Final

Repetition

“Baby, how many times can I say I’m sorry?” Jonghyun pouts as he plops himself on the sofa next to Taemin in their shared apartment.

Taemin turns his head to face the balcony doors, admiring the light snowfall just past the glass. He stifles a chuckle when he sees Jonghyun and himself in the door’s reflection.

“Come on, you can’t stay mad at me forever…can you?” Jonghyun says with wide eyes. He shifts closer to Taemin’s cross legged form and curls up beside him, resting his chin on Taemin’s shoulder. He makes a poor attempt at flustering Taemin by huffing his hot breath over Taemin’s neck and ears, knowing those are just a few of his sensitive spots. Taemin shivers slightly, unable to contain the pleasure he feels when Jonghyun does something like that, however, he stays still as ever with his arms now crossed, too.

“Mmm come on, I said I’m sorry like fifty times. What? You want me to go to one hundred?” Jonghyun hums against Taemin’s neck, shyly nipping at the warm skin on Taemin’s neck, giggling when he tastes that familiar taste of pure Taemin that he loves. He bellows out a low groan, hoping it resonates into Taemin’s skin, and hopefully helping him out in terms of apologizing.

“You know what, fine, give me the silent treatment allllll you want, it’s cute” Jonghyun chuckles before sitting up. “You’re cute, baby, you’re adorable when you do stuff like this, it reminds me of why I love you, all of you so much..” He continues as he smooths one hand over Taemin’s thigh, and the other behind his neck. “-reminds me of how I fell for you the first time I laid eyes on you..” Jonghyun says, a bit bashful now.

Taemin softens a bit, instead of turning his head away from Jonghyun completely, he’s settled for facing just a tad away, and Jonghyun knows he shouldn’t get his hopes up at an angry Taemin who shows some mercy, but he can’t help but blush, knowing he’s breaking through Taemin’s icy shell.

“Also..” Jonghyun continues “You’re not just cute, you’re gorgeous, beautiful, amazing, exquisite, dreamy, melodic, and so so much more, and I’m not just talking about your looks, baby.” Jonghyun bites his lower lip as he feels his love bubble up inside of him. He shifts closer to Taemin, sitting on his lap now, with his legs draped on the couch. He leans his toned body closer to Taemin, in hopes that he’ll appreciate his warmth. Taemin remains silent and Jonghyun scoffs. He wiggles his in Taemin’s lap, hoping a “new” approach will work on his stubborn boyfriend.

Jonghyun sighs, thinking of the most overly-romantic, too cheesy to take seriously, mushy things he could say, sure he could recite his song lyrics, but Taemin already read them all when Jonghyun told Taemin he was singing about him. From then on whenever Jonghyun wrote something, Taemin was always the first to critique, and swoon over his lyrics.

“Honey” Jonghyun starts as he places his hands on Taemin’s plump cheeks, trying to get him to face him, but to no avail. “My life is dark without you..you’re the light at the end of my tunnel. Without you I’m lost, trapped, stranded, with no hope in sight. But when I’m with you, everything in life seems clear, like my life was blurred at the edges and you were my contacts..”

“Are you kidding me” Taemin speaks quietly and Jonghyun’s mouth opens when he hears his voice.

“Taemin, you-” Jonghyun starts.

“‘Like my life was blurred at the edges and you were my contacts’, are you actually- oh my gosh, Jonghyun…how?-” Taemin says as Jonghyun remains confused before he realizes Taemin is quietly giggling. A smile blooms on Jonghyun’s lips and he shifts closer to Taemin in his lap.

“Oh baby, you spoke, this- this is good. Listen, I’m so sorry I forgot, I really am.” Jonghyun pleads, lost in Taemin’s features. He leans close and presses a gentle kiss to Taemin’s cheek, humming onto his skin as he does so, because he knows just how much Taemin loves it when he kisses him. He flutters his eyelashes slowly against Taemin’s cheek, hoping he notices just how much Jonghyun actually pays attention to detail. He lets his lips leave his cheek slowly and speaks again.

“Mmph, baby, you smell so good” Jonghyun hums against Taemin’s neck as he breathes him in, clutching his body close. It’s almost too much for Taemin, but he knows he can handle it a bit longer.

That is until Jonghyun starts to nip on Taemin’s ear, as he does so, and complimenting him in between bites, kisses and nips.

“ baby, you’re so sweet, how do you do it? You’re so soft and gentle and delicious, so sweet and y, how did I get so lucky?” Jonghyun coos before at the the space behind Taemin’s ear. Jonghyun smiles, unable to see his reaction, but still able to feel Taemin shift under him. Jonghyun giggles quietly, happy that Taemin is finally coming around for him; he goes back to being quiet, though, as he looks straight forward now.

Tired of his sitting position on Taemin’s lap, Jonghyun thinks it to be a good idea to straddle him, at least this way Taemin will be forced to look at him. Jonghyun quickly sits up, sliding his legs on either side of Taemin’s, he holds him down, hands on his shoulders, and stares at him intensely.

