Spring Breeze

Spring Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold winds and freezing temperatures of winter started to subside as spring announced its arrival with the return of warmer weather which brought countless beautiful flowers into bloom. As the spring weather wrestled its way in, life all over the country began again. Most of the people were fond of this season including Ji Hyo, spring was her second favorite season –the first one was autumn, for sure.

Ji Hyo woke with a start when a loud noise came from the kitchen. She made a face and squinted at the bright sunlight streaming through the windows. Her husband was already out of the bed, he was a morning person who waking up at 6 am was a normal thing to do. She stretched her body and wanted to go back to sleep again when she smelled something burnt.

Curious with what her husband did in the morning, she decided to wake up and go to the kitchen. She tossed the blanket aside and walked towards the door. Before she could open it, Jong Kook stepped into the room.

“Ji Hyo –yah! You already wake up!” He said, glancing at the clock, “It’s still 7 am, how rare for you to be up at this hour.”

“It’s because you’re so noisy, what are you doing, oppa?”

“Wait inside, I’ll bring the surprise for you.” He pushed her and closed the door. Ji Hyo walked back to the bed, sitting on the edge of it.

A few seconds later, Jong Kook returned with a big smile and a tray on his hands.

“Good morning, sweet heart.” He put down the tray on the bed and gave a quick kiss on her lips before taking a seat beside her.

“Good morning, oppa.” She said as she inspected the tray. There was a stack of pancakes with maple syrup, a bowl of green salad with a boiled egg and a glass of orange juice.

“Oppa,” She called him and looked at him, Jong Kook stared back to her, “Do you want something from me?”

“I just want to spoil my lovely wife.” He shrugged.

“Really?”

He nodded and gave her a smirk, “Eat it, Ji Hyo –yah.”

She was sure that he knew how to make a salad because it was what he ate usually with his not-so-famous chicken shake but she never knew that he could make pancakes. Ji Hyo was very eager to taste her husband cooking. She took a bite and tasted it. Jong Kook watched her quietly.

“What’s with the look, oppa?”

“Um, nothing.” He was so confident before that it would suit Ji Hyo’s taste and now he was nervous.

Smiling broadly, Ji Hyo looked at him after the first bite but she didn’t say anything.

“What was with that big smile?”

“I’m happy that my husband could cook better than me. I love it, oppa.” She complimented him. Jong Kook smiled back in relief.

“So, do you love my cooking or love me more?” He couldn’t resist not to .

“I don’t love both if you’re not making my kitchen look pristine without any stain before I finish eating.”

“Yes, Mrs. Kim.” He laughed and left Ji Hyo to eat.

After she finished the food, she brought the tray with empty plates back to the kitchen. While the kitchen looked tidy and clean, she walked just in time to see Jong Kook discard a pan in the trash. She chuckled and put the tray to the sink. He turned and saw her watching him.

“Mind to explain?” She asked. She didn’t really upset, just wanted to .

“I was making a pancake when my phone rang so I went to pick it up.” He said, smiling sheepishly, “I promise I’ll get you a new one.”

“You’d better.”

Ji Hyo put her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his broad chest, “Thank you for the breakfast, oppa. It’s really delicious.”

“I’m glad that you like it.” He kissed the top of her head and hugged her back.

“So, tell me, what’s the occasion?”

 “Well, I just want to show you how grateful I am that you wake up every morning with me and always make me a breakfast even though you’re really sleepy. I’m the one who should say thank you. Thank you, Song Ji Hyo, for being a good wife and a great mother for our children.”

“The same goes to you, oppa. Thank you for being a wonderful husband and an amazing father. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

He kissed her and it turned to a heated one. She squealed when he picked her up from the ground and continued kissing while bringing her back to their room. He threw her unceremoniously onto the bed. She laughed when he flopped heavily onto the bed next to her, and staring into each other eyes.

“I’m the luckiest man in the world.” He said, slipping his fingers through hers.

“Just because you found your source of luck.”

“I am. I did find it and it’s you.”

“Cheesy.” She flicked her finger on his forehead softly.

“Yah!” He protested but Ji Hyo only laughed. He pulled her closer to him.

“You are like spring, every time I’m around you or think of you, you bring out new life in me.”

“Another cheesy line.” She mocked him but she gave her a peck on his perfect pointy nose.

“Now go take a bath. You told me last night you have an appointment with the producer at 10 am.”

“Yes, my queen. Your wish is my command.” He gave her another kiss before went to the bathroom.

---

Ji Hyo was sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for her husband to get home. Jong Kook went to the studio to record the songs he’s been working for months and although he was just gone for several hours but she felt like she hadn’t seen him in a long time. She really proud of him and she admired his ability to manage his time between their family and his work.

They still got a lot of work offers from movie, variety shows to talk shows and commercials but mostly it was for Jong Kook, only a few for Ji Hyo. She realized that she didn’t even have time to do her work as an actress because her children were still so young and she wanted to take care of them properly besides taking care of twins weren’t easy so at first she didn’t mind about it.

She was actually a little bit jealous of him. She knew that she shouldn’t be but sometimes the feeling seeped through her heart and she quickly erased it. She didn’t want it to ruin their relationship and the little family they built together. Her desire started to grow when she watched a part of her “Emergency Couple” days on the television and she remembered her time of being an actress which made her wanted to feel what it feels like to be in front of the camera again. So, when Ji Hyo got an offer to film a commercial, she decided to take it without discussing with Jong Kook first.

Ji Hyo was alone in the living room as their 3 years old twin children already went to bed. She could her heart beat faster, she was nervous as she didn’t know what Jong Kook’s reaction to her decision will be. Deep in her heart, she knew that Jong Kook would support her choice but still she didn’t want to be sure about it because she didn’t want to feel disappointed at him.

She tried to calm herself when she heard the front door unlocking and his heavy footsteps through the hall could be heard.

“Ji Hyo? You still haven’t asleep?” Jong Kook asked when he saw her still sitting on the couch.

She only shake her head and mustered her courage to tell him, “Oppa…”

“What’s wrong, my dear? Are you alright? You look so… different tonight.” He took his seat on the couch beside her, giving her a soft kiss on her lips.

“There’s something I want to tell you.” She said as his muscular wrapped her slim waist.

“Hmm?” He kissed her cheek this time.

Ji Hyo shifted her sitting position so she was sitting in front of him. She took both of his hands and held it tightly. Jong Kook squeezed her hands gently.

“Oppa…”

“What is it, Ji Hyo –yah? You look so serious.”  She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter