CHAPTER 1

You're my Romeo, I'm your Juliette

CHAPTER 1

I woke up as early as I have to. There were really a lot of adjustments. Oppa still goes in a University even if he already finished his first college course, and has his permanent work. Appa asked him to take business related degree as well to be the next one to run our company. Oppa didn’t complain, because our company is somehow related to his interests. Appa runs one of Asia’s best online games programming company. And as I eavesdropped before, most of the games that our company’s making is based on Japanese or Korean Animation which oppa loves most. I really don’t have any interest with those stuffs, I just can’t help it, because I sometimes heard appa and oppa discussing about that.

What’s my inside interest is fashion. I love shopping, buying dresses, make ups, like a typical lady now-a-days. I think I got this from my eomma. Me and eomma are really both a fashion buddies. Having a fashion interest, eomma made to be one of the stockholders of Korea’s best cosmetic company producer.

This is my family looks like, even though we are technically away from each other, we had some things to be linked for us to feel that we are really a well-bonded family.

My packed lunch is ready, everything is ready. I’ll go with oppa, since the road to my new school and oppa’s university is just in one way. We walked to the bus stop while oppa is starting now to nag me. This is really my breakfast every day. I don’t mind my oppa’s nag; I am more concerned on what will be my first day. That is the only thing runs in my mind right now.

We reached the bus stop and wait for my cousin to come. Lee Taemin. Taemin’s mother is Appa’s only sister. He is just five months older than me and he is in the second year in senior high like me, but unfortunately, we have different classes. So I really need to give all the guts. Whew!

And my handsome cousin comes, he never changed he still as cute as ever. As admirable as ever. Hehe! He just got taller, and made him ‘more handsomer’. Yeah, Taeminie deserves a redundancy with his cuteness.

I gave him a huge smile when he finally noticed us. He swayed his hand for us and runs.

“I am so sorry to keep you waiting.” He said.

“We just got here, no big deal.” Oppa said. “Take care of Hyemi, Taem, she could be so idiot sometimes.”

“Excuse me, oppa?  You’re more idiot than me. Hmmp!” I said. Then slightly push oppa.

“Hahaha, you guys didn’t change at all. I missed you, you know?” Taemin said.

“Nope, Hyemi is a lot fatter than you visit us in Daejeon months ago.” Oppa argued.

“Oppa!” I hushed this scumbag. He’s really into that, teasing and nagging me every morning.

“Alright, enough for today. You take care, guys. I need to go.” Oppa said and rides in a Taxi.

“Let’s go, Hyemi?” Taemin asks, and I nodded.

“You’re a lot taller now, Taem. And you are still handsome as ever.”

“You bet! It really runs in our blood.” Taemin whole-heartedly answered with full of confidence with matching flip on his hair.

“Oh gosh. I never expect that. You don’t seem that you are humble enough, man.” I .

“You are stating the fact, of course I have to agree on that.”

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. But anyways, just a side thought, are all of male students in Kang Nam Highschool are as handsome as Taemin? Haha. I hope so. It could be a lot more fun, I think, to stop Taem in for dreaming that he is the most handsome as ever. Haha!

We’re almost there, few more steps, we will enter n my new school. And as we go nearer and nearer, I feel more nervous.

And we entered. Everybody is looking at us, to Taemin? Yeah, partly. To me? Yes, most of them. But why?

This is really what I hated most – everyone’s attention. Everyone’s criticism, to be precise. I bowed my head due to shyness as well. I really can’t hear that I am breathing, all I hear is my heart’s throbs.

Due to this irritating feeling, I never noticed that we are already in my classroom, and Taemin simply grabbed my hand, he may be felt that I am really nervous right now.

“You can do that, Hyemi. Aja!” he cheered me up. I smiled back at him. A very slight smile then he go and let me enter into my new classroom, and face my new classmates.

The feeling now is more intense. A smaller space, more eyes to look at me. I really hate this! I wanted to run, but I can’t.

At one side of the four corners of this classroom, there were two noisy buddies that seems don’t care that I entered this classroom. They were just making a lot of noise.

That guy who is wearing an eye glass was excessively… cute, I presumed? Oh, no… I mean, he actually noisy. I hate noisy places wherein I cannot have my focus. Yes. I was raised in a solemn environment and this place will be my biggest challenge in my life.

I stand in the front of the classroom waiting for our homeroom teacher to come. She’ll be introducing me to the whole class, that makes me nervous. I really cannot hear anything but this class’ noise. I sighs and just observe these people that I will spend with my whole semester.

That guy with glasses, as I have heard with the entire class, his name is Jinki. He had a glance to me and made me more nervous. I just don’t know that when the time he stared at me the one lady beside to him looked at me as well, like she is teasing me or what. Then out of a blue that Jinki guy grabbed that lady’s hand and as I have heard her name is Eunkyung and tell something to her.

Once again, the momentum that I hated most, the both of them stared at me like there is no tomorrow. I looked away and just pray that our teacher to come… it takes me a millennium to stand in this side of this room and feels the tension with these people in front of me.

A tap on my shoulder made me shocked.

“Yow!” this Eunkyung girl approached me. “Hi! I am Eunkyung. I beli-“

“Hush… Hush.. you are making a lot of noise again, children.” Fortunately our teacher came.

“Hi, Se-im.” Eunkyung greeted our teacher.

“You again, Eunkyung-ah. Go back to your seat.”

“I will just ask what is her name, Jinki is very curious about her.” And the class was just stared at me and to that Jinki-guy when Eunkyung said that.

“Not again, Eunkyung. You’re the curious one here. Wanna tell me why?” Jinki responded.

“Stop making excuses, Jinki the Jinx.”

“You two are causing a lot of noise again. Go back to your seat, Eunkyung and I will introduce to you now your new classmate.” so our home room teacher introduced me to the class, and like everyone is very attentive and wants to know a lot from me.

“Se-im, can we ask her one question before we start our class?” a girl raised her hand and asked. Our teacher smirked like she already knew what this girl will ask.

“We are already out of our schedule for today, just ask her later at your break time.” Teacher quoted, and everybody seems so disappointed.

“Hey, Hyemi… here!” Eunkyung called me and telling me to sit to the empty chair in front of Jinki’s chair. I hesitated once, however I have left with no choice, that is the only seat available.

I just had a single bow on this Jink guy and sit then made the two consecutive subjects of the day tragic because of Eunkyung and Jinki’s gossips in the middle of the class whenever our teacher is writing something on the board…

Urgh…