“I’ll make you love me” Jonghyun says almost a bit too seriously which makes Taemin snicker as he finally takes a break from looking elsewhere to face Jonghyun. A coy smile draws itself on Jonghyun’s lips as he leans in and kisses wherever he can reach; from Taemin’s dark meadow of silky locks, to any available skin.

“You’re so special to me, don’t ever leave me.” Jonghyun whines against Taemin’s neck, lowering himself to kiss his collarbone. “Don’t ever think you’re not worth it, you’re so important to me, I can’t imagine my life without you, ever.” Jonghyun presses another kiss to Taemin’s hair-covered forehead. “I need you, I want you, I love you.” Jonghyun finishes, tears threatening to spill from his eyes now. Taemin’s lips part when he realizes Jonghyun isn’t joking around anymore, and that’s all Taemin needs to return to his lover. He lifts his limp hands and slides them around Jonghyun’s slender waist; Jonghyun’s lip trembles when he finally feels the contact of his boyfriend on him after a whole evening of being ignored.

“Jonghyun-ah.. I didn’t mean to make you cry, I’m sorry, you know I love you too, more than anything.” Taemin says, already feeling his throat constrict as he senses his own waterworks approaching.

“No, you don’t have to apologize for anything, sweetie, it’s all my fault, not yours” Jonghyun insists, kissing the tip of Taemin’s nose.

“Jonghyun..” Taemin starts, but is interrupted by Jonghyun’s voice.

“Taemin..can I kiss you?” Jonghyun asks tentatively, searching Taemin’s eyes for any sort of answer. Taemin instantly knows what he means and leans so close their lips barely brush.

Please” Taemin wantonly begs against Jonghyun’s lips, gripping his shirt tighter.

Jonghyun presses in slow at first, trying to remember how to kiss Taemin as if he hadn’t done it in years, he spends all the time in the world trying to remember what Taemin’s lips feel like against his own, lest Taemin decide one kiss is enough for the night. They go painfully slow for what seems like forever, and Jonghyun wishes it really could be forever, because right now, kissing Taemin seems like the only thing he ever wants to do.

They go so slow that Taemin is whining for more, and before they pick up their pace, Taemin feels a cold sliver of liquid run down his face, he’s crying too, for what reason he doesn’t know. Instead of speeding up right away, he decides to continue at this pace, this pace that Jonghyun seems to be happy with, because the last thing he wants it to upset Jonghyun again, even though he was the one who forgot today was Valentine’s day.

A lithe sound escapes one of their mouths, and they don’t really care who it was because right now they are both tasting salt- the product of their emotions, running down their faces and sliding into their busy mouths; and aside from the either hot and sweaty, or loving and passionate they have too-often, this, in a way makes them feel more connected than anything else. But neither of them mind, because they both know and want to be close to each other in more ways than one.

As weird as it is, their hearts are calm, they race fast, but they race now for love, not anger or sadness, and that pleases them both, and once they realise their kissing isn’t something sad, their pace quickens, and they realise they both need more of each other. Their lips are sporadic, searching for each other like they’ve been lost, but when they come into contact, they seem found.

Once they finally set a quicker pace, they notice how much they really have been deprived of each other’s lips. Taemin’s hands travel to Jonghyun’s chest and Jonghyun’s fingers lock in Taemin’s inky hair moments later. They both expel everything they’ve been wanting to release the whole night; and they moan, not just for pleasure, but at the fact that their lips are locked together finally. Jonghyun’s tongue is quick to meet Taemin’s and they swish around until the both of them feel too lightheaded to move. They pull back slowly, tasting each other on their tongues.

“Jonghyun, I-” Taemin pants, still gripping Jonghyun’s shirt as he catches his breath.

Jonghyun leans down once more, letting his kiss linger on Taemin’s reddened lips before pulling back again, this time crying and laughing.

“Why are we crying?” Taemin asks in between short breaths.

“We- because we love each other” Jonghyun tries to explain, starring Taemin down with half-lidded eyes.

“Mmm, hyung, I love you” Taemin pants against Jonghyun’s chest, closing his eyes in relief.

“Don’t worry baby, I’ll make it up to you, I’ll get you lots of sweets and treats, I’ll get it all baby” Jonghyun assures Taemin.

“I love it when you call me baby.” Taemin responds.

“And I love calling you it, you’re my baby, never forget it” Jonghyun says before he seats himself flush against Taemin’s lap. He hugs Taemin like he’s freezing and he’s the Sun, like he’s got a cold and Taemin is his remedy.

“You broke pretty fast though..” Jonghyun starts, squeezing Taemin’s arms.

“Ugh! That’s only because you kept on talking and talking and complimenting me, not to mention your touches. You- you know your kisses are irresistible too. All your praises had me worn out.” Taemin explains in one breath, inhaling deeply once finished speaking.

“Well, repetition is a poetic technique, but don’t blame yourself, you would have crumbled eventually, anyone would have while under the submission of my lips.”

“Ok, ok, you’re a god, we get it, now shut up and kiss me again before I change my mind.” Taemin finally says before Jonghyun’s lips are crashing into his again, and again, and again.


:/ idk