how it all started

Roommate

Sulli is a walking sunshine. She smiles brightly. Eyes so eager and she looks like she loves her life. She’s a human form of energizer bunny. She is living in a small apartment with two bedrooms, she shares an apartment with a tall, grumpy man, his name is Sehun. He always groaned everytime she did something that annoy him.

Sehun is opposite. He rarely smiles or shows any emotion. He’s really neat and clean, his shirt tucked perfectly under his jeans, his vinyl collections arranged perfectly on the bookshelf near the TV. On his day off he likes to watch some old movies. He’s trapped in 70s, Sulli assumed.

They were a stranger, before both of their friends –Chanyeol and Hyejeong– invited them to come over to their apartment right when they needed a new place to rent. Sulli broke up with her boyfriend for a year so she didn’t have any place besides Chanyeol and Hyejeong’s couch and Sehun was just looking for a new life as a photographer, something that he’s passionate about. And they became something called friends, no they were not close that time, but since they both needed a new place urgently and they ran out of money, they decided to live together and they tried to become friends.

They tried.

The problem that Sehun had with her is that, firstly first, she’s messy. He couldn’t comprehend on how a girl like her could be that messy. By messy he meant, a pile of her clothes on the couch, kitchen counter, and he once found her lingerie in the bathroom. She rarely washed the dishes, but eventhough she’s good at cooking, he still got annoyed by her. She borrowed his clothes and another things so often, she also claimed his favorite navy t-shirt as hers.

If you don’t think Sulli doesn’t have any problem with him, she sure does. He was so hard to interact with. She once thought he was a serial killer, based on how he looked at her, cold as ice. He was anti-social, she literally thought that his only friend was Chanyeol and his girlfriend, Hyejeong. He was so focused on his work as a photographer in an indie magazine. He rarely talked to her, unless he wanted to say something important to her.

They tried, they swear.

And it was not easy.

“Sehun, can I borrow your leather jacket?” Sulli grabs his leather jacket from his closet, entering his room without his permission. Without waiting for him to answer, she wears his leather jacket and shows it to him, “I’ll return this soon, I have dinner with my friends-“

“don’t you have another clothes to wear? Another jacket?” he snapped, his eyes now moving to meet her gaze. Sulli shrugs her shoulder, “nope”

“god, Jinri” he groans, calls her by her real name and closed his eyes, frustrated. Sulli giggles to watch his reaction, “I’ll be back at 10. I promise I’ll return this goddamned leather jacket back into your closet” she smiles, smiles that annoy him as she open the door and she leaves.

--

It was 2AM when Sehun sleeps soundly on his bed, wrapped himself around the blanket since it’s been a really cold night. he hears a thump outside his room, he groaned before he woke up. It must be Jinri, Sehun thinks and it turns out to be true. She passed out on the couch and snores so loud she could wake their neighbor. He let out another groan before he picks her up to her bedroom. She’s still wearing his leather jacket and it looks, ahem, cute on her, he thought because it looks like she drowned in them. sure she’s tall –she’s a model– but her body is still smaller than him.

He puts her body on her bed, and puts blanket over her body. He looks at her sleeping face, the girl that annoy him so much looks so innocent and angelic when she sleeps. Her skin is milky white, her flushed cheeks, her bitten red lip. She’s breath-taking.

Okay, wait. What did Sehun just think? He shrugs and he leaves her room and close the door.

And he let her to wear his leather jacket to sleep.

--

He wakes up to the smell of the bacon sizzling on the skillet. He takes a deep breath before he gets up from his bed. He ruffles his hair as he steps out of his bedroom, he looks at Sulli, who’s chopping the vegetables and she smiles at him, “good morning”

“good morning” he stands next to her as he drink a glass of water and he walks toward their living room, turning on the TV, she hands him a cup of coffee, “this is your black coffee” she says, stepping out from him, continuing to cook the breakfast, “thanks for letting me sleep in your leather jacket” she says softly, he’s not used to the soft tone of her voice. It weirds him out.

“nevermind” he says as he sips the coffee

“do you like buttery and creamy scrambled eggs or a kind of crisp scrambled eggs? If you don’t like it I can make you another opt-“

“buttery” he replies as he turned around to see her face. She grins and she nods at him, “arraseo

“so, Sehun” Sulli speaks out, he hums in reply, “are you going anywhere today?” she says, as she whisks 4 eggs on the bowl for both of them

“no, why?” he replies shortly, he doesn’t like to talk a lot unless it’s heavily necessary. And maybe that’s why he found Sulli so annoying, because she talks about everything. She’s smart but she won’t shut up for even a minute.

“let’s watch something, perhaps?” she asks. Is she being weird because she doesn’t talk a lot like she used to or is he becoming really patient to face her? He doesn’t know.

“how about Rogue One?” he says, watching Sulli handed a plate of their breakfast.

“that would be a good idea” she smiles as she munches the veggies in .

--

“I hate how they died” she says as soon as the movie ends, and Sehun glances at her, her face is still focusing on the TV, “I mean, Jyn and Cassian deserved better, you know? I can tell by the look on their eyes during elevator scene” she mumbles, “it’s love”

“they called it Star Wars for a reason” he says, “however I think the characters development are really well and not too rushed” he says, looking at Sulli who’s now looking at him and smiling, “well, I know, Sehun. Let’s just say the movie is great”

He nods in agreement. And he is now feel less annoyed by her.

He is used to the pile of clothes on the couch –she’ll clean it up eventually eventhough it takes approximately a week–, she cooks and he washes the dishes, fair enough for both of them. And it hits him, surprisingly, that they can live like this.  He never thought that he can get used to it. He never thought that he can adjust himself into her messy life, and vice versa.

--

Another nights, Sulli sleeps in the couch again, it happens like a week in a row and Sehun picks her up to her bedroom and tonight, she sleeps on the couch again, magazine on her lap and she snores –like she usually did– he understands that her job as a model is wearing her out. He can tell by the dark circles under her eyes everytime she removes her makeup. She’s still beautiful but she looks so tired.

What does Sehun think now?

“ssh Jinri, wake up” he shakes her shoulder, “you’re sleeping on the couch again” he tucks strands of her hair behind her ear, she groans in replies, “no”

“god, okay” he sighs and picks her up again, she buries her face on his shoulder as he walks toward her room, he swears he could feel her smiling against him and it’s just so hard to keep a straight face for him, and little did he know, he forms a little smile on his lips.

He tucks her in again, and this time she grabs her wrist. Like she begs him not to go and he sits next to her as she watches her sleep. She tugs his wrist again, subtly, and he knows what to do. He’s unsure of it but he does it anyway. He shifts his body as he lay down with her, keeping the distance because he’s afraid she will freak out to find out that he is now, in fact, spooning her.

He drifts away slowly. Still keeping the distance when he could feel Sulli turned around to face him and wraps her arms on his waist.

He’s too sleepy to move. Or to be exact, too comfortable to move.

--

He wakes up to the ticklish sensation on his nose and his cheeks, and he looks down just to find Sulli puts her head on his chest, snoring loudly. He wonders why he didn’t wake up just by the voice of her snore. Her legs are on his legs, her arms wrapped thightly on his waist and he can feel his arm on her back.

Oh, no.

She finally wakes up now when he stills think on what did just happen between them. it was somehow weird to have someone next to him, on someone else’s bed. But this moment, somehow, is too good to miss. For the first time he wants to stay like this. He wants to have someone to sleep with every nights.

“good morning” she says as she smiles at him and he looks down and smiles, god, he even forgets how to smile sincerely at someone but now he does. Without him realizing, he leans closer next to her and kisses her lips softly, he tastes her strawberry lipbalm. She doesn’t kiss him back at first, he figures that she is still in shock but she finally kisses him back. It’s slow and light, like they both trying to feel the moment and feel each other’s lips.

“I’m sorry-“ Sehun says when they pull back their kisses and she shakes her head; mouthed, “no”

“don’t feel sorry about it, Sehun” she smiles and pull him closer again.

--

He couldn’t even work properly. No, it’s not because the model in front of him during photoshoots that makes him out of the place, but it’s all about the morning kisses they just shared this morning. Thinking about it makes him dizzy. And he can’t wait to get home.

And when he comes back he run a little bit just to find Sulli standing in front of the refrigerator, “hey Sulli. Can you not make a dinner for tonight?” he says quickly, like he’s in rush.

She furrows her eyebrows for a moment, “why?” she questioned

“let’s go on a date tonight” he replies, now his lips forming a smile and she smiles back at him, “whoa, I haven’t seen you smile like that” she smirked and kisses him lightly on the lips, “are you really asking me out on a date?”

“obviously” he blurts out and she laughs, “then let’s call it a date”

Soon before she leaves to her room to change her clothes into a decent one –why would someone go on a date with an oversized sweater and hot pants–, he grabs her wrist and he smirks now, this time, “and you’re not going to sleep in your room tonight”

She laughs. They both laugh really hard at Sehun’s attempt to be y.

“I know where you would take me tonight”