comment, wanting to show how proud of Jungkook he is.

 

1&onlyJimbles: Good job Kookie monster!! U still sound like a twelve year old tho :)

 

 

He hears Jungkook laugh, probably reading the comments, and he himself laughs a bit to himself, even though he still dearly misses his friends. As if sensing Jimin’s slight bout of longing, Yoongi’s voice fades back into Jimin’s ears, as he begins to announce the next song.

 

“So with this hour about half over, I, um, I-I just want to…” Jimin frowns a bit to himself; Yoongi is not the type to stutter “I want to dedicate these next few songs to the person I, uh, I care about most in this world –“ he cuts himself off and Jimin can hear him yelling ‘shut the up fetus’ into the back of the studio “– well, um, as I was saying, I want to dedicate these songs, my own self made songs, to… well you know who you are.. and I lo-like you a lot, and I miss you” 

 

Yoongi finishes without any flourish and surprisingly without cursing, and in fades a beautiful melody and Jimin might ing cry right there in that stupid coffee shop at 5 in the ing morning because his boyfriend made a song for him. Yoongi may not have say it in the most romantic way, but it’s so Yoongi, and it makes Jimin miss him more than he ever has. 

 

The song continues to play, a Korean song, put together by Yoongi, that includes parts from all of his friends back where Yoongi lives, and as Jimin listens to the lyrics, he almost starts crying.

 

 

When I say that I want to see you

I want to see you even more

When I see pictures of you

I want to see you too

Time is too cruel

I hate us

Now it’s hard to even see each other

Even once anymore

 

Jimin can hear Jungkook’s voice, Seokjin’s voice, Yoongi’s rap, and even Namjoon and Hoseok too. 

 

He is so emerged in listening to the song, the lyrics fitting his situation with Yoongi so perfectly, he feels his heart beat faster as tears well in his eyes. Yoongi has always been the more quiet one in their relationship, never the first to initiate something, which often left Jimin feeling like maybe Yoongi didn’t love Jimin as much and Jimin loved him.

 

But this song completely erases those thoughts from his mind. It turns out all this time, during their late night text conversations, phone calls, and grainy Skype calls, that Yoongi felt the same, and that he misses Jimin too. Yoongi was never forward with anything, so this felt like a shot to the heart coming from him. 

 

Jimin feels tears fall down his cheeks, which startles him back to reality, and he listens as the bridge of the song plays, and as he hears Taehyung’s voice utter “I know it all; you’re my best friend” in english, living Jimin feeling shell shocked, the early time of morning forgotten.

 

As the song ends, and another soon follows, Jimin stands up abruptly, making a decision he hadn't even known he was thinking about. He grabs his phone from off the table, his headphones still in his ears, and brings a sleeve to wipe his eyes, collecting himself. He resolutely grabs his coffee and turns around, quickly making his way to the door of the shop, ignoring the odd look the barista shoots him. 

 

Once out on to the street, he is greeted by cool morning air as the sun, barely up in the sky, shines warmly on the pavement. He takes a second to take a breath, calming himself down as he makes a plan of his next move, barely even listening as Yoongi says his final thoughts and signs off the radio because….

 

classes, he’s going to see Yoongi. 

 

 

__________

 

 

Looking back, Jimin thinks he maybe could have planned this out better, but Jimin has a tendency to act irrationally, so he thinks this is probably not the worst planned thing he has ever done. Well, hind-sight is 20/20, but Jimin doesn’t regret his choice to sprint back to his apartment and pack, all while booking the first train tickets he can find that go across the state to see Yoongi as soon as possible.

 

As soon as he has some clothes and toiletries packed into a bag, he throws his coat on and shoves his feet into his sneakers, making his way out of his apartment quickly and closing the door noisily behind him. It may be 7 am, but he has places to be, dammit. 

 

He quickly walks down a few flights of stairs to reach the main hall of his apartment building, and pushes through the main door, cold air greeting him as he steps out on to the increasingly busy street next to his apartment. He shoulders his bag and steps on to the curb, putting his hand out to try and hail a cab.

