Prologue

When The Sun Stops Shining

A/N: Hiyah! This is the prologue that the orginal author wrote~


Rain.

 

Something that was supposed to make things grow, keep animals and plants alive, swallowed the scenery mercilessly.

 

The abandoned factories were reaching high into the dark sky like grey monsters, waiting for something, anything to bring them back to life.

 

It was scary how easy humans left behind what was so important to them once. They had put so much work into constructing these buildings but as soon as the money had ran out, the half finished factories were left waiting for the last touch that never came.

 

That's how people were.

 

Selfish. Ignorant of other's feelings. And they only started caring about things when it was already too late.

 

There were no lamps lighting up the run down streets between the factories, no people working in the half finished offices, nobody to witness the black figure walking down the path that was supposed to lead thousands of people to their workplaces.

 

The figure was leaning on the cold walls while slowly taking a step at a time, panting loudly but it got overtuned by the sound of raindrops hitting hard surfaces.

 

If there was light, you would've been able to see the dark red puddles on the ground left behind by the person, you would've been able to see the deathly pale skin, the dark shadows beneath their eyes and the gun in their hand that wasn't clutching the facades for support.


But like this the darkness simply swallowed the person like it had swallowed everything else.