One-Shot

Moves: JHope x Reader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Move like Jaggers, you got the moves like Jaggers..." Maroon 5  old song was blaring out of the retro boombox from the practice room. You loved that boombox; it was a present from your close friend Hoseok when he heard the news that you were accepted to be a trainee in his company. He was thrilled, having watched you dance for years now, he knew how talented you were. Although the fact that you two were close friends still confuses s, Hobi was an absolute nutter at times and enjoyed good laughs whereas you were his polar opposite, very serious and only ever laughed when Hobi was involved. The BTS members found it cute that you reserved your killer smile and sweet laugh for Hobi only but also worried that Hobi would never realize that your feelings towards him was more than friends. You have the tendency to turn into a moody storm cloud whenever Hobi let you down and he would be running after you with treats to bribe you back into friendship with the guy. It was an on-going cycle, that was what Yoongi called it apparently. 

"Maybe... Hoseok hyung likes Y/n too! He's just too oblivious to realize, I mean noona is super hot, how could he not?" 

Jungkook said, blushing at the same time and V turned to stare at him with wide eyes, pretending to look betrayed.

"Last night Kookie, when you cuddled up to me, I remember you called me hot, HOW COULD YOU??" 

V dissolved into a dramatic tantrum leaving poor Jungkook a spluttering mess.

"Hajima! Stop joking around! Hobi is coming!"

Jin said and hurried to feign normality as the members continue to eat their kimbap like nothing happened. Hobi however, walked in with a spring in his step and grinned at them. 

"What's up?" 

Rapmonster asked suspiciously and Hobi smiled;

"You know Hyojung from Oh My Girl? She just texted me for a date! A date hyung! She confessed that she found me amusing on reality shows and she loved our music, ottoke! So I told her yes!" 

Hoseok had expect s to be happy for him, but he received a stone silence as the members look from one to another awkwardly, the unspoken sentence hung in the air...

'What about Y/n.' Left unsaid. 

"What's wrong with you guys? I haven't go on a date for ages, shouldn't you be happy? I can't wait to tell Y/n, at least she'll be happy."

Hoseok pouted a little put off.

At those words, the others paled... oh lord how on earth could he do that to Y/n? Too late. Hoseok dashed out and as if timing was fate; he saw you standing by the vending machine waiting patiently for the protein bar that he always saw you munching on at a daily basis. 

"Y/n Y/n! I have something to tell you!"

Heart pounding; you looked up hopefully at Hoseok's grinning face.

"You know Hyojung from Oh My Girl? She just texted me for a date! I think I should text back to agree don't you think?" 

There goes your pounding heart. You felt so stupid, so naive to ever think he'd ever see you more than a best friend. Hyojung was adorable, plus she already debuted, there was no way you were capable of going against her as you were nothing more than just a trainee. You braced yourself and gave Hoseok a dazzling smile.

"I am so so so happy for you Hoseok-ah! You should definitely call her."

You even added a playful wink; you were a master at this tactic, putting on a mask to cover up all the hurt you felt. It was funny though, the fact that the moment Hoseok got your reaction, instead of expecting himself to be glad of your approval; his heart was much like yours. He felt like he just earned several punches directed at his chest. Not relief, nowhere near happiness. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter