Farewell?

Moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

===

This story begins with a girl who lived in a town near Seongnam City. A lovable, smart lass; her red colored hair, fair skin, and energetic aura draws in many eyes and would-be suitors. Her smile was the brightest in her class and her laugh well.. the loudest.

 

What she didn't know is that her smile and laughs are already numbered in the following days...

 

One afternoon in the Kim's residence...

 

“But why do we have to?!” exclaims Dahyun.

 

“Sweet cakes, we've been through this before.” said Mr. Kim, with a slight irritated tone and a straight face.

 

“My work needs me to move to Seoul and the government is willing to cover the expenses moving and living there, which includes my family...” - Mr. Kim pauses for a bit, while carrying a luggage to their car - “…and that means you're all going with me munchkin.”

 

“But you can't just do tha-”

 

“No buts, end of discussion.” said Mr. Kim, cutting of Dahyun from what she was going to say. “Be a dear and go help your mom and your brother pack our things.”

 

“Fine.” said Dahyun, in a low toned voice with a matching frowny face, and quickly goes inside the house.

 

Dahyun enters the beautiful old house, built from refined wood and stainless steel, and painted with a mixture of red, blue, and grey hues. The house has been in their family for four generations now.

 

Walking through the hallway brought a lot of memories, good and bad. Reminiscing the memories, she said to herself – “Friends and classmates went through this door....” -- she sighs – “...I'll miss this place so much.”

 

Passing through the almost empty living room, Dahyun sees Myungsoo packing the last of the dining plates and picture frames. A pale skinned handsome lad. “If I didn't know my brother, I would have mistaken him for an idol. Well... if he doesn't start dancing that is.” she said to herself.

 

“Hey Myung, everything alright?” Dahyun asks.

 

“Yep, everything’s good here sis. You should check up on mom, she was still packing the appliances last I checked.” Myungsoo replied.

 

“Wait, you're not mad? We're moving far away from here, y’know.” asked curious Dahyun as she walks closer.

 

“Nah, I've been here long enough.” he replied.

 

“Huh? I thought you liked it here... What about your friends?” she asked.

 

“I could always just catch up with them by phone or personally visit them so it’s no big deal.” he replied with an unworried tone. “Hey, if you’re worried about her, don’t be. You’ll see each other again.”

 

“That’s not helping Myung, it makes me want to not leave Seongnam more.” she said, leaving for the kitchen.

 

Leaving the room and into the kitchen she sees her mother. As beautiful as the moon's light and as stunning as ever. Like a rose in a tulip garden. Dahyun looked a lot like her mom when she was growing up as a toddler but when she started to become a young lady, she looked more like the better half of both her parents rather than her mom alone.

 

“Hey mom.” Dahyun said with an obvious fake smile. Dahyun always had a soft spot for her mother. Maybe it’s because she had always been there for her and her brother or maybe it’s just the lukso ng dugo.

 

“Hey muchkin. What's up? Why the long face?” asks Mrs. Kim in a sweet-caring tone.

 

“It’s nothing.” she said, with a fake smile. “Do you need me here?” she asks.

 

“The dishes needed to be packed sweetie. Can you help with that?” asks Mrs. Kim.

 

“A-about that, can I go upstairs and do my homework first?” Dahyun asked, hoping she could skip the packing duty.

 

“Homework??” asks Mrs. Kim.

 

“Uhmm.. homework and stuff.” she immediately replied.

 

“Silly tofu. It’s a Friday and its mid-July. What homework are you talking about?” said Mrs. Kim.

 

“Uhm... it’s still like a homework... but with the piano and a friend. Plus, we're leaving for Seoul tomorrow... this might be the last time I'll ever see my best friend.” reasoned the sad-looking tofu.

 

“Okay okay! But you better help us pack up the rest of our things tomorrow.” said Mrs. Kim.

"Yes! Thanks mom!” said Dahyun, immediately hugging her Mom then kisses her on the cheek and leaves.

 

With her mom giving her the rest of the day. She passes by the living room where her brother is and quickly runs up to her room. As she closes her room’s door, her phone rang; grabbing the phone immediately and after seeing “9 missed calls”, she answers it.

 

“Uhmm.. Hello?” she asked.

 

“WHY AREN’T YOU ANSWERING?!” said the caller.

 

Dahyun immediately recognized the cute tone of a voice (even if she's shouting), it’s her best friend Chaeyoung. Black colored short hair (which kind of looks like Gong Yoo's hair for some unknown reason), fair-skinned, joyful and a beautiful smart lass. Dahyun could still remember how she felt a certain connection with Chaeyoung when they first met. Dahyun and Chaeyoung met in fifth grade and became fast friends. Being the shortest in their class, both would always be grouped with each other. From being seatmates in class to being seatmates in the cafeteria. Seeing the two seemed like nothing could separate them from each other… not until now, that is.

 

“I’m sorry! I guess I was just so busy with the piano lessons that I forgot to bring my phone; plus I was trying to convince dad not to move out just a while ago.” explained Dahyun with a worried voice.

 

“THAT’S STILL NOT AN EXCUSE TOFU! YOU DO KNOW WHAT PHONES ARE FOR RIGHT?” said Chaeyoung, reprimanding Dahyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter