OVERWATCH

Overwatch

What is this!?

 

“Yah! I’m not doing this anymore!” She said leaving her laptop aside and crossing her arms with a visible annoyed frown.

He only laughed it off and after a few seconds of not hearing anything from her or the laptop he got worried, unfortunately not for the reasons she was expecting.

 

“Eunji-yah, you need to continue or you will be kicked out!” He sounded desperate but she didn’t move. “Baby, please, it’s not only me but the guys also need you to move.” After saying that Woohyun started apologizing and complaining about the internet speed on the mic.

 

“Just tell them that I am bad! What’s the big deal anyways? Since they seem more important than me, you can go out with that Song Hana and just get over with us, okay?”

 

Eunji just stood up from the bed and got out of the apartment clearly upset. To Woohyun it was just something that he would fix by talking to her and probably having to give more food than normal to his jealous girlfriend, so he didn’t go after her and continued what he was doing without interruptions now. In his head, it was her fault since she came without letting him know first, his plan for today was no other but to play Overwatch so he wasn’t the one to blame… How good would have been that he said that to Eunji this morning before she appeared at the apartment ready to make some lunch and spend the day watching movies or fooling around and not playing games.

 

 


 

 

The days went by and Woohyun found weird that Eunji didn’t contact him at all. Not a good morning. Not a good bye. And overall not a single insult. He was worried but after checking with other people since she didn’t reply to his texts either Eunji was completely fine. This was not a normal behavior. She was quite mature so they always solved their problems talking and it was him the one to act childish during those situations but two weeks went by and she didn’t seem to care about him which made him angry, sad, acting like he didn’t care and showed a totally different side of the laid back personality of this young man, going to the point that his friend decided to ask after seeing him almost kill a poor stuffed toy with his eyes.

 

“Namu… are you okay?”

“Have you seen her? She broke up with me, right? She was serious. But why? Isn’t she overreacting? Women are all crazy. Ah… I don’t know! I’m done too!” Woohyun threw the stuffed toy to the floor and stood up towards his own room.

 

“Wait!” Hoya reacted quickly and followed his steps, not sure about the information he just received ‘Eunji…’ was the only thing on his mind. “Wanna play?” He suggested seeing how stressed the other was. Woohyun needed to release some stress so he just nodded and they played in silence until it was quite late.

 

“Hyun-ah, I’m tired so I will leave, plus you’re going to break the keyboard like that” Hoya said with a frown on his face since the mentioned didn’t even look at him “I’m gonna leave someone to tell me until what time you’ll be playing to check, huh? Good night.” Said the dancer without a response from this kid and just left after making sure he added the person that would be checking on him.

 

A deep sigh was all Woohyun could do after adding and making a group with this ‘friend’. A lot of idols actually played this game so he didn’t really care about whom he was playing with, but at the same time curious about the other person’s skill and since the server wasn’t catching any competitive match he decided to chat.

 

[메이코패스]: Hi

[OVERWATCH]: Hello

[메이코패스]: Perhaps… are you my hyung-nim? What’s your rank?

[OVERWATCH]: ㅋㅋㅋ Dia*short for diamond* and I am a younger, you can drop the formalities hyung

[메이코패스]: Really? Nice

[메이코패스]: The game can’t find any match

[OVERWATCH]: Wanna play 1:1 instead then?

[메이코패스]: Are you sure..? OK

 

The thought of playing a one on one game was thrilling for Woohyun, to test his abilities and see how good he was at the game… unfortunately, he seemed to be at disadvantage. Overwatch was better than he expected according to their levels. He was over two hundred competing against someone whose level was only thirty, it didn’t make sense. And after losing a few times and becoming closer to the other player they played competitive overnight raking up higher due to the good team they were.

But he couldn’t play all day, not with her on his mind, so after closing the game he got tired and dialed her number once more on his way out of his apartment. And for the first time in two weeks he could hear her voice, and that sound was all he needed to smile again, it took him a few moments after listening to her voice insulting him like always to finally react and ask the most important question.

 

 “Wait! You really broke up with me?”

“You idiot! Go back to the game, how can you leave a competitive match, we’re gonna lose you crazy bastard DIE YOU BAST---”

 

The call died in the middle of her talk leaving a dumbfounded Woohyun at the door of his car with phone still on his ear. The word game kept on playing on his head as he ran to his room to put on the game again. After they won the match he looked confused at the screen still trying to process her words they were in the same team but he didn’t see the ID he made for her. This time his phone started ringing with her face showing on the screen and he answered with a ‘HOW?’ Her laugh could be heard and he unconsciously smiled, forgetting the recent events.

 

“You idiot, come to Howon oppa’s room.” BOOP… BOOP… BOOP…

 

The call ended and again, this girl was really good at confusing him. But he learned to do as told and just got up with his foot leading the way to the living room first, finding his friend asleep with the TV on and he was even more confused. Ignoring that cute scene without taking a picture like he would do sometimes to bother, he found the door to the dancer’s room and quietly tried to enter. The scene in front of him was even cuter than the one presented before at the living room and he couldn’t be happier. His two loves at the same place. Eunji and Overwatch. But even better, Eunji playing his favorite game at the moment. And realization hit him hard.

 

“I can’t believe you just…”

“Shut up and let me finish this game before we continue playing in your room. Howon oppa suffered enough already on the couch.”

 

He saw her focused face and all those little gestures she did while playing and couldn’t help but to jump right next to her and hugged that tiny waist of hers while kissing everywhere he could. Eunji’s laugh was heard followed by a long and deep sigh from the guy that stopped all his moves.

 

“Are you okay..?”

“You scared me… don’t ever make me feel like that…”

“Then don’t ever make me feel like I’m less than your games.”

“Sorry… I was too immersed, it won’t happen again.”

“… Also I’ll be more understanding of your free time and what you want to do with it.”

 

He finally moved in closer to give her a peck and dared to ask an important question.

 

“So… what you did this two weeks was learning how to play Overwatch?”

“BEAST and BTOB guys play it so I had a lot of help.”

 

A nod and a smile accompanied her answer. He seriously couldn’t ask for a better girlfriend. I mean, someone who could beat him on a 1:1 match was definitely something to admire, and having a relationship with that person was all every gamer guy would want to. After this, believe me, Woohyun started introducing Eunji to the world of games and this two competitive individuals were having the time of their lives at the arcade and at the dancer’s room with all kind of games. There was nothing better than spending time with your favorite person, doing your favorite activity anyways.