Fifth - Tired

First Time

Part 5

He's awoken in the middle of the night by a familiar sound and Joon Hyung can’t help but sigh. He’s so tired.

“Honey, can you check on her?” He asks his wife and Bok Joo grunts in response. He feels bad for asking her, but he’s been on baby duty the last two nights and he needs sleep.

“Bok Joo?” He tries again and this time she groggily sits up and leans over to get the baby from her crib. In the faint light he can see his wife ing her pyjama shirt and hear her hiss as their daughter starts feeding.

“Are you okay?” He asks, resting his hand on Bok Joo’s thigh and rubbing it soothingly. Ever since their little girl first started teething, feeding has been uncomfortable. “Should I get a bottle instead?”

“It’s okay. She’s more at ease like this.” Bok Joo assures him before letting out a yawn. “Besides, you’re meeting your brother tomorrow, I don’t want you to fall asleep in the pool and drown.” He cracks a smile at that. “Go to sleep.” She reprimands him.

“Sing for us.” He asks and when she raises an eyebrow in response he repeats it. “Please.”

She smiles at him in the dark and soon both Joon Hyung and the baby fall asleep to the sound of Bok Joo’s lullaby.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

Thank you everyone for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoating. It means a lot.