Party

Drunk In Love

“Nayeon unnie! Will you just go with us to the party please?” Jihyo said as she was preparing for the said event.

“Pass, Jihyo! Those aren’t my thing!” Nayeon was sitting on the couch, watching a marathon of her favorite dramas while shouting to the girl on the other room.

She can feel the couch shift a bit indicating someone had sat beside her. Nayeon turned to the person and saw a pouting Jihyo. “Unnie, you never go out! You’re always studying or watching stupid dramas. Please! Just this once. Momo, Sana and even Mina will be there!” Her friend persuaded

“Mina, will go?” The other questioned surprised that their reserved friend will join the chaos of a party. Jihyo only nodded sporting her puppy eyes to further convince her friend. Nayeon was contemplating. She could go to this party with hormone-driven intoxicated young adults or she could enjoy her evening alone and peacefully. The latter sounded more appealing.

Jihyo noticing Nayeon thinking intensified her aegyo even more to get her attention. “Unnieee…..” She made sure to make her voice into a pitch that’s annoying. Wiggling her body while linking arms with her friend.

“Aisssh! Fine fine! Just stop with that aegyo of yours! It’s seriously creepy!” She exclaimed. Jihyo made a mental high five to herself for a job well done.

“Yeeeeah! Now go get ready! We’ll leave in about half an hour!” Jihyo exclaimed with glee

“Eh? What’s wrong with that I am wearing?”

“Are you kidding me? You look like a 40 year old!”

“Park Jihyo! I do not!” The other defended

“You’re wearing sweat pants with that old school shirt of yours! No one would believe you’re 22 unnie! Plus your huge glasses are hiding your face! You have dresses and contact lenses, for once use it please!” Jihyo retaliated and pleaded

“Those clothes are seriously uncomfortable! My mother only bought them for me.” An annoyed Nayeon said. Seeing Jihyo showing her puppy eyes made her give up. “Okay okay fine! Damn your aegyo! Aish! Just help me prepare. I don’t know anything when it comes to dressing up.”

Jihyo’s excitement sky-rocketed to the roof as she jumped from the couch. She grabbed Nayeon’s and led her to other’s room to prepare. She was determined to make her unnie beautiful because that’s what she is.

Nayeon always wear thick rimmed glassed with her baggy clothes whenever they were at the university hiding her beautiful face. She just doesn’t get the purpose of dressing up when you’re supposed to learn and not walk down the runway, right?

After about half an hour of make over, Jihyo couldn’t be any prouder of what she had done to her older friend. She had put light make up on Nayeon to show her natural beauty more and slightly curled her long black locks. She pickep up a white blouse that exposed her shoulders and a black mini skirt. To top off the look, she lend her a strap on high heels since her friend only has flats and sneakers.

 

(A/N: Just cause Nayeon looks like an angel in white. J)

“KYAAAA! You look gorgeous unnie!” Jihyo’s voice laced with pride for an amazing transformation. She looked at her friend one more time before pushing her to the life sized mirror in her bed to look at herself too.

“Are you sure this is okay, Jihyo-yah? Isn’t the skirt a little too short?” The other felt uncomfortable due to the sudden change of her wardrobe.

“No! You look so hot! Damn!” She teased to ease the latter.”Now let’s go! I bet the others are there as well.”

Jihyo drove her car to the venue. It was a mansion owned by Yoo Jungyeon. Having parents abroad for business did have its perks because she can do whatever she wants with their house. She was liberated since young and was the most popular girl in their school, needless to say. Everyone knows her name.

Jihyo parked her car and turned to her nervous friend. “Come on unnie. Just try to enjoy the night, please? We’re here for you. Don’t worry.” Her eyes emitting concern while showing a gentle smile.

“You ready?”

“Yes. I’m fine. Let’s go.” Nayeon calmed down a bit. Since she’s here already, she decided to at least enjoy the night with her friends. She doesn’t really drink but she’ll dance with her friends to pass the time.

Once the door of the house opened, the music blasted through their ears causing them to slightly lose their hearing. The house was packed with people from their school and some were new faces. People were dancing crazily to the DJ situated in the middle of the big hall. Some eyes were on them as they were the newest ones to arrive.

“Hey! Where are those Japanese girls?! And why are the people looking at us?!” Nayeon asked Jihyo

“What?! I can’t hear you!” She exclaimed bobbing her head to the beat

“Where is Mina, Sana and Momo!!! And people are staring!” Nayeon went closer to the younger’s ears

“They said they were outside just beside the pool! Wanna go?!! Never mind those people.” Jihyo shouted for her to be audible

“Oh ok! Can we at least get a drink first?! I’m thirsty! Do they have juice or water?!”

