we walk the same path

we walk the same path

 

In spite of the thick darkness that seemed to spread as time went by, Jisoo’s eyes never left Seulgi, spotting even the tiniest glisten of sweat on her skin. Dancing with passion and might, Seulgi feels. Her emotions flowed through every move. Beautiful. Powerful. Heartbreaking. Jisoo inhales all of it.

Tears ran down the older girl’s cheeks, a dance to try and pick up her heart’s pieces that was scattered all over. Seulgi screams a silent scream and amidst the sobs she cries her name. Jisoo tries to fix her but how could she when Seulgi refuses, when she’s not the person Seulgi wants.

Joohyun this and that and how she held Seulgi's heart, still keeping it locked because Seulgi is trapped in her and Jisoo understands.

She understands and she'll always be watching with her watchful eye, encouraging and holding her up. At least, that's all Jisoo can do for now.

Seulgi stops dancing. Tired. Exhausted. She breaks down and falls but Jisoo catches her,  beating the floor by a few centimeters. Seulgi's arms wrapped around the younger girl, smelling her hair and perfume and she's sorry for clinging to someone who destroyed her, for destroying someone who loves her. She says sorry to Jisoo a billion times but Jisoo already forgave her the first time.

Seulgi's heart still belongs to Joohyun.

"I still love her." She cries, her voice filled with bittersweet love. Seulgi always sees Joohyun and Jisoo understands.

Jisoo understands because she grew up believing that this is how you love. Love is selfless and compassionate and understanding so Jisoo understands because she loves Kang Seulgi with all of her heart.

"Go." Jisoo smiles and Seulgi smiles.

Seulgi stands and breathes in. She wipes her tears and she calls Joohyun, she chases Joohyun again for one last time and Jisoo lets her.

Jisoo watches her walk away and chase after love. She stays in the dark, stuck in the background and for now, that's all she was.

 
 

"I'm going to stop dancing." Seulgi breathes out, her eyes broken, her heart broken.

Jisoo thinks it's ridiculous. Completely absurd, giving up something you love after being broken once when it's still fixable.

Dancing was Seulgi's life. It was a form of expression, it made Seulgi free. She danced when she was happy. She danced when she was sad. She danced when she was in love.

Ah, that's right. Seulgi danced with Joohyun, enthralled, hopelessly in love.

Jisoo understands but she doesn't want to. She didn't want Seulgi to keep on breaking, still trapped under Joohyun's spell because Seulgi was stronger than that. Seulgi is strong and Jisoo will help her realize that.

So Jisoo grabs Seulgi's hand and they danced a vulnerable dance and for the first time in years, Jisoo let her emotions out. Fervent. Heartfelt. Impassioned.

It was a spur of the moment and Jisoo wasn't supposed to dance but Seulgi laughed and smiled and she decided to dance again and Jisoo knows it's worth it. Everything related to Seulgi is worth it. Seulgi is more than worth it.

 
 

Jisoo breaks as soon as Seulgi left, as soon as eyes were turned away and she swallows the searing pain that left her in shambles.

She bit back her sobs and held back her tears because she should be happy.

Jisoo wasn't supposed to dance, wasn't allowed to. At least until she recovers but Seulgi needed it so Jisoo gives up the tiny chance of dancing again and danced her last dance with the person she loves.

Jisoo should be happy.

She is happy.
 

 

Seulgi is standing up again. Her smiles are becoming more genuine, talks animatedly, and laughs a lot. Like when it was still Jisoo and Seulgi, before everything fell apart, before Seulgi fell in love and Jisoo thinks it's nice.

This was nice, having Seulgi back. Carefree Seulgi, sleepy Seulgi, smiley Seulgi.

They played video games again. They marathoned animes they missed till three in the morning and roamed around the city catching Pokemons. They sang till their throat gave up and jumped around to exhaustion.

Jisoo cherished every moment, engraved them to her memories she wouldn't be able to forget them.

It was nice and being with Seulgi like this was nice and Jisoo was content and she wouldn't ask for more.
 

 

Life has a funny way of saying ' you', Jisoo concludes because just as Seulgi was coming back to her, just as she started seeing Jisoo again, Joohyun came back.

Joohyun came back with a new set of promises, strings of apologies and she captures Seulgi's heart again and Jisoo doesn't want to let her go.

Jisoo doesn't hate anyone, would never, but if there was someone close to that it was Bae Joohyun.

Bae Joohyun who Seulgi looks at with eyes full of love. Joohyun who even though had crushed Seulgi, the latter keeps coming back to. Joohyun who Seulgi dreams about. Joohyun who Seulgi speaks so fondly and Bae Joohyun who will always have Kang Seulgi's heart.

Jisoo doesn't want to let Seulgi go but she will if she has to. It's not her decision to make and Jisoo will be happy whatever will be made.
 

 

On the opposite side of the glass Jisoo watches Seulgi's back. The peaceful atmosphere of the café does nothing to ease her aching heart hidden behind her bittersweet smile and words of assurance.

Outside, the rain steadily poured, Joohyun and Seulgi under one umbrella and they look romantic like the scenes in those dramas Jisoo used to love so much.

Seulgi's decision was clear and Jisoo can't find it in herself to not accept that. She was selfless when it comes to Seulgi, selfless just like that.

So Jisoo closes her eyes, inhaled the pain and bottled it up, keeping it locked inside and decided that this was her purpose. An encouragement, behind the scenes, nothing but a mere friend.

Jisoo grew up believing this was how you love. Selfless and compassionate and understanding so Jisoo lets her go and understands.

She just didn't expect that loving someone would hurt this much.

 

 

"Jichu, I have a question."

"Shoot."

"If you ever like fall in love but the person you love loves someone else, would you let them go?"

"Of course."

"Why is that?"

"Because love is not about possession, Seul unnie. It's being able to appreciate and love someone from afar, it's the ability to be happy for that person even if it's not with you."

 

 

 



A/N :

Like I said, I couldn't resist. I've like read a lot of Seulrene fics and when I find some with BP in it Jisoo is literally almost always the second girl I cry for her—but I'm still Seulrene trash.

It's just that Jisoo and Seulgi are both my biases so...

On that note, this was supposed to end happily. Ghad I'm sorry Jichu hahah. I actually wrote a second part on Seulgi's POV and it may or may have not ended on Jiseul. I honestly don't know I'm really stuck on how to end this I wrote multiple endings. I'll probably leave this as it is haha. This A/N is too long now.

P.S.— Thank you to whoever decided it was a good idea to use quotes as notebook covers. That last line came from one of those.