For Morons

The Totally Awesome Foolproof Guide to Get the Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“This is the third time this week you girls have been sent to my office, and I must say, I’m extremely disappointed.”

Jungyeon and Momo inwardly groaned to themselves as they were yet again forced to listen to the same old tired spiel lectured by Head Director Park Myeongsu. The unruly pair sat obediently in the red interior armchairs facing the elderly man, the creases of his forehead wrinkling the longer he held the two under his scrutiny. He then averted his attention down at the permanent records spread open faced across his cherry wood desk, already bulking with infractions.

Gong lurked balefully in the background with his arms crossed over his lean torso, closely monitoring the conversation unfolding before him.

“I’ve received a numerous amount of complaints from your peers—”

“And me,” Gong abruptly interjected to which Director Park raised his hand as a note of acknowledgment.

“—And Mr. Gong about insubordinate behavior from you girls,” Park continued, his shriveled hand remaining in the air to negate any further interruptions. “The incident in question is a complaint Mr. Gong himself has submitted about the alleged offense of defacement to personal property.”

“Alleged?” An offended Gong gasped, his beady, bloodshot eyes boring into his adolescent enemies’. “I caught these punks red handed. They are most certainly guilty.”

Director Park sighed heavily, his annoyance by Gong’s abrasive outbursts quite apparent on his stony facial features. He lifted his worn gaze from his desk to reface the two girls who mirrored blank expressions and seemingly innocent demeanors. “What do you girls have to say on the matter?”

“I honestly have no idea what we’re being accused of…” Jungyeon replied meekly.

“You know exactly what you’re being accused of, vandal!” Gong venomously spat while hammering his fist onto Director Park’s desk. “You spray painted male ia on my car!”

Jungyeon bent her head bashfully at his descriptive language. “Ahjussi…how can you saying such things? I don’t even know what that looks like…”

The middle-aged teacher’s tanned skin reddened in rage.

“Liar! You painted it yourself!” He shifted his razor sharp glare onto the blonde sitting quietly beside her. “And you helped her!”

Momo vehemently shook her head in disagreement. “Oppa...I would never help partake in such lewd activity...”

“Don’t play dumb with me, you little—” Gong aggressively began to counter, but Director Park waved off the rest of his insult.

“Even if you did witness this felony for yourself, Mr. Gong, there is no concrete proof,” Park firmly explained while compulsively adjusting his tie. “I can’t take action based solely on loose allegations. That’s not how we conduct matters here.”

“Sir, these aren’t accusations, it’s the truth! I saw them with my own eyes!” Gong legitimized in defense of himself.

“But the lack of evidence—”

“You want evidence? Oh, I got your evidence,” The messy haired teacher rummaged frantically in his suit pocket to reveal a plastic bag containing a half empty spray-paint-can along with a few polaroids. He slapped both pieces of evidence on Park’s desk. “There’s your proof right there!”

After slipping on his reading glasses, Park carefully examined the polaroids presented. His brows furrowed together skeptically. “If you caught them in the act, as you so claim, wouldn’t it make sense to take a snapshot of the offense?”

Gong opened his mouth to reply but hesitated, more or so to the fact that the Head Director had presented a valid point.

“I—uh—hadn’t thought of that…” The flustered teacher reluctantly admitted.

Jungyeon turned her head quickly to conceal her amusement with Momo following suit.

Weaseling their way out of trouble was almost as fun as it was worming their way into it.

Almost.

“Clearly we can’t hold these girls here on such flimsy accusations,” Director Park removed his reading glasses off the bridge of his nose and reclined backward in his leather chair. “I'll make a note of this incident, but I cannot do a thing more.”

“I know what I saw, and I want action!” Gong ruthlessly spat. “You must expel them immediately!”

“Mr. Gong-shi...” Jungyeon formally spoke in an endearing tone of voice. “We’re sorry if we upset you in some way, we promise to do better…”

“Yeah, Oppa, we’ll do better,” Momo added sweetly, oozing with sickening aegyo.

Their bull ‘well behaved angels’ act couldn't have been any more obvious, yet the easily manipulated Director Park bought into the charade like the foolish nitwit the devious pair pegged him to be.

Gong pressed both his callous palms against Park’s abused desk and leaned in closer to the two girls, eyes outlined in malice. “I know what you punks are doing, and it’s not going to work,” He then tugged at the shoulder padding of Director Park like a spoiled child ready to tattletale. “This innocent display you see now is nothing more than a ruse to fool you, sir. It disappoints you that they’ve been in here three times this week; you’ve said it yourself. They’re seeds of the devil, I tell you!”

“I don’t understand why you hate us so much...” Jungyeon said glumly, her lower lip quivering to signify her grief.

Director Park’s bushy brows rose quizzically.

“You think Mr. Gong hates you?” The elderly Director asked Jungyeon directly, seeming much more concerned with the feelings of his students than the complaints of his employee.

Jungyeon lifted her head to face Director Park with shimmering innocence. “It sure feels like he does...he’s always following us around and accusing us of mischief...it makes me uncomfortable...”

“I get a strange feeling from him also...” Momo timidly chimed in. “I remember him calling this a ‘hot date’ when he dragged us in here...I’m not sure what he meant by that...”