Jihyo chuckled at her friend’s choice of beverage but she knows her friend doesn’t drink so she accompanied her in the kitchen to look for something. There were cases of beer and vodkas and all sorts of alcohol lined up for people to take as they pleased. Jihyo was relieved to find a bowl of punch in the middle of the kitchen counter. She tasted it first to check if it was rigged but thankful that it wasn’t. She gave Nayeon a cup of juice while she herself got a bottle of beer to loosen up. They went to the backyard where the pool is in to search for their friends.

They spotted Momo with a rainbow-haired girl dancing in the customized dance floor just near the pool. The other two were conversing to people who they believed were their schoolmate since they were a little bit familiar. The two made their way to them and Jihyo gently tapped a blonde girl.

“YAH! You made it!!” The blonde girl named Sana hugged Jihyo while another chestnut haired girl named Mina just smiled and hugged her also.

Nayeon was standing awkwardly to the side waiting for her friends to acknowledge her. It came a few minutes late as both their friend thought that she was someone new.

“Yah! Aren’t you gonna greet me?!” Nayeon frustratingly said.

“NAYEON UNNIE?! IS THAT YOU?” Both Japanese girls shouted in shock. Even the usually composed Mina.

Nayeon could only chuckle at her friend’s expression. She nodded in confirmation. Immediately engulfed in a hug by the two, she almost stumbled due to the impact.

“DAMN UNNIE! You clean up nice!” Sana praised

“Yeah unnie! You look beautiful tonight.” Mina smiled at her while taking a sip of her beer.

“Eeey. I look okay besides Jihyo helped me.” She smiled at the two. Since they were outside, it wasn’t as noisy as the chaos inside the house causing them to talk comfortably.

About an hour has passed, and she couldn’t find any of her friends as they were asked by random people to dance inside. She also got tons of invite but being her cautious self, she only graced a few familiar faces. All the dancing made parched so she went to the kitchen to get another cup of punch.

The kitchen was chaotic. Almost all people were intoxicated to their wits while some can handle their liquor well. Chuckling at the absurdity when people are drunk, she went to the bowl in the island counter. She filled her cup with the orange liquid and gulped it down in one go. It left a bitter taste in which she thought was weird but ignored it nonetheless. She got another cup and drank it a little slowly this time. It refreshed her a bit. Deciding to take a breather, she went outside the kitchen and searched for her friends.

Jihyo and Mina can be seen standing in their spot talking about anything until Sana came into view after dancing with one of her friends from debate club. Momo was no longer in sight as she probably was drunk somewhere with someone. Momo parties the hardest amongst the friends.

Sana reached her friends. “Where is Nayeon?”

“Huh? Isn’t she with you?” Mina asked back

“Uhmmm, no… I was dancing with Tzuyu.” Jihyo and Mina gave her a knowing smirk that caused Sana to roll her eyes.

“Oh shut up. Where is Nayeon?” The blonde asked again

“Holy . We lost her. She’s gonna kill us. Aish.” Jihyo exaggerated a bit but she knows the other is upset that they left her. And now they’d lost her when she promised they would be with her in this party. She fished her phone and dialed Nayeon’s number.

“She’s not answering, guys.” She stated

“Damn, let’s find her before she explodes at us.” Mina was worried now. They knew their unnie was only in this party because of them but now she’s alone in a sea of strangers.

They decided to split up in order to locate their friend easier in this massive abode. Sana searched in the first floor. Jihyo decided to stay in the equally spacious backyard and Mina went to the second floor. But to no avail…

A dark haired girl can be seen jumping excitedly to the rhythm of the music in a dance floor full of people. Long forgetting her true goal of reuniting her friends. The cup in her hand replaced by a bottle of beer which was her third or so. She lost count to be honest. “Go craazyy! GO crazzzy!!” She accompanied the music while swaying her body like a maniac.

Feeling the tiredness take over her, she decided to rest for a while planning to dance again after she recovered. She was having the time of her life and she hadn’t attributed it to the fact that she was drunk. She didn’t know she was drunk as it was her first time experiencing it.

She planned to lie down or at least sit down somewhere. Having the first floor packed, she made her way to the second floor and prayed to the heavens to have a vacant room where she can rest.

 “Aish. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I walking like this?” Her speech was slurred and her balance nowhere to be found as she continued on walking through the hallways. If it was even possible, the party got wilder and the music blasted her ears giving her an unwanted headache.