 

Eventually a driver takes pity on him and pulls over, and Jimin climbs in, closing the door behind him, quickly telling the driver to take him to the main train station. 

 

 

__________

 

 

When the driver pulls up at the station after a 10 minute drive, Jimin pays hastily, and jumps out of the car, grabbing his bag and throwing it over his shoulder. He had the terrible idea to pay in advance for a train about 15 minutes from now, so once he is in the station, he walks briskly over to the ticket machine, entering in his name and reservation number, tapping his foot impatiently as the machine takes its sweet time printing his ticket.

 

When the machine finally spits out his ticket, he grabs it and briefly looks up at the clock, seeing he only has a few minutes till his train arrives. He fast walks over to the ticket checker, his thoughts on seeing Yoongi becoming more and more strong, shoving his ticket into the machine and pushing through the little doors, making his way to the escalator and up to his platform. 

 

When he reaches his platform, he sees his train already sitting there waiting, other passengers stepping on. He runs over, going through the door, and finally letting out a breath he didn’t know he was holding as he walks into the train, trying to find his seat. He spots his seat, a nice window seat on the left side, and puts his bag on the upper storage, sitting down.

 

An announcement sounds from above telling him that the train is leaving the station, so he gets comfortable, pulling out his phone and headphones, clicking replay on the radio host app, replaying Yoongi’s earlier show as the train pulls out the station. 

 

Jimin knows he is being impulsive, but at the same time, he can’t shake the feeling that he just needs to see Yoongi, even if Yoongi is an abrasive grump half the time. He loves him, more than he can say, and hearing what he said on his show and the song.. it’s all just too much. Yoongi is like his other, more angry, half, and he wants to feel whole again.

 

__________

 

 

At some point Jimin must have fallen asleep soon after he got on the train, as when he suddenly wakes up, the sun is higher in the sky, and he is a few stops away from his destination. He quickly rubs the sleep out of his eyes and yawns, stretching his arms over his head and working out a cramp in his neck. 

 

Feeling slightly more refreshed from his impromptu nap, he pulls his phone up, going to pause his music when he sees he has 16 text notifications, all except two of them are from Yoongi. Jimin sobers up from any residual grogginess and sits up in his seat, unlocking his phone and going to his text messages to see what Yoongi said in fourteen messages, because it’s unusual for him to even send one text message, let alone fourteen.

 

 

grump:  hey did you listen to my show this morning?

 

grump: jimin?

 

grump: was it that bad?

 

grump: did you even watch it ?

 

grump: oh wait it was like 5 am

 

grump: jimin

 

grump: …

 

 

 

The rest of the messages were sent later, around noon, a little while before Jimin woke up.

 

 

grump: im sorry

 

grump: ur probably weirded out 

 

grump: why didnt i listen to the fetus

 

grump: jimin answer me please

 

grump: are you okay?

 

grump: im sorry

 

grump: if you want to break up i understand

 

 

The last few, and only messages not from Yoongi, are from Jungkook.

 

 

kookie: What did you do to Yoongi?? He locked himself in his apartment and we think he might be depressed??? 

 

kookie: plz do smthn hes rlly emo

 

 

Jimin doesn’t know whether he should laugh or cry at all of the texts, and eventually decides to do neither. He also doesn’t know if he should reply to Yoongi, knowing that he tends to take things weirdly over text, as he is a more ‘actions speak louder than words' kind of person. 

 

Jimin eventually decides that he will just leave the texts at read, which may not be the best idea, but he will be at Yoongi’s place soon, so he will be able to explain himself and hopefully avoid confusion. Hopefully being the key word there. 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

 

The train eventually stops at Jimin’s destination, and he collects his belongings and his bag from above, and makes his way off the train and onto the familiar dark platform of the train station he’s been to so many times. 

 

The station is bustling as usual, and Jimin feels like he’s coming home. He starts to feel a giddy sensation curl in his stomach as he walks along the platform and to the large archway and escalators at the end of the platform. 