Park swiveled his chair around to give Gong a questioning glance. “Did he now?”

“I-It wasn’t like that,” Gong stuttered in bafflement.

“Was that your intention, Ahjussi? You want to…date us?” Jungyeon asked, honing an expression of shock.

“Oppa…are you some kind of...ert...?” Momo instigated, feeding off her cohort’s lead.

“What?!” Gong exasperated, the veins in his forehead beginning to bulge visibly. “You know that’s not tru—”

“That’s enough,” Director Park sternly cut in to cease the back and forth exchange. “I’ve heard all I needed,” Giving the two girls honest smiles, Park gathered the manila folders that housed the records of Momo and Jungyeon and stood from his chair to store them away in his file cabinet.

Once his back had turned, Jungyeon and Momo took the perfect opportunity to openly ridicule Gong. Jungyeon poked her tongue out at the disheveled man, mouthing profanities while Momo made devil horns with her middle fingers, smirking ever so smugly.

Gong, enraged, tried his best to recapture the attention of Director Park in time for him to witness the mockery. “They’re doing it now! Mocking me! Look at them!”

But by the time Director Park refaced the girls, the two had cleverly shifted back to their innocent personas; hands folded neatly in their laps.

“I think it’s clear what I need to do,” Director Park sighed, glaring at Gong then flashing kind eyes towards his two students. “You girls are dismissed to your classes.”

“But sir!” Gong began to protest, but Director Park held up a hand.

“We need to discuss your professionalism,” The older man gestured towards the seats Jungyeon and Momo previously sat.

With no other choice, Gong kept silent and set his harsh glare on the duo.

The two bowed politely then took their leave. When reaching a fair enough distance away from Director Park’s office, they both erupted into an uncontrollable laughter.

“Did you see Gong’s ing face?! He looked shook when you called him a ert!” Jungyeon cackled, stumbling like a drunkard due to her hysterical giggling fit.

“Yeah, what an hat!” Momo laughed along with her, playfully shoving an unbalanced Jungyeon into a set of lockers. “It’s a good thing Park is so damn gullible, or else we’d be in some deep right about now.”

“Which means next time you play look out—” Jungyeon grappled Momo into one of her signature headlocks. “—Actually look out.”

“Yeah, whatever,” The blonde huffed while wriggling out of the older girl’s hold.

When the friendly banter died down, Jungyeon and Momo continued lingering down the empty hallway, vastly approaching the lecture hall of the building. Before they could make it any further, Jungyeon grabbed Momo’s uniform sleeve to stop her.

Like clockwork, Jungyeon’s mischievous mind never missed a beat.

A devious smile tugged at her lips.

“Want to get into trouble?”

Momo pondered this thought for a moment, eyeing her best friend curiously. “I’m listening.”

Jungyeon slipped her hand into her blazer pocket and pulled out a few greenish-yellow packets. “Let’s slip laxatives in all the drinking fountain tanks. It’ll be hilarious.”

“As appealing as that sounds...” Momo began, gradually drifting her petite form towards the lecture hall. “Its almost second period...”

Jungyeon shrugged.

“So what?”

The blonde toyed restlessly with a loose string hanging off the hem of her skirt, purposely avoiding Jungyeon’s gaze. “…I want to see Sana.”

Jungyeon rolled her eyes.

Momo’s new infatuation was a burden Jungyeon wasn’t sure she’d adjust to as efficiently as the latter might have liked. Her best friend of twelve years wasn't the type to be so emotionally wound up over one person. Usually, it was the reverse. The blonde beauty had various male admirers to which she's turned a blind eye to. Boys? Who cares?—Her motto. No, Hirai Momo wasn’t one to pine over anyone. Yet, here she was, sweaty palmed and silly, wanting to bail on a wicked awesome prank just to see a girl.

But, as much as Jungyeon wanted to deem Momo a hopeless idiot, she couldn’t seem to suppress her hypocritical longing for a certain chestnut haired goddess that she literally crashed into not long ago.

And now that the thought was branded to her, she realized she wouldn’t mind seeing said girl for the second time of the day.

Which meant, she’d have to be creative.

Creativity was her specialty.

“How about we try out that two birds with one stone thing again?” Jungyeon proposed with a smirk, tucking the laxative packets back into her blazer for safe keeping.

Momo stared at her shorthaired friend peculiarly, remaining silent as the latter nudged her head over in the direction of the fire alarm aligned along the wall panel.

Momo grinned widely at the implication.

“Have I ever told you how much I adore your brain?”

Jungyeon grinned back.

“On a daily basis.”

With great haste, Jungyeon raced over to the fire alarm, lifted the plastic covering then pulled the metal latch. Immediately, lights began flashing from the corners of the ceiling, and loud blaring echoed throughout the empty hallways.

“I’m burning alive! Someone, please extinguish me!” Jungyeon screamed for dramatic effect as she and Momo took off running towards the nearest exit.

“My clothes are burning right off my body!” Momo broadcasted theatrically, cupping her hands over so that her voice projected loud enough to be heard over the blaring alarms. “Oh no, now I’m ! Whatever shall I do?!”

“Mo, you’re in a burning building, not a o,” Jungyeon snickered, slinging a friendly fist into the shoulder of the blonde who grinned cheekily in response.

The two prankste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter