Chapter 1

Universe in Alignment

'Attention' had never been on top of my bucketlist. Being in the spotlight had always ignited in me a mixture of self-consciousness and nausea. How people can stand others prying into whatever they do- watching like a pair of hawk's eyes- analysing each and every word emitted from their mouth was beyond me.

In my previous school, high school went like a mild breeze, just the way I preferred. Apart from a good set of friends, limited classmates and the teachers, no one noticed me, much less bothered me. The much dreaded high school had turned out to be pretty much the perfect getaway paradise for the likes of me. But that was only for my freshman year. Contrary to my usual unnoticeable essence, this year people, most of whom I was very much unfamiliar and uncomfortable with, greeted me like I was their long lost bestfriend. Hidden behind my barracks of books and library shelf- my most biased way of spending my high school- has become an impossibility. And although more than eleventh-twelfth of the female population crave for popularity., I doubt they would choose 'my' popularity, even if a coupon for free shopping for a year was to be offered to them. 'Impossible'- you may say, but my emotions can be understood if you were in my stead, being the centre of the trending news "#kissed_the_girl_of_the_most_popular_guy_in_town".

Yes! It turned out my drunken target was the romantic interest of some kind of famous personality, though my original target was he, himself- an information which he or anyone, in fact, doesn't need to know. And it didn't help that I was the new girl.

A week had passed since the incident, a week since school started, and yet the kiss was still the talk of the town. The constant stares, the giggling and whistling whenever I passed through the hallway was suffocating me. And so, to avoid confrontation of any sort, I took up some measures . I came exactly a minute before the professor in every class, left as soon as the bell rang, haven't seen Ronnie for the whole week, due to my attention being solely focused on the precautionary measure. However, the unfamiliar infrastructures made it difficult to do so, and yet I somehow managed to survive.

And just when I thought nothing could make it worse-

"No! No! No! Yuri, that is not how the tune goes. You have to go lower" the teacher sighed again.

"Seseonghabnida, Park Seonsaengnim" I bowed, mentally kicking myself. That was the fifth time I made the same mistake.

"This won't do. I already knew you were bad in music from the report of your performance in your previous school. But I never thought you'd be this bad We have been stuck here for the entire week now. At this rate, you'll fail" he said, pressing his temples.

What? Fail? That would put a halt to my plans to win the noble prize for discovering the value of '1/0'- my plan to take Mathematics to the next level- which was totally unacceptable. To be stuck in this hellhole for an extra year more than necessary would be worse than becoming a zombie or fighting a tiger with bare hands. It's not that I loathed the school, but I'd much rather be under house-arrest than to be the "trend topic" of the year slash decade or heck, possibly even the century.

"Wait! I got it! A tutor! Come to my office in the afternoon after school ends" he exclaimed with sudden enthusiasm, and an expression that said he was very pleased with himself, probably mentally saluting his brain.

All the more, good news for me. Honestly, failing was not an option for me. The daily meaningless taunts were basically the reason I moved out, no need to gift them a base to their currently baseless sneers. The mixed feelings of whether to love or despise my given set of parents usually dove me in a state of oblivion. But if I were to answer truthfully from the depth of my heart, I detested them for multiple reasons, most importantly for constantly degrading their kids, while shamelessly fawning over other's; the only reason to love them was for feeding, clothing and providing a roof for us.

As I walked along the empty hallways, it came to my conscience that I would be okay with anyone tutoring me as long as that person does not mention the kiss. Even though the kiss was unintentional, the mas did not seem to think s; in fact they had started discussing my gender and what not, making me absolutely enraged and mortified. But I'll trust seonsaengnim's enthusiasm that he found the perfect one to me.

As soon as I opened the door, my eyes fell upon the all too giddy teacher who almost jumped in joy when he saw me at his doorstep. He quickly ushered me in muttering "OH! Here you are", adverting his eyes towards the student desks.

My line of vision followed his, and as soon as it reached the object of his attention, I gasped out loud. Behold, in front of me were the most perfect artwork of God, with the most perfect anatomy possible, seated on one of the desks. It's not possible or legal for a human to be that good looking. He looked like he had just popped out of a manga, the very protagonist himself. He could easily make models cry, girls swoon, and boys envious with just a mere glance.

A feeling of vague familiarity rushed upon me for reasons I could not comprehend, as I'm sure this is the first time I'm encountering him. I would not forget if we met before, not if he was this handsome. But the feeling that emerged me completely at that moment was not the former, but an alloy of smallness and self-consciousness. The thought of being 'the ugliest girl on the planet' washed over me as I felt his eyes boring into me, as if studying my soul.

"Yuri, this is Cha Eun Woo, our school's own prodigy. He'll tutor you in music" Park seonsaengnim said in an extremely enthusiastic voice, which we all ignored.

A prodigy? He is a prodigy? That is totally unacceptable. How can a person be endowed with both extremely gorgeous face and brains? It was as if all the good qualities of men has been invested into this manga character.

A moment later, the very attractive Adonis smirked- "OH! I know you! You're the one who kissed my girlfriend".