She opened one of the doors that led her to a room so luxurious but was still cozy nonetheless. She admired it in awe, amazed by the detail and simplicity. Spotting a couch, she sat and closed her eyes. Massaging the bridge of her nose to alleviate her headache.

 

 She was about to fall asleep when she heard a voice coming from inside the bathroom, she assumed. Nayeon, being a curious bunny, went to the source of the voice carefully not wanting her presence to be known. She leaned in the door to hear the conversation clearly

“Ne umma. It’s fine if you’re not here. I know you’re tired because of the business. I understand. Thanks for greeting me on my birthday. It means a lot. Take care, huh? Rest now. I’ll head back to the party.” Hearing the sadness in the voice broke her heart but upon realizing the last words, she started to panic. Due to her state, she wasn’t able to find a hiding spot. The door immediately creaked open revealing a gorgeous girl. It was Jungyeon.

Shocked by the presence in her room, she hurriedly wiped a few tears that freely flowed on her flawless cheeks.

“Uhmmm… hi, Jungyeon.” Nayeon sheepishly said having been caught red-handed.

“Who are you?” Jungyeon stated sharply

“Hey… hey… it’s me, Nayeon. We have a few classes together.” Nayeon defensed. Jungyeon and Nayeon were acquainted with one another. Although they haven’t had the chance to be close, they “know” each other.

 “What are you doing here?” Jungyeon coldly asked intimidating Nayeon with her stare. She didn’t know how it happened but her back felt the wall. She was trapped in Jungyeon’s arms.

“Uhmmm… I was just looking for a place to sit down. I didn’t know this was your ro…” Before she could finish her sentence, a pair of soft lips crashed hers. She was frozen and was unable to react at first but when she felt a delicate hand on her neck, she melted into the kiss. Her hands found their way to the latter’s hair unconsciously caressing it every now and then. The kiss was longing and needy. Nayeon felt shivers all over her body when Jungyeon’s tongue glazed her lower lip a couple of times. Being inexperienced in this, she didn’t know what to do so she backed away breathlessly.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.” Jungyeon apologized clearly upset of her actions. Maybe it was the alcohol? Maybe it was her emotions? The short haired girl thought the other would be raging from her impulsiveness but got startled when a soft hand cradled her cheeks. The warmth made her lean into the touch.

“Are you okay?” Nayeon didn’t know where she got her confidence from to comfort the latter but was glad she did so. As soon as she stared into her dark orbs, she can see longing and sadness. Her heart shattered at the sight. It was so different from the confident, charismatic girl she saw from school. It was polar opposite.

“No…” She was taken aback by the answer. Normally, people would deny the fact that they’re hurting but Jungyeon didn’t. She was strong to let people see her be vulnerable. Nayeon thought.

“I know we aren’t that close but do you wanna talk about it?” Nayeon spoke delicately afraid of shattering the other if she made her voice any louder. Jungyeon cheeks still cradled in her hands with closed eyes.

“No…” The answer got Nayeon sad but she understood anyways. She retracted her hands and was about to leave Jungyeon to be alone in her own thought but someone hugged her from the back.

“Please stay, Nayeon.” The voice was laced with loneliness making Nayeon give in into the request. “Okay…” Nayeon shyly answered thanking the dim lighting of the room to hide her reddening cheeks.

“Can you lie down with me, though? I won’t do anything, I swear. I just used to do this with my sister whenever I’m upset. But now, she has a family of her own.” Jungyeon pleaded and once again Nayeon found herself agreeing at the vulnerability. Nayeon removed her heels while Jungyeon removed her sneakers.

They both lie down in the bed and faced each other arms supporting their head. Nayeon can’t help but revel on the latter’s features while Jungyeon examined every inch of the other’s face. She always knew Nayeon was pretty despite her unusual wardrobe. She always admired her from afar whenever she’s reading but being this close to her, pretty was an understatement. She was breath-taking.

Both of them had forgotten about the ongoing chaos in the house as they were lost in their own world. Nayeon’s eyes landed on Jungyeon’s lips and so did the other. With a surge of confidence and desire, Nayeon leaned in lingering her lips on Jungyeon’s but not taking it any further. It seemed to calm down the other as her breathing evened. She back away slightly but their faces and body still in close proximity. She caressed the other’s cheeks again and smiled to appease her. Jungyeon became bold and joined their foreheads together, her arms resting on Nayeon’s waist. Jungyeon didn’t know why but she felt calm and safe in Nayeon’s presence. It surprised her but was thankful also.

The two closed their eyes at the contact and unknowingly succumb to slumber in each other’s arms.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Cause drunk people do crazy things? HAHAHAHAHA. COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS! THANK YOU!