 

As he walks out of the station and down to the street to try and grab a taxi, he feels nervousness also join the giddiness in him, and he begins to second guess himself. Was this really a good idea? Is Yoongi angry at him? He doesn't make a habit of ignoring text messages, but it happens sometimes, so it should be fine, right?

 

He eventually flags a taxi and climbs in the back, rattling off Yoongi’s address to the driver, who just nods and drives off, effectively preventing Jimin from changing his mind as he is driven away towards Yoongi’s apartment.

 

It’s a short drive, maybe 5 minutes, and soon Jimin finds himself on the curb, once again, thinking about his choices. 

 

He eventually steels himself and feels his longing to be with Yoongi returning quickly as he walks through the nice door to Yoongi’s building, the building he also shares with the rest of their friend group, whom of which Jimin is also excited to see. 

 

Jimin clicks the button for the 5th floor when he gets into the small elevator, and feels his stomach drop with the climb of the elevator. His heart starts beating faster, and he fiddles with the handle on his bag as he waits for the elevator to stop. 

 

The ding of the elevator stopping jars him into action, and he steps out, and walks quickly down the hallway to Yoongi’s door at the very end, the door with a brass number seven nailed to it. 

 

Jimin stops right in front of the door and steels his nerves, feeling his heart still beating, but this time with anticipation for being back with Yoongi, who he has missed for months. 

 

He raises his hand and knocks, not doing a special knock like he usually does, but a normal knock, hoping Yoongi will answer the door not expecting him. Jimin feels like he's almost cheating him somehow, and hopes with all his heart that Yoongi will be as glad to see Jimin as Jimin is to see him 

 

He waits a few moments, and hears faint footsteps from inside, as well as following sigh as Yoongi walks towards the door. 

 

Jimin’s heart is beating out of his chest as he places his bag next to him on the floor and waits, staring at the wood door in tense anticipation and longing.

 

He hears the footsteps stop in front of the door, and the deadbolt being unlocked. Then the door its opening and Jimin might actually faint right then and there.

 

The door swings open on squeaky un-greased hinges, and there stands Yoongi, in his obnoxious pink-haired sleepy-eyed glory. He has his eyes closed, and his oversized sweater paws at face when he tilts his head up to look at Jimin. 

 

When he finally opens his eyes, he looks stricken as he looks into Jimin’s eyes, barely two feet from him. 

 

Jimin finally can’t take it anymore and he launches himself over the threshold and into Yoongi’s arms, feeling his heart beating out of his chest and blooming with love for the sleepy grumpy figure in front of him.

 

His wraps his arms around Yoongi, burying his face into his neck and breathing in his familiar and comforting warm scent that is distinctly Yoongi.

 

Yoongi makes a distressed noise and wraps his arms around Jimin as well, pulling him tighter to his person and further into the apartment. They stay like that for a few moments, Jimin listening to Yoongi’s equally fast heartbeat and just feeling him there, unlike when they usually talk or text, this is real and Jimin has never been so content to just hug someone.

 

Jimin finally pulls away slightly, his arms still around Yoongi, but enough that he can look into Yoongi’s eyes. When he meets his gaze, there is surprise but also something so soft that Jimin is speechless as they look at each other; he has almost never seen this side of Yoongi, the man who is also also stoic, quiet and received about his feelings showing such affection openly has Jimin’s heart soaring.

 

Yoongi finally pulls away more so that he can look at Jimin more.

 

“W–what are you doing here? I thought you–“ Yoongi doesn't finish, but instead just looks at Jimin, his face confounded as he swallows nervously.

 

“I needed to see you..after that show, the song, I just–“ Jimin takes a shaky breath, his heart still beating fast “I love you” he breathes out.

 

“I–I love you too, Jimin, , I–I thought you hated me” Yoongi bites out, shocked but sounding relieved and sort of confused.

 

“No you , I loved that song so ing much, and it was about us, and you said you missed me, and I missed you more than I can even ing express– “ Jimin is cut off by Yoongi pulling him in by his shirt, pulling him further into the apartment as he kicks the door shut with his foot, and finally pushing Jimin up against the door forcefully.

 

Before JImin can continue, Yoongi is looking at him intensely, his dark eyes focused, framed by his bright pink hair. Jimin swallows, feeling anticipation building in his gut as Yoongi leans forward slowly, his naturally pink lips opened slightly, and his breath just as quick as Jimin’s own. Finally Jimin closes his eyes and makes the move to connect their lips in a searing kiss. Yoongi kisses back with fervent intensity, taking Jimin’s lower lip between his teeth, inciting a quiet moan from Jimin, a as he curls his hand into Jimin’s hair pulling his head back and depending the kiss even further.Yoongi then tugs them closer with his other hand until they are together and practically breathing the same air. 

 

Jimin eventually pulls away with a soft groan, his back resting against the door, looking back into Yoongi’s even darker eyes, his dark hooded gaze intense, and his soft pink lips parted as he pants.

 

“I missed you” Yoongi says, his gaze going more soft as his hand drifts down from the back of Jimin’s neck to rest around his waist, pulling Jimin against him so their whole torsos are pressed together. 

 

Jimin laughs softly, craning his head forward and placing a gentle kiss to Yoongi’s jaw. 

 

“We are so ing cheesy” he laughs quietly, pulling back and looking at Yoongi. Jimin is blessed with one of Yoongi’s gummy smiles as leans back into place a kiss against Jimin’s lips in agreement. 

 

“I kinda like it” Yoongi eventually replies, his smile more gentle this time, and Jimin feels like he’s seeing something just for him, that no one before him has, which makes him feel elated, no longer worried about loving Yoongi more than he is loved, because he doesn't care; he’s going to love Yoongi with all he has and he doesn’t give a if Yoongi doesn’t show his love, because Yoongi wrote a song for him, and Jimin is so disgustingly happy about it. 

 

 

(Bonus:

 

Jungkook and Hoseok are sitting in the living room of their shared apartment, their gazes locked on the tv as they clutch their xbox controllers tightly, the game they’re playing flashing as they are locked in battle, when they hear a loud creak, and a few moments later, a door closing loudly, the sound echoing in the hallway. 

 

Hoseok pauses the game, pulling his headset off of his head, and looking over to Jungkook next to him. Jungkook shrugs, pulling off his headset as well. 

 

Hoseok then leans back in his chair, the back creaking as looks down the hallway behind him towards their front door where he heard the noise come from.

 

“What was that?” Jungkook asks, leaning his chair back on the two back legs and looking down the hallway.

 

Before Hoseok can reply, he hears another loud thump, and the a peal of high pitched laughter, seemingly coming from across the hallway. 

 

Hoseok and Jungkook look back at each other, their gazed meeting, and they are both thinking the same thing.

 

“Jimin must be here” Hoseok says, leaning back forward on his chair.

 

Jungkook snorts out a laugh. “Good, now Yoongi-hyung won’t be emo anymore”

 

Hoseok laughs, pulling his headset back on, but before they can go back to their game, Namjoon pokes his head around the walls by the tv, his eyebrows furrowed as he narrows his eyes and looks down the hallway.

 

“What was that loud- noise?” he grumbles out, probably woken up from the door to Yoongi’s apartment slamming.

 

“Jimin’s come to visit” Jungkook replies simply, putting his headset back on and going back to the game.

 

Namjoon scoffs. “Good, now Yoongi won’t be cranky and ing emo anymore” he says bitterly, and turns around shuffling back to his room.

 

)

 

 

 

Thanks for reading bro, I hope you enjoyed it. If you didn't throw upon because of fluffy-ness, congratulations, here's a prize. oh that that bonus thing was a last minute choice because I wanted to end it where it ended, but I also wanted to kinds mention the other members, so that bonus happened.

 

Lemme know what you think, and once again, thank